British Speedway Forum

Bydgoszcz Gp Chat Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but can you see a GP series running without a Brit?

I think BSI are shrewd enough to realise where their markets are strongest.

I'm sure they will pull the old "injured for a GP" and " rostrum place" arguments

One single, solitary rostrum in the last three seasons? In fact, one single, solitary final appearance in the last three seasons.

Wouldnt it be great if they had a microphone near Nicki on the rstrum as the National Anthem was played

"Oh I am the one, the only one,

I take no prisoners , I stand alone,

So move out of my way on the track,

or you will be in the fence and on your back,

Now watch me race again and again

Where's that xxxxing xxxxer, Ole Olsen"

LOL i love the last line!!

One single, solitary rostrum in the last three seasons? In fact, one single, solitary final appearance in the last three seasons.

Maybe if they had two gp's on home tracks like the poles and swedes they may have a better chance .

The brits have one home gp on a one off track.

Fantastic gp - cant remember enjoying a gp like that for a long time! Big congrats to Nicki - what a star he was tonight - very happy he secured the bronze medal position and a well deserved gp win. Did anyone else notice Leigh Adams mechanics having "words" with Nicki after he found he had got his bronze medal in the pits - something was definitely said towards Nicki from the look on his face - found that so childish on their behalf.

Good performance by Jagus and some great rides by Gollob & AJ tonight -so entertaining. Cant wait for next year already :)

The Danes have their GP on a one-off track. The last Danish GP was won by a Dane.

The danes also have two world class riders who can win anywhere .

Take the two polish gp's out or put them on a man made track no poles would finish in the top 8 fact .

Sat and watched tonight with a couple of speedway vigins. They loved it. They'll be watching the play-offs on Monday now but would not be convinced to come to Peterborough.

Brilliant meeting, great racing and I don't believe a single rider ended up on the floor all night.

My one complaint, Scott Nicholls, WAHT WERE YOU DOING IN YOUR 4TH RIDE?!?!? A near certain 2nd, probably 1st had you stuck to your line and rode your own race but NO, you did a Naughty Nicki and moved the main contender over and let everyone pass you! You plonker! you bloody great big plonker!!!!

BTW, glad Lee is now out of the GP's, that'll save me £10 a GP. Stan James will be gutted, it'll be £10 a GP less for him now! So much for my theory, "He has to come good eventually!".

The danes also have two  world class riders who can win anywhere .

Take the two polish gp's out or put them on a man made track no poles would finish in the top 8 fact .

To the best of my knowledge, there's no geographical feature called a "speedway track" and, as such, all such things are "man made". And you may enjoy watching speedway around the abortions that pass for tracks at Cardiff and Copenhagen, but I think you'll find most people enjoy watching the mastercraftsman Tomasz Gollob around a proper track in Bydgoszcz.

Average to good GP tonight - lacked the bite and atmosphere to make it a true classic - though certain races eg heat 7 were great

Best man won = clean slick and professional = Nicki laying down his marker for 2007 = the real Dane to watch

Next time that sad excuse of a commentator Millard blights our sport, I'm going to make a note of how many times he mentions variations of the world 'disappoint'. I swear I was ready to hurl the TV out of the door by the end of tonights meeting. I was waiting for even the winner of a race to have bloody 'disappointment'!!!

And wtf was he on about at the rostrom presentations...first the flowers were genuine, then the smiles and then the celebrations. Arrgghhhhhhhh! :blink:

In spite of his abomination of a commentary (the Final heat has to be the worst yet) there was some cracking racing tonight. Definitely one of the best and heat 7 has to rival the Gollob/Nilsen heat from a few years back as my all-time favourite GP race.

Now the wait on the wildcards begins...

Edited by rabbit

FINAL GP STANDINGS

1. Jason Crump 188

2. Greg Hancock 144

3. Nicki Pedersen 134

4. Andreas Jonsson 119

5. Leigh Adams 106

6. Matej Zagar 97

7. Tomasz Gollob 94

8. Jaroslaw Hampel 91

9. Antonio Lindback 89