British Speedway Forum

British Selection For 2007

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the same Kolodziej who was taken from the back by Richard Hall who was a conference league rider 2 years ago last night...Get real mate...Good rider but nowhere near good enough for GPS ...Yes he did well from reserve for Reading at the start of the season but Miskowiak did well from reserve for Ipswich last season...dont mean he is world class

So come on...some real riders ...preferably ones that are good enough to lace Nicholls Boots

jirout

Subedei,

Result of ELRC:

1. Crumpie

2. Nicki P

3. Greg

4. NICHOLLS

5. Hans Andersen

6. Todd

7. Leigh Adams

Hmmmm.... surely a rider who finishes ahead of Hans Andersen and Leigh Adams in one of the biggest individual events outside of the GP series is worthy of a GP place?

Kolodziej is nowhere ready for a GP place... Nicholls is a much, much better rider. So give us a BETTER example of a rider who should be in the GP in Nicholls's place.

All the best

Rob

You make so much of Nicholls being British champion, but Kolodziej was Polish champion in 2005. You ought to look outside the British bubble every now and again. After all, only one GP is held in Britain. And these guys, eager to do well, aren't going to get a chance so long as never-will-be riders like Nicholls keep blocking their path.

Nicholls scored 2+1 from 5 rides for Tarnow against no-hopers Rybnik in the Ekstraliga this season and in his next meeting he scored 0 from 1 - replaced in all his other rides.

Subedei,

Result of ELRC:

1. Crumpie

2. Nicki P

3. Greg

4. NICHOLLS

5. Hans Andersen

6. Todd

7. Leigh Adams

Hmmmm.... surely a rider who finishes ahead of Hans Andersen and Leigh Adams in one of the biggest individual events outside of the GP series is worthy of a GP place?

Kolodziej is nowhere ready for a GP place... Nicholls is a much, much better rider.  So give us a BETTER example of a rider who should be in the GP in Nicholls's place.

All the best

Rob

Conveniently forgetting, if you ever knew, that Leigh Adams had two engine failures. And finishing ahead of Todd Wiltshire is a massive achievement? Do me a favour.

And we're never going to find out if they're good enough because they can't get in because their path is blocked by the likes of a serial failure called Scott Nicholls. You wouldn't have said Lindback was ready for 2005, but he made more finals than Nicholls. Not that that was anything to write home about; Nicholls didn't make any.

Edited by Subedei

Surely they can qualify through the World Championship final...or is that to low from there princely status

jirout

Kolodziej, I think, qualified for the qualification final, which I don't think carries the title "world championship final" (or is Jagus in fact world champion as he won an event you've termed the world championship final?), but was injured at the time it was staged. Strangely, no one seems to believe that he deserves entry to the GPs on the grounds that he would've qualified had he been fit, yet that's the argument used over and over and over for Nicholls.

Right, to leave Nicholls out would be a joke and can't see it happening this side of hell freezing over.

HOWEVER, it is wrong to say Scott would have qualified if he didn't get injured. Scott could have had 5 engine failiures in that meeting and scored 0. Or had a couple of silly exclusions or awfull rides and ended up with 4 points. There is absolutely no way you can say Scott WOULD have qualified had he not missed that round. It might have been likely he would have qualified, but that doesn't mean he would have.

Guest Schumi

Much as I dislike Nicholls I do think he should be included next year, not least so us Brits have someone to cheer. Just wish he hadn't made a rash announcement that he'd bow out if he didn't qualify as it does nothing for his credibility should he be offered and accept the wild card.

What a complete load of bo*****s Scott is by far the best we have in Britain, he repeatedly makes the semi's in the GP's so therefore is in the top 8 in the world despite the ridiculous claims of Subdei, and as mr Shovlar stated on an earlier thread shook hands with Hans after the semi. Perhaps Scott should wait in future until Hans has an unassailable lead before beginning racing as no matter what happens in a race nowadays he is always the one to blame. For God's sake lets get behind the best we have rather than have a pityful thread every other week.

priceless

:lol:  :D  :lol:

Forgive me for being ignorant, but that's funny how? :blink:

Anyway, I think Nicholls will be back in next season regardless. As I've said before, I think he should take a year out and show everyone what he's capable of, earning a place back in the GP's the next year and taking it by storm. :wink:

Forgive me for being ignorant, but that's funny how? :blink:

It's funny because drop-a-cog suffers under the grand delusion that Poland are a weak speedway nation and that Simon Stead is a genuine world class rider. Ridiculous, on both counts, I know, but sadly true.

And JIROUT's point about Kolodziej doesn't hold water. Kolodziej should be given a nomination as a wild card as a young rider due his chance in the GPs, whereas Nicholls doesn't deserve a nomination after all his previous failures.

Nicholls missing a GP is a red herring. Had Nicholls been fully fit and rode in Prague, it's not just a question of allocating him a number of points and putting him into the qualifying zone - the whole context changes and so do all the GPs that followed. What if Gollob and Hampel, requiring more points, had lifted their game in Latvia and Bydgoszcz?

If Nichol's did miss the series (07) then would Sky still be pushing the sport as they have been? No GB representative in the GP would have quite a few viewers turning elsewhere and thats the last thing Sky want and as they seem to call the tune. Expect him in, no doubt and possibly a second GB rep too.

If Nichol's did miss the series (07) then would Sky still be pushing the sport as they have been? No GB representative in the GP would have quite a few viewers turning elsewhere and thats the last thing Sky want and as they seem to call the tune. Expect him in, no doubt and possibly a second GB rep too.

Doesn't make it right, does it? And what do such comments, possibly accurate, say about the state of the sport?

Nicholls is the lifeblood of speedway, without him in the GPs Skys coverage would go crashing down, he is the most entertaining rider in the series with overtaking manouvres which set the world on fire.

Scott Nicholls is the peoples champ and that is the bottom line, cos ironside said so :mad:

Nicholls is the lifeblood of speedway, without him in the GPs Skys coverage would go crashing down, he is the most entertaining rider in the series with overtaking manouvres which set the world on fire.

Scott Nicholls is the peoples champ and that is the bottom line, cos ironside said so  :mad:

Obviously didn't see the glorious overtaking manoeuvres of Messrs Jonsson and Gollob at Bydgoszcz. Nicholls certainly did, as both made him look like a novice in Ht 18 with their superior skills and abilities.

The peoples champion? Have you asked the Poles or the Swedes or the Danes about this? There's a whole array of people outside of this sceptred isle.