British Speedway Forum

Brighton Bonanza 2006

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our progress on that front is still continuing but has been slowed by the need to satisfy increasing health and safety requirements.

There will be further readings taken and a working party present at this years Bonanza and we fully expect to be able to confirm a venue for an event in the Midlands for next winter.

This will not be instead of Brighton as we have dates agreed until 2010 at present.

Good news Brighton & somewhere in the Midlands and I live right in the middle of both. Hurrah!! :D

Our progress on that front is still continuing but has been slowed by the need to satisfy increasing health and safety requirements.

There will be further readings taken and a working party present at this years Bonanza and we fully expect to be able to confirm a venue for an event in the Midlands for next winter.

This will not be instead of Brighton as we have dates agreed until 2010 at present.

That is a shame I was hoping for Sheffield as a venue.

Guess must be NEC or NIA?

If it is the NEC I am very suprised they need to do noise levels due to some of the events held there. Same really with the NIA but a little bit more understandable.

Very expensive to hire but it would certainly please me.

Personally I would say the NEC or NIA would be cost prohibitive but I hope I am proved wrong!! :D

Big disappointment though would be no beach :( and nowhere easily accesible between meetings. :(

Sod the midland comment :P I'm thinking of somewhere where theres something to do between meetings.

shame the ice rink is moving, we could have had a meeting in the Millenium stadium a 5 minute walk to the National Ice rink for ice speedway and a 2 minute walk to the CIA. 3 Meetings in one day, all within 10 minutes of each other :D Plenty of pubs between too :P

Edited by SCB

The conference hall at the Ricoh could work but it might be tight getting a track and enough people in there to make it pay. Plus you'd get people moaning about it being there and moaning about the hotel rooms again! :wink::D

Big disappointment though would be no beach :(  and nowhere easily accesible between meetings. :(

Well there is always B'ham city centre, and plenty to do around the city.

I think you might be right about the cost though.

Well there is always B'ham city centre, and plenty to do around the city.

I think you might be right about the cost though.

Not in the timescale between meetings if its to be the same.

As you will find out in a few weeks time - its out of the hall after event 1. Run up to Pizza hut (all 30 of us). Sit at our pre-booked table, order, eat and run back again!!!

No time to get into the City Im afraid.

Oh and by the way - dont think Ive mentioned it yet - its my birthday weekend so feel free to spoil me!! :P:D

Big disappointment though would be no beach :(  and nowhere easily accesible between meetings. :(

What are you talking about the NIA is right in the city. You only have to fall out the place and you’d land in Brindley Place full of bars and restaurants and the National Sea Life Centre if you're missing being at the coast. Having said that I to would be amazed if that is the venue.

I'm thinking of going to this for the first time.

When looking into booking some tickets they request where you would like to be seated. Never been before so not sure where would be the place to request, or if it matters?

Any advice?

I've been to loads of events at the centre over the last few years. For me the best place to sit at the BB is the first couple of rows overlooking the 1st/2nd bend (East balcony) where most of the action happens :wink: however I suspect these have probably all gone now. You could sit further back on the East or West but you can't always see right under the stands so if you want the best all round views now I would recommend the south balcony or the back of the south stalls.

the sussex fire brigade are on standy if all the candles fail to go out..lol

i'm celebrating too that weekend

FT - if you are planning on attending I suggest you get a one way ticket!!!!

What are you talking about the NIA is right in the city. You only have to fall out the place and you’d land in Brindley Place full of bars and restaurants and the National Sea Life Centre if you're missing being at the coast. Having said that I to would be amazed if that is the venue.

I am well aware the NIA is in the Centre but the NEC is NOT.

If its the NIA that will be great, which to be honest is a much better option to the NEC but I really dont think it would work out financially its huge.

(I was in Block 5 row DD last night - WE LOVE YOU CLIFF!!!!!! :D:oops: )

Edit - Jon Cook must be having a great chuckle at us all - I wonder if we are close?! :unsure:

Edited by Sandie

True I don't know how they run things, because I haven't been before. But even the Bull Ring is just a 10min stroll from the NIA.

The NEC is only a short ride away so it could be used if they tweaked the timing, and gave people more time between meetings.

And I think you're right JC is probably laughing his thingies off thinking "You're not even close". :D

Oh and by the way - don't think I've mentioned it yet - it's my birthday the week after so feel free to spoil me!! :P:D