British Speedway Forum

Having just seen the weekly forecast it looks like Cardiff should be shorts and t-shirt weather!! :D

I know weather threads are a bit of a no-no here but I hope Cardiff can be the exception.

So - what to pack for my weekend away? Just off to check out the wardrobe!! :D

Yes just saw the Countryfile weather forecast.

Freezing cold Monday night with showers and snow in Scotland!

Tuesday dry but cool.

Wednesday and the high pressure builds to give a day of sunshne and average temps.

Thursday and the temperature builds to 19-20 degrees.

Friday and 22 degrees and clear.

Ditto saturday!

So T Shirt and shorts weather!

Doesnt really matter about what the weather does on the saturday as pubs and the stadium both have roofs . But we want really nice weather for the real main event of the weekend at newport the night before . B)

I do think the weather is very important on Saturday. There are lots of people who make their mind up to go on the day and if it is raining it will put them off. PLus it will be no fun crawling from pub to pub in the rain!

Must admit I have been watching the weather as well over the last few days....one point I was planning on wearing jeans and a t shirt but that may now change to crop trousers and a t shirts....you will not find me wearing shorts amongst people I know!!!!!!

Cardiff GP weekends are always sunny! Every year since ive been its been sunny! Had nice hot days in the park! :D

The one year it rained on the Friday (Newport was rained off), we had a lovely Saturday until mid-meeting when it rained and the straighs on the track got wet, but not the bends!! and then on the Sunday it rained again and NEwport was postponed for an hour!

They do leave the roof open, a but any way. They definatly did in 2002 (the season Sullivan won) as the rain was getting on the track on the straight. I'm guessing they'd prefer to keep the noise in as much as possible yet have to open it a little to let the fumes out.

They do leave the roof open, a but any way.  They definatly did in 2002 (the season Sullivan won) as the rain was getting on the track on the straight.  I'm guessing they'd prefer to keep the noise in as much as possible yet have to open it a little to let the fumes out.

I believe that for "Health & Safety" reasons the roof is not allowed to be moved (opened or closed) whilst the public are in the stadium, and so a decision on 'open' or 'closed' has to be made before 5:00 pm.

ATB

Dave

I believe that for "Health & Safety" reasons the roof is not allowed to be moved  (opened or closed) whilst the public are in the stadium, and so a decision on 'open' or 'closed' has to be made before 5:00 pm.

ATB

Dave

It was certainly moved to an almost closed position from a fully open one halfway thru the meeting one year. I can't remember when...

And at practise, they have it open, then shut, then open....all sorts of buggering about happens, but usually i'm too ahem...tipsy to notice the reasons for it

It was certainly moved to an almost closed position from a fully open one halfway thru the meeting one year. I can't remember when...

And at practise, they have it open, then shut, then open....all sorts of buggering about happens, but usually i'm too ahem...tipsy to notice the reasons for it

If anything like the last 2 gp,s watching the roof close may be more interesting. Lets hope for a track to pass on. :(

I believe that for "Health & Safety" reasons the roof is not allowed to be moved  (opened or closed) whilst the public are in the stadium, and so a decision on 'open' or 'closed' has to be made before 5:00 pm.

ATB

Dave

I have been in the stadium when they closed the roof while the crowd where in.

It was fully open when we had a rainstorm, so they closed it to fully closed, it took about twenty minutes to close, it was a great sight to see. This was for a playoff football match between Walsall/Reading.

That was in 2002, so they may have changed the rules now about health and safety now.

I hope it can be left open this year, help release the noise of the airhorns out abit :approve:

I realised the GP track staff only have 3 days to set up the track till Friday's practice best get their skates on.

Weather best be good, the rituals of Cardiff will be washed away. The Football match on the University grounds called off, no party-like dresses. I know a couple of people we go with are having a competition to see whose uniform costs the cheapest.