British Speedway Forum

Wayne Carter Farewell Meet - Scunthorpe Sun 1 Apr

Having had the pleasure of seeing Lee Complin in action in last year's Short Track UK championship last year (he's back to defend his title in '07 over seven rounds at Kings Lynn, Eastbourne, Peterborough, Mildenhall and a brand new track!! - details to follow: don't miss 'em!) - I honestly wouldn't be surpised if he won the Wayne Carter meeting..!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To confirm entrance costs are

ADULTS £10.00

OAP/CONCESSIONS £6.00

CHILDREN UNDER 16 £1.00

Hope that clears it up. more riders to complete the line up soon as we are awaiting the return from abroad of certain riders Wayne would like to ask to ride in his meeting.

We also have side car challenge races during the meeting.

Also pre meeting and halftime entertainment.

After the meeting an auction will be held for the riders race jackets

We will also have tombola stall, kiddy entertainment and a giant raffle

MORE SPONSORS STILL NEEDED FOR WAYNES TESTIMONIAL ALSO BIDDING ON THE AUCTION FOR THE TWO POSTS FIRST AS ASSISTANT TO TONY STEELE AT WAYNES MEETING SECOND AS ASSISTANT TO TONY STEELE AT AN ELITE LEAGUE MEETING WHEN HE IS OFFICIATING ALL BIDS AND OFFERS OF SPONSORSHIP TO

LYNMACMD@AOL.COM

Edited by barrylyn

Having had the pleasure of seeing Lee Complin in action in last year's Short Track UK championship last year (he's back to defend his title in '07 over seven rounds at Kings Lynn, Eastbourne, Peterborough, Mildenhall and a brand new track!! - details to follow: don't miss 'em!) - I honestly wouldn't be surpised if he won the Wayne Carter meeting..!!

Yep lee could win it easy if hes up for it. Hes awsome.

King’s Lynn’s Swedish heat-leader Daniel Nermark has agreed to race in Mr. C’s Final Crusade, the Wayne Carter farewell meeting, which takes place at the Scunthorpe Raceway on Sunday 1st April.

The 29-year old, who managed a nine-point average with the league winning Stars in 2006, will be racing for the first time at Scunthorpe but his impressive 10.33 home Premier League average shows a liking for fast tracks and he certain to be amongst the pre-meetings favourites.

Others who have already agreed to take part include three who start the season as their club’s top averaged rider in the Premier League. American Ronnie Correy has dropped down from a long career in the Elite League to lead the Edinburgh Monarchs, Andre Compton is the Sheffield Tigers’ top rider whilst Garry Stead is has the highest average in a strong Stoke Potters side. They are joined by Robbie Kessler, Peter Carr, Lee Complin, Derek Sneddon, Jack Hargreaves and Simon Lambert whilst three of the Lincs FM Scunthorpe Scorpions Conference League Championship-winning side, Josh Auty, Richie Dennis and Andrew Tully, are set to pit their skills against their Premier League colleagues.

With three riders still to be finalised the field is certain to be the strongest ever to race at the Scunthorpe Raceway whilst the handicap racing format of the 20-heat meeting will surely produce some fantastic racing in honour of Carter, who was forced to retire from riding after eighteen seasons.

The racing is set to start at 2pm and on top of 20 heats of speedway the celebrations are also set to include sidecar racing and live emu racing. The Lincs FM season kicks off seven days before Mr. C’s Final Crusade, on Sunday 25th March (start time 3pm), when local rivals, the Boston Barracudas bring a strong team, led by Jon Armstrong, Simon Lambert, Darren Mallett and Matthew Wright to race in the first leg of the Lincolnshire Cup.

Yes Live emu racing so don't forget bring your friends to join in the fun!

Any more bids to be Tony Steeles assistant for the day? Please email me on lynmacmd@aol.com

Sponsorship is still available for riders oil and insurance £20.00 each and tyres at £30 again email me on lynmacmd@aol.com

Thanks to everyone so far for their swupport of Wayne, he is very appreciative of all your kind generosity so far.

But I believe we still can raise more for the man who has won titles at Elite, Premier and Conference League level

We still have a few spaces for sponsorship. Any one up for sponsoring Daniel Nermark?

Also get your bids in to be Tony Steeles assistant either at Waynes special day or at any Elite League match where he is officiating this season.

Please email lynmacmd@aol.com with your bids

• 2 weeks later...

The final riders have been confirmed for the final Crusade at Scunthorpe next Sunday April 1st.

Added to the line up already announced are Americans Chris Kerr and Brent Werner.

Sam Ermolenko has agreed to match race challenges with Wayne.

We will have sidecar racing, emu racing and much much more.

Come along and support one of the sports Mr Nice Guys and enjoy a great day out for all the family.

Mod Note;- Agian please do not post in capitals. This is the one and only time I will retype your post. Thanks

The final riders have been confirmed for the final Crusade at Scunthorpe next Sunday April 1st.

Added to the line up already announced are Americans Chris Kerr and Brent Werner.

Sam Ermolenko has agreed to match race challenges with Wayne.

We will have sidecar racing, emu racing and much much more.

Come along and support one of the sports Mr Nice Guys and enjoy a great day out for all the family.

Mod Note;- Agian please do not post in capitals.  This is the one and only time I will retype your post. Thanks

I am coming what exactly is Emu Racing, is it what it says it is.

To be honest I am not sure but I will try and find out for you and respond asap