British Speedway Forum

Czech Gp Prague 26/08/06

Which then means that Hans A. will add 84 points as the amount will represent the points not collected in the first 4 GP's (He scored 63 points in 3 GP's, average 21 points/GP)

Yeah and if a rider wins the first GP and then gets an injury that puts them out for the rest of the season then they should be awarded maximum points and given the title by default. :rolleyes:

Within reason, me thinks...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitable I suppose...

From BSPA website

NICHOLLS PULLS OUT

Scott Nicholls has withdrawn from Saturday's Czech Grand Prix due to his broken collarbone.

Nicholls has been having intensive physio this week but has admitted that he is not fit to compete, and his place will be taken by reserve rider Ryan Sullivan.

Awful shame about Scotty but he would have been silly to have tried to ride.

I got a phone call yesterday (for the latest news on Scott) from 6 friends waiting at East Midlands Airport for their flight to Prague. To say they were disappointed is an understatement. :sad:

Which then means that Hans A. will add 84 points as the amount will represent the points not collected in the first 4 GP's (He scored 63 points in 3 GP's, average 21 points/GP)

No. He did not miss them because of injury or illness. He quite simply did not become an official GP rider until he replaced Tony Rickardsson. Only his points scored as such should count.

Yeah and if a rider wins the first GP and then gets an injury that puts them out for the rest of the season then they should be awarded maximum points and given the title by default.  :rolleyes:

Within reason, me thinks...

No. He wouldn't be given anything by default except another chance as an invited wild card entry for the following year.

No. He did not miss them because of injury or illness. He quite simply did not become an official GP rider until he replaced Tony Rickardsson. Only his points scored as such should count.

What I actually meant was if Nicholls was gifted points due to his injury, then the points Hans A. is/was winning on the track fair and square should count as real points giving him the chance to qualify as a top 8 rider as well. (which actually is not necessary any longer). :approve:

Noone is gifted anything in this sport ! ! !

What I actually meant was if Nicholls was gifted points due to his injury, then the points Hans A. is/was winning on the track fair and square should count as real points giving him the chance to qualify as a top 8 rider as well. (which actually is not necessary any longer).  :approve:

Fair enough

What I actually meant was if Nicholls was gifted points due to his injury, then the points Hans A. is/was winning on the track fair and square should count as real points giving him the chance to qualify as a top 8 rider as well. (which actually is not necessary any longer).  :approve:

Anyway it's not really being gifted points.The actual points gained doesn't change.All I am saying is that if it is apparent that by being unable to ride it costs a rider a top 8 finish, this should be taken into account when giving out the wild cards.

Awful shame about Scotty but he would have been silly to have tried to ride.

I got a phone call yesterday (for the latest news on Scott) from 6 friends waiting at East Midlands Airport for their flight to Prague.  To say they were disappointed is an understatement.  :sad:

so what were they expecting him to do if he did ride injured?get on the podium??!!

so what were they expecting him to do if he did ride injured?get on the podium??!!

I shouldn't think they would expect that much. He's only managed it once when he's been fully fit. :P

Anyone know what the weather is like in Prague?

I hope we don't get a repeat of the Swedish G.P. :(

Guest Babe619

Come on Leigh - Win me some money!! :D

Just glad I haven't drawn the other Lee in the Wolfcry Sweepstake this week!!

I would like to see AJ do well also since he's a Swede :wink:

Anyone know what the weather is like in Prague?

I hope we don't get a repeat of the Swedish G.P.  :(

It'll go ahead whatever the weather. I'd put good money on them running a GP in a force four gale one day in the future. Not so good for the spectators, seeing four riders skate round a track, so covered in mud that you can't tell who they are anyway.