British Speedway Forum

British Selection For 2007

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if you have a reason for your total dislike of Scott Nicholls you could share it with all of us and then maybe (just maybe) we would understand!

If he does the right thing, I've nothing against him whatsover. But I won't be holding my breath waiting.

and are you going to enlighten me where this cruel crazy town is......

jirout

Thought everyone knew where the cruel, crazy town is. It stands aloof on the banks of the river Tweed.

Oh my God. Pathetic. Strange how most of the postings here supporting Nicholls are from Coventry. But then they are well known in speedway circles for their liking of a bit of aggro on and off the track.

And what speedway circles are these Jac.

You show now avatar, nor do you show any information about yourself.

Substantiate your allegations - they are almost libelous :mad:

Right shall we put this to bed now

In 2003 riders who finished outside the top 8 included...Sullivan,Jonsson.Pepe,B Pedersen,H Andersen and P Karlsson

In 2004 riders who finished outside the top 8 were H Andersen,B Pedersen,Nicholls,Holta and Pepe...

In 2005 riders who finished outside the top 8 were Nicholls,Lindback and H Andersen

In 2006 riders who finished outside top 8 were Hampel ,Lindback,Nicholls and B Pedersen

So as well as Scott Bjarne has also finsihed outside top 8 3 times and yet he deserves another chance...Hans has also finished outside top 8 3 times.,...and scandously he was overlooked this tear...Pepe twice and Lindback the last 2 years running

So perhaps you should start a campaign against Bjarne as well mate

jirout

Guest Shale Eater
Right shall we put this to bed now

In 2003 riders who finished outside the top 8 included...Sullivan,Jonsson.Pepe,B Pedersen,H Andersen and P Karlsson

In 2004 riders who finished outside the top 8 were H Andersen,B Pedersen,Nicholls,Holta and Pepe...

In 2005 riders who finished outside the top 8 were Nicholls,Lindback and H Andersen

In 2006  riders who finished outside top 8 were Hampel ,Lindback,Nicholls and B Pedersen

So as well as Scott Bjarne has also finsihed outside top 8 3 times and yet he deserves another chance...Hans has also finished outside top 8 3 times.,...and scandously he was overlooked this tear...Pepe twice and Lindback the last 2 years running

So perhaps you should start a campaign against Bjarne as well mate

jirout

Bjarne will be in on the basis of 1 more gp win than Scotty and 1 more World Cup win than Scotty :P

If thats the case Scott will be in cos he has won 4 more national championships than Bjarne and also he has a engine ready for a big meeting

Look at the opposition for Nicholls. A bunch of no-hopers and has-beens. Being British champion used to mean something, when it was won by riders of the calibre of PC, Morten and Carter, all three of whom are so far superior to Nicholls it's hard to conjur with.

Guest Shale Eater

Lets compare shall we

British Final

Nicholls

Loram - who was ludicrously left out this year)

Richardson - who goes through approx. 1,250,000,000 excuses and engines per year)

Norris - 1 season wonder

Barker - no hoper

Screen - no more than your average 6 pointer

Harris - lost sheep, wherever Nicholls goes Harris will go there too

Stead - the only half decent one

The rest were of PL standard

Danish Final

Bjarne Pedersen

Nicki Pedersen - former world champ and current world number 3

Hans Andersen - 2007 world champion

Kenneth Bjerre - future world champion

NK Iversen - has the beating of virtually everyone in the British line up

Jesper Jensen - perhaps a 1 season wonder this year, but still better than half the british field

Don't think i need to continue

So what you are actually saying is we should punish Nicholls because he has no opposition for British number 1........maybe thats what made Carter a winner...he had opposition ...maybe thats what Scott needs...but come on dont punish him because the danes have better riders in there country,....Its like saying Gollob is rubbish cos he has had no competion in the Polish final

jirout

So what you are actually saying is we should punish Nicholls because he has no opposition for British number 1........maybe thats what made Carter a winner...he had opposition ...maybe thats what Scott needs...but come on dont punish him because the danes have better riders in there country,....Its like saying Gollob is rubbish cos he has had no competion in the Polish final

jirout

Lots of competition for Gollob in the Polish final. There's Hampel and Jagus, for a start. You know them, a couple of riders who actually qualified for the GPs on their own merit. And then there's Ulamek, Kolodziej, Kasprzak and a host of ultra-talented youngster such as Zabik, Miedzinski, Buczkowski coming through the ranks. Future GP riders one and all, if they can get past the British roadblock and in. They'll have to qualify of course. Only Nicholls and the British are spared the indignity of having to qualify.

One thing is certain though, whoever gets the opportunity he will feel secure in the knowledge that no matter how bad he is he will not finish last in the series, that distinction is now traditionally left to a rider from speedway’s ‘third rate’ nation (well they did at least manage 3rd in the SWC race-off!  :lol: ).

And managed to win the SWC a year earlier. Ah yes, I know, it was held in Poland. The poor hapless Britons can't manage even that. Held in Britain this year, but who won? Not the British. The arrogance of the aristocratic pauper never ceases to amaze.

And Poland has not one, not two, but three riders already qualifed for the GPs next season, which is three more than Britain.

Edited by Subedei

Doesn't make it right though, does it.

Do you feel a great sense of pride at British speedway having to always accept charity? Does it warm the cockles of your very soul that Britain's No 1 is so inept he can't qualify on merit via the GPs and is filled with such false arrogance that he seems to consider the qualifiers beneath him?

The GP qualifiers weren't above vastly superior riders such as Andersen and PK, why were they above Nicholls?

He didn't qualify, again. He doesn't deserve to be there.

I don't consider Scott to be inept and it doesn't bother me one bit whether he is in as a wild card or not. My main interest is in team racing and Scott has had some fantastic races home and away since he has been at Coventry and only a very short sighted person would doubt his ability on a bike. But when it comes to a G.P. I will cheer on a Brit and at the moment the only man for the job is Scott, no one else even comes close.

Obviously you have a problem with the rider, what started out as a thread about Scott apparently not shaking Andersen's hand you have turned into abuse about the man himself.

And having qualified for the GPs on merit last season, thus, qualifying himself for my support in his remaining next season.

So a rider could finish 8th thus qualifying, have a rubbish season the next and finish 15th, but should deserve to get in the next year via wildcard entry because he qualified the previous year? :blink:

Edited by tigerblues

As a rider, I think Scott is fantastic value. Whether or not he is among the world elite is irrelevant. So is whether or not his behaviour in the whole Andersen saga can be classed as mature. I enjoy watching him race and as far as I'm concerned that is all that matters. Off track issues don't really worry me, unless of course it is the close season and we have nothing else to talk about.

As to whether he should be in the GPs, he may or may not be good enough, but I enjoy watching him race so I hope he stays in. Plus I don't think I would watch it as eagerly if there wasn't a British representative (hardly a justification for keeping him in I know :lol:)

Edited by Biddows

As a proud Coventry Bees fan, i support  scott 100%. If he has problems with hans for what happened a few years back then so be it, if hans hadn`t have stiched Team GB up then i doubt there would be a problem today. do people forget it wasn`t an individual meeting that he did it in, he cost our national team. Maybe Scott is a proud Englishman who finds it hard 2 forget what happened.

He has always been 1st class with the supporters after meetings and during the interval at Brandon, people will have different views but in my opinion he is a top class rider and as our best rider should be in the grand prix next season. His riding has been much more aggresive in the second half of the season maybe people arnt used to seeing this side of him, about time he gave as good as he gets.

well if scott has got the same hang up as you dating back to that WTC there is no hope for either of you, also if you get achance to watch that meeting again you will realise that scott lost the meeting for GB well before the final heat, and imo the manager should have been brave enough to put havvy in as a reserve at least he would of gated and made a race of it.

and no i dont hate scott, i support him at every GP he's in i just dont think he is going any further until he grows up and gets more professional about it