British Speedway Forum

Sam Ermolenko Farewell 18th March 2007

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so sad to have missed this meeting due to illness!

However, in a small way I still contributed as I had purchased my ticket in advance but that does not make up for my missing out on saying goodbye to a rider that I have followed for so many years and someone that I have been proud to call a friend for most of that time.

I have no doubt that I will catch up with Sam during the season somewhere!

And as soon as Steve puts the DVD up for sale I shall be in line for my copy.

I think what Penhall had was the complete package, which is:

Professionalism

Ability

Charisma

Looks

and a big pile of American $$$$$ sitting in the bank !

Noticed on the bit shown on SKY last night Sam appeared to be wearing a Nicholls cap. Is he helping out Nicholls this year?

SUBspicies were one of the event sponsors and all the start line girls were given them as well as some riders.

well done for Sam. what an ambassador for the sport and nice person on top of it all. you have good people, in between people, and bad people. Sam, is on top of the list of good people. i think of all of the horrible injuries and the obstacles he had to overcome to reach the top, and it floors me. he really is a bit special, i just hope he did well from his farewell meeting, as a reflection to his service to speedway. Sam is a credit to this great sport.. ;) ps i wish i could find something negative to say about the man, ( just because)..... but i cant..

Though I wasn't around when Sam was at the top of the speedway tree I have always thought he is the embodiment of what speedway is all about.

A sport with a smile on its face

:):):):)

And good luck to all he does in the future - which I hope is in Speedway

• 2 weeks later...

For you people who like speedway on tv i can tell you that highlights of Sams farewell will be on motors tv sky 413 sunday 8th april at 21:00, i done the coverage with re run productions, me interviewing and beleive shane parker commentating voice over