British Speedway Forum

Rickardsons Farewell

Quelle surprise - Gollob has now withdrawn from the meeting. Daily Echo report he is sad not to make it because other things have come up.

Had a feeling this announcement was likely as soon as Poland went out last night. Shame - I was looking forward to seeing ride the Poole track again. He used to be awesome round there.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quelle surprise - Gollob has now withdrawn from the meeting. Daily Echo report he is sad not to make it because other things have come up.

Had a feeling this announcement was likely as soon as Poland went out last night. Shame - I was looking forward to seeing ride the Poole track again. He used to be awesome round there.

Maybe he has caught a Rickarrdson migraine.....

Great line up for Rickardssons farewell meeting .

Is he likely to be fit for this ?

After having to pull out of riding for his Country this week :unsure:

Now Gollob has pulled out will it still cost £17 to attend ?

Great line up for Rickardssons farewell meeting .

Is he likely to be fit for this ?

After having to pull out of riding for his Country this week  :unsure:

Now Gollob has pulled out will it still cost £17 to attend ?

I agree. Seems odd that Rickardsson is unfit for his Country, yet ok to ride in his farewell meeting the next day.

Ive heard a different version.

He asked NOT to be considered for the World Cup,but to give the opporunities to the younger riders.They tried to persuade him to ride in the Swedish Semi,but he still refused.

I dont know if thats the truth,but it has come from someone close to him.

Ive heard a different version.

He asked NOT to be considered for the World Cup,but to give the opporunities to the younger riders.They tried to persuade him to ride in the Swedish Semi,but he still refused.

I dont know if thats the truth,but it has come from someone close to him.

He would of replaced either Peter Karlsson or Mikael Max, one of which is older. I have respect for Rickardsson as he is a great rider but I think he should of retired last year, when he was on top.

Have you thought that he might think his form not good enough to risk representing his country?

Very surprised he wasnt at Reading tonight to give the young Swedish riders a bit of advice and support .

See even Mark Webber took the trouble to come to the U.K to give the Aussie team his support ..........

And I dont think he has a testimonial meeting in the U.K tomorrow :unsure:

I hope youve got a deep wallet/purse.

Not only £17 to get in,but the programme is £6,and A4 in size.

I think they are expecting a large crowd,as I believe that 6000 progs have been ordered!.At that price,there will be plenty left over!

Let's hope it doesn't rain ;)

Why is anyone surprised that 'Dick Turpin' wasn't at Reading last night??

He wouldn't give a toss, as ably demonstrated when Sweden won in 2003.

At least it was announced before the meeting. Last time he was due at Poole I seem to remember it was not announced until everyone had paid their money.

While I am no Rickardsson fan, good luck to him, he went up a bit in my estimation yesterday