British Speedway Forum

Rickardsons Farewell

Well for that you have only one person to blame. Clive Fisher. It's his job to talk and interview riders, and if doesn't do it no one else will. Can't blame TRick for that.

Remember, there is never any tension at testimonials. No pressure about getting the points or whether our unbeaten run will end.

Wasn't having a go Steve or blaming anyone. Just saying it how I saw it. :neutral:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we continue to get venemous posts from you on anything to do with TRick. Shame you coudn't be bothered to come along and witness the event yourself so that you would have a first hand account.

As you have no interest in Trick it's quite remarkable that you are in this thread all the time slagging him off. I suggest if you have nothing better to say just don't post in this thread. You so obviously wanted the event to fail miserably. Shame for you it was a success! :rolleyes:

I think that's as accurate as your usual thoughts on Jason Crump, to be honest.

Last season I was unstinting in my praise for Tony Rickardsson - he deserved it, as he was outstanding. And, like yourself, I was looking forward to one last season of Tony Rickardsson on the shale; one last chance to see an epic struggle between Crump and TR for speedway supremacy.

In my view - and I'm sure I'm not alone - TR has let a lot of people down with his antics of this season. And, most of all, he's let himself down. He's got no chance, outside of your mind, of going down as the greatest rider of all time - he's sullied forever his reputation.

Any bets on tomorrows announcement being "I rode my last ever speedway race yesterday"?

Perhaps tomorrow's announcement is that he's going to split the meeting proceeds 50-50 between Ales Dryml and Luke Priest?

That might at least salvage him some respect from a disappointingly inauspicious end to his career.

If that's the case he's playing off the clubs against each other. Don't get too excited either club. He'll probably end up totally elsewhere. I never believe the hype until it's signed sealed and delivered. Too many people have ended up looking prats before. ;)

Flying Ryans post saved and to be used later when Klindts signing is annonced. :D

Interesting that Matt Ford said today on the centre green that Klindt wasn't going anywhjere but Poole, and the lad was standing close by!

The fact that Klindt and his father have been staying with Matt for the past week also adds flames to the fire of where he is going to end up.

Any bets on tomorrows announcement being "I rode my last ever speedway race yesterday"?

I asked an ex-rider (certainly not in TRicks league) why he gave up speedway when he did, he said he didn't get the arenelin rush or buzz that he did when he first started and he said if he didn't have that he would either end up hurting himself or someone else unintentional of course.

So he just stopped and never went to another meeting for about 20-25 years afterwards he has since been to Cardiff and really enjoyed it but has no intention of ever getting back on a bike not even to blow away the cobwebs.

Ha ha ha. Already done a deal with Peterborough for 2008 according to very close sources at the Showground.

Go on then Flyin Ryan, who told you that !!!

Another, I know something that you don't merchant.

Maybe those 'very close sources' at the Showground should keep quiet because they clearly can't trust you !!!

Flying Ryans post saved and to be used later when Klindts signing is annonced. :D

Interesting that Matt Ford said today on the centre green that Klindt wasn't going anywhjere but Poole, and the lad was standing close by!

The fact that Klindt and his father have been staying with Matt for the past week also adds flames to the fire of where he is going to end up.

Hmmmmmm you can never be sure who will sign who until it's on the dotted line with the t crossed and the i dotted :wink:

Hmmmmmm you can never be sure who will sign who until it's on the dotted line with the t crossed and the i dotted  :wink:

True enough Shazzy. But it would take a massive about turn from all sides for him to sign for another club.

So he's hardly going to say he's signing for someone else then is he?

As a neutral who was working today and came onto this thread to find out how well this meeting went it sounds to have been a bit of a disappointment to most people which is a great great shame.

1.If Tony was unwell which appears to have been the case since his accident why not cancel the meeting a couple of weeks ago and rearrange it when the fans could see him maybe next year on a free weekend-surely people would have understood with a refund for anyone who had bought tickets previously?

2.Say he was unwell and just cancel the whole thing if he was not available next season.

3.Say he would do a demonstration couple of races and that would be it in advance.

IF he felt he could not ride then just be honest about it upfront with the fans-

If he was really trying to get it all together for the fans in the build up but couldnt manage it then fair enough.

Steve,

I am honestly not sure you are being totally honest in your appraisal of todays meeting (well yesterdays now)-It would appear that you have really overhyped your views of this meeting from the start to hours after the finish and would be really nice to hear what you were really thinking about it deep down-Hype aside- although I guess you wont.

As for your comments about testimonials etc not getting people excited etc or whatever then I am sorry but you are very wrong mate-and if this had been a great farewell meeting you would have been shouting from the rooftops about how others should follow this as an example of how to run meetings.

Loads of riders have had great farewell meetings according to people over the years according to fans where real effort has been put in

You were pretty excited following Exeters farewell in October when there was massive effort put in and not just expecting people to turn up-Still have the video you shot on my desktop.-And that was what £13 ? I think and a fiver for the programme with Ivan Mauger riding the last 4 laps if I remember rightly- I think thats right but not 100%sure.

I have always liked Tony and never commented before as he was great with my son at the Jubilee meeting.

Something somewhere doesnt make sense with the options that may or not have been available.

Simply sounds a shame that it wasnt the grand finale that everyone that paid all that money for would have expected a couple of seasons ago or even months ago!!!-all sounds very very sad.

I aint sceptical in any way- :rolleyes:

Genuinely interested to see what is said later today.

Spoke as a neutral.

Edited by Nevs