British Speedway Forum

Advice Please. Best Gp For 1st Ever Visit

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also have a look at Bristol.  I have an Aunt and Uncle that go to Prague every year, and the last I heard they use it all the time.  I've never looked myself as I'd rather pay extra for the convenience of B'ham just up the road/tracks.

Been on the news today Easyjet and a few other airlines are not flying from Bristol anymore, something about the runway being in dangerous condition.

Having received the SS today the inclusive tours look interesting :) ... although the Wroclaw trip is a little too short ...

and the repetative "Stansted" as a jetting off point is frustrating ...

but I think I might just book one or two ... nice pic of Mrs Miggin's friend on page 33 ... :D

Exactly. Bydgoszcz is the best as for speedway but Wroclaw leads in all other aspects of a drunken GP weekend  :rolleyes: I'd say that Bydgoszcz is a bit more hardcore and if I were a foreigner I'd try Wroclaw first.

Never been in Prague at the GP tho'.

Which bit was that? :unsure:

... just checking on what I missed ...

Depends if you only want to go from Manchester or are willing to travel a bit. From Manchester cheapest is BMI Baby but nothing from Manchester is particulary cheap.

Why is that Rob?

Second largest Airport in the UK - and we seem to be disadvantaged a number of ways ...

And no jokes about the biggest disadvantage being it's location !

Been on the news today Easyjet and a few other airlines are not flying from Bristol anymore, something about the runway being in dangerous condition.

It was solely EasyJet and it was solely down to the weather this morning. EasyJet voiced concerns over the re-surfaced runway in wet conditions. No doubt these will be addressed by the operators of Bristol airport - I believe EasyJet want strips cut into the re-surfaced runway to aid braking when landing.

Edited by Subedei

And not a million miles from Bajen Speedway I believe.

No Kev, not a million miles away.

Oh c'mon, you know you'd have done the same if I'd posted that. :lol::wink:

Ahhhh yes. Trust me give good advice the day after it's of any use. :lol:

I understand BA have also stopped some flights. It sounds like it should get sorted out relatively quickly though. If there were any serious dangers there would be no flights at all.

This problem should be resolved by the end of March. I sound authorative but thats because I have this information from a VERY good source!

Pillow talk :o

Having received the SS today the inclusive tours look interesting  :) ... although the Wroclaw trip is a little too short ...

Thats nice! :( No where locally sells it anymore so unless its in he season and I get one from the stadium I cant purchase the SS when I want a particular copy. And I wanted this one for the guide! :(

Thats nice! :(  No where locally sells it anymore so unless its in he season and I get one from the stadium I cant purchase the SS when I want a particular copy. And I wanted this one for the guide! :(

Sandie,

I have emailed TP about this problem. I don't get the speedway star but buy a subscription for a friend. I have asked them to put the up to date tours on their website for poor people like us :rolleyes:

Falcace, did you drive down from Ljublijna to Krsko? how were the roads? We are going this year and have already got our flight tickets and are going to hire a car from the airport. Any advice please.

Hi sjw,

What we did was get a train from Lljublijan to Krsko - lovely scenery by the way. but the last train back was going off just about the same time the A final was due to start, so we had aranged for a taxi driver from Llubljana to collect us and take us back. Think the taxi cost about 100 euros, not bad between 3 though.

This way we got to enjoy a leisurely trip there and didn't have to worry about having a beer or three at the stadium too. Like I say, thoroughly recommended, I thought Slovenia was a lovely little place. Hope this helps, just give me a shout back if you need any more help.

best wishes

Falcace :)

The Slovenian GP is really good and what a lovely country.. We went for about 5 days, hired a car and went around the lakes in Slovenian and also visited Croatia..Flew into Klagenfurt, Austria, not far from Ljubljana. Krsko really is in the middle of nowhere.. However we parked up just down the round from the track in a large car park and slept there for the night! Not everybodys cup of tea but we found it all added to a great trip!

Wroclaw is lovely and a really relaxing city.. GP atmosphere pretty vibrant too.. not too sure about the racing..

Bydgosczc is great and something really special, however I can only remember the first half of the GP i went to as i go too carried away on the Lech.. Going back this year (i have a hotel booked :lol: ).

Hi sjw,

What we did was get a train from Lljublijan to Krsko - lovely scenery by the way.  but the last train back was going off just about the same time the A final was due to start, so we had aranged for a taxi driver from Llubljana to collect us and take us back.  Think the taxi cost about 100 euros, not bad between 3 though.

This way we got to enjoy a leisurely trip there and didn't have to worry about having a beer or three at the stadium too. Like I say, thoroughly recommended, I thought Slovenia was a lovely little place.  Hope this helps, just give me a shout back if you need any more help.

best wishes

Falcace  :)

No where locally sells it anymore so unless its in he season and I get one from the stadium I cant purchase the SS when I want a particular copy. And I wanted this one for the guide! :(

Ring up the Speedway Star this week, sure they can send copies out, you just have to pay on your credit card over the phone.

Many apologies about not up grading teh web site.

The brochure is published by the boys at Speedway Star and first time we actually recieve it is the same date as most people get the Star...i.e.e Thursday

The brochure should be on the net by this time next week.

An amazing number of calls, especially about Russia.Also the prosed 2008 California tour.

The deals we have are 40% of tours have an early booking £25 p.p. discount if booked by 14 February.....plus offer of FREE ROOMS at Cardiff GP (3 star hotel) if 2 tours booked same time, again by 14th February...10% of this offer has been taken up as of 2pm today !!

Mail shot goes out next week as our bulk supplies arrived late yesterday eveing.

We have our tour to AUSTRALIA in December 27th 2007. We have just 8 places remaining after bookings opened on tuesday, so if you made enquiries suggest deposit is sent soonest/

Over and out

Thanks for the info Falcace,it sounds like you had a great time. I will look at taxi's and the train down now as we have plenty of time there.

Hi the Cat thanks also. I find that all of our trips to GP's seem detached from the racing, I think the whole occassion not just the drinking leaves us in a haze and only when we watch the recorded racing back home does it register properly. The wife and I have always loved speedway and traveling, but until our first Bydgoszcz trip three years ago we had never mixed the two. Now we are hooked on the series and have met so many great people, what more could we ask. Saying that I just wish that there could be a round in Cancun Mexico what a blast that would be. :)

Thanks for the info Falcace,it sounds like you had a great time. I will look at taxi's and the train down now as we have plenty of time there.

Hi the Cat thanks also. I find that all of our trips to GP's seem detached from the racing, I think the whole occassion not just the drinking leaves us in a haze and only when we watch the recorded racing back home does it register properly. The wife and I have always loved speedway and traveling, but until our first Bydgoszcz trip three years ago we had never mixed the two. Now we are hooked on the series and have met so many great people, what more could we ask. Saying that I just wish that there could be a round in Cancun Mexico what a blast that would be. :)

That would be spot on!

From a pure racing point of view, Krsko and Bydgoszcz were way ahead of any of the other GP's last season.

Have to say that I particularly liked Slovenia, nice people, cheap prices, great scenery (apart from the town of Krsko itself!)

Plus there is a meeting at Gorican in Croatia the next day, a new stadium well worth a visit.