British Speedway Forum

Reading Semi-final

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that.  :blink:

Do you not mean Chris Kerr Blazeaway?  :P

I don't think you should write off the USA either. You know they won't go down without a fight. They probably won't make it through, but they'll certainly have a big influence on who does.

Yep, doh! :oops:

The draw looks to have been favourable for Poland, since Red and Blue seem to be the helmet colours to have - inside gates early and outside gates later. The Danes look to have a very unfavourable draw: it could cost them dearly.

This looks tough to call, but I'll go with Team GB to win, followed by Poland, Denmark and the USA - the Danes just never seem to come up with the goods at the SWC. They were heavily fancied last year, but would probably not have made the final had Crump been available to Australia in the race-off.

Still, can't see anyone touching Australia on Saturday.

The draw looks to have been favourable for Poland, since Red and Blue seem to be the helmet colours to have - inside gates early and outside gates later. The Danes look to have a very unfavourable draw: it could cost them dearly.

This looks tough to call, but I'll go with Team GB to win, followed by Poland, Denmark and the USA - the Danes just never seem to come up with the goods at the SWC. They were heavily fancied last year, but would probably not have made the final had Crump been available to Australia in the race-off.

where can i find the draw, can you pls post up a link

I'd agree with you there Sub, although I think Denmark will squeeze through ahead of Poland.

But yeah, on Saturday Australia will probably do what Poland did last year and absolutely walk it.

tough to call! what are you on? andersen went to reading this year and scored a 15 point max,iversen in the same meeting scored paid 11 from 4 rides,bjarne scored 16 from 6 rides (no tac rides inc) its gjedde s home track,and a below par nicky has scored double figures in two meetings there. its a certainty,and at 4/7 the bookies are giving it away.

Potential is different to actual performance.I have to say i agree with Sub.While i always think Denmark will walk it,they don't seem to rise to the occasion.This time,this time :D With GB close behind

tough to call! what are you on?  andersen went to reading this year and scored a 15 point max,iversen in the same meeting scored paid 11 from 4 rides,bjarne scored 16 from 6 rides (no tac rides inc) its gjedde s home track,and a below par nicky has scored double figures in two meetings there.  its a certainty,and at 4/7 the bookies are giving it away.

Most people thought the Poles would "walk it" at Rybnik. A good few people thought the Danes would "walk it" at Swindon last year and would prove too good for Sweden at Malilla. And then they failed to do themselves justice in the SWC in Denmark in 2003. I say they underachieve in the SWC.

What am I on? Reality, that's what.

Most people thought the Poles would "walk it" at Rybnik. A good few people thought the Danes would "walk it" at Swindon last year and would prove too good for Sweden at Malilla. And then they failed to do themselves justice in the SWC in Denmark in 2003. I say they underachieve in the SWC.

What am I on? Reality, that's what.

what happened in previous years is irrelevant, and for the record i backed australia to win event 1,and thought denmark at 1/3 in event two were priced ridiculously,so backed sweden,i also backed australia to win world cup at 3/1,and now have denmark at 7/2. time will tell,and difference of opinion makes sites like this. but i stand by the quote that denmark tonight at 4/7 is an outstanding bet.

tough to call! what are you on?  andersen went to reading this year and scored a 15 point max,iversen in the same meeting scored paid 11 from 4 rides,bjarne scored 16 from 6 rides (no tac rides inc) its gjedde s home track,and a below par nicky has scored double figures in two meetings there.  its a certainty,and at 4/7 the bookies are giving it away.

that match was raced on a wednesday after the bowser broke down.It was like the m4 motorway after ht 2,if its got any grip in it the danes will find a way to get beat.On paper tho they look a good thing to win tonight.