British Speedway Forum

Rickardsons Farewell

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the riders give their services free for a testimonial meeting ?

and pigs fly and fairies (of the non-Coventry type) live at the bottom of my garden. MOST rider ride for nothing or expenses, some rider request a large-ish guarentee.

madame muck, 7 riders are confirmed already arent they? The Poole team? As it's Poole vs Tony's select.

Edited by SCB

I would suggest that rather seeing two select teams do battle at inflated prices (sounds like a crap meeting), that people divert themselves down the road to see what will be a keenly-contested Elite League match between Eastbourne & Oxford (which won't cost an arm and a leg to get in).

The EL match commences at Arlington commences at 3.30pm, so I'll see you all at Arlington!! :D

All the best

Rob

I would suggest that rather seeing two select teams do battle at inflated prices (sounds like a crap meeting), that people divert themselves down the road to see what will be a keenly-contested Elite League match between Eastbourne & Oxford (which won't cost an arm and a leg to get in).

The EL match commences at Arlington commences at 3.30pm, so I'll see you all at Arlington!! :D

All the best

Rob

Not sticking to the subject of Trick´s Farewell but I have one, or actually three, questions:

According to BSPA´s website, Ipswich are at Eastbourne on Monday the 24th but I guess Eastbourne won´t have two meetings in two day so I assume the Witches meeting is off? :unsure: Can any Eastbourne fan or official clarify this?

If that is the case, is Wolves vs Reading the only option on Monday the 24th?

I would suggest that rather seeing two select teams do battle at inflated prices (sounds like a crap meeting), that people divert themselves down the road to see what will be a keenly-contested Elite League match between Eastbourne & Oxford

Yeah right - last time Oxford visited Eastboure they were defeated by 28 points - please try to gain some creditability. :rolleyes:

Yeah right - last time Oxford visited Eastboure they were defeated by 28 points - please try to gain some creditability. :rolleyes:

And it was also Todd's first meeting back and Ales wasn't in the line-up. So I think it'll be much closer this time.

How you EVER got anything positive to say????? :blink::rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

How you EVER got anything positive to say?????  :blink:  :rolleyes:

Yeah when there are positives to talk about - but I am realistic and tell it how it is, not how I'm told to say it - and if I am honest there are very few positives to speak about at Oxford this season - in fact it is the most negative season I've ever witnessed.

Yeah when there are positives to talk about - but I am realistic and tell it how it is, not how I'm told to say it - and if I am honest there are very few positives to speak about at Oxford this season - in fact it is the most negative season I've ever witnessed.

Kevin,

Replace "realistic" with "pessimistic" and you'd be about right.

If you want me to tell it how it is, then here we go. Yes, it's a very tough start to the season, especially out on the track, yet some excellent racing at Oxford and the return of Todd Wiltshire (and what a return!) have kept my spirits up.

Also, the imcoming promoter Aaron Lanney has geniunely impressed me. He comes across as a honest, straight-talking guy, and moves such as the purchase of a scoreboard suggest that, at last, we might have a promoter who sticks around. I certainly hope so.

There you go, Kevin, all my own words, as is everything I post on here. Yes, it may be a touch optimistic, etc, but that's my way. But I can see the efforts being made to make Oxford Speedway thrive again and I sincerely hope that these efforts are successful.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I just had to double check that I was actually still reading the 'Rickardsson Farewell' thread and not another 'Oxford fans Bickering Amongst Themselves' topic. :blink: Give it a rest guys - we all know who is for Oxford and against them this year but it's spilling over into too many threads. :(

I just had to double check that I was actually still reading the 'Rickardsson Farewell' thread and not another 'Oxford fans Bickering Amongst Themselves' topic.  :blink:  Give it a rest guys - we all know who is for Oxford and against them this year but it's spilling over into too many threads.  :(

The Rickardsson meeting I am sure will be one hell of a night!!!

OK, so this will please SCB - not. :rolleyes:

The line-up for TRick's farewell has appeared in our local paper today. Its is:

Poole: Tony Rickardsson, Bjarne Pedersen, Antonio Lindback, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Craig boyce, Jonas Davidsson, Shaun tacey

Rest of the World: Tomasz Gollob, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Nikolai Klindt, Jason Doyle, Steve Johnston.

So there you have it. Discuss and no doubt, dissect. :P;)