British Speedway Forum

Prague GP

A,B, or C Discoll.

Thanks for the offer Discoll and Matty Wigs. Now what do I do, Gemini :?: Hang around with Matty Wigs and Co or meet up with Discoll and Shirley or even 21st Century Heathen. HELP :!: :) It's really nice that everyone is so friendly on this forum. :)

I'm just going for the two nights Matty. Will arrive in Prague before 10am on the Saturday and leave on the Monday night.

You'll have to introduce me to Matty, Gemini, maybe if I go to Brandon on Saturday.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to introduce me to Matty, Gemini, maybe if I go to Brandon on Saturday.
There's just one little problem with that Joanne - I haven't got a photo of him so I won't be able to recognise him. :-(

I will have to rely on him finding me I think. :?

Guest matty wigs

Ladies, ladies.......flattery will get you everywhere!!

I am coming along on Saturday, so I'll leave my seat near the start finish line at some stage (likely the interval) and have a wander round to the third bend to say hi...

You just make sure everyone is nice to me there now Gemini!!!

Joanne - now worries whichever decision you reach - the offer is there from my side - if worst comes to worst - maybe my gang can at least meet up with you and buy you a coffee (or something stronger) on the Saturday before the GP.

Last year I had the hotel driver drop us off and pick us up from the Marketa, so if you are still struggling to work the trams out - you are more than welcome to hop in with the three of us and travel there in style!

Hope to see you both on Saturday!

A,B, or C Discoll.

Thanks for the offer Discoll and Matty Wigs. Now what do I do, Gemini :?: Hang around with Matty Wigs and Co or meet up with Discoll and Shirley or even 21st Century Heathen. HELP :!: :) It's really nice that everyone is so friendly on this forum. :)

I'm just going for the two nights Matty. Will arrive in Prague before 10am on the Saturday and leave on the Monday night.

Who's Shirley, Joanne are you trying to get me into trouble. :?: ;-)

A,B, or C Discoll.

Who's Shirley, Joanne are you trying to get me into trouble. :?: ;-)

Sorry, Discoll, I'm terrible with names. It's Sandra. Looks like I'm having a bad week this week :-(

Matty, it was lovely to meet you last night. Would love to have a coffee/caffe latte/smoothie/czech beer with you and your family in Prague. We'll sort in out nearer the time. Looking forward to it already :)

Guest matty wigs

Great to meet with you too Joanne...

We're all really looking forward to it - and if it's anything like last year - it'll be fantastic!

As you say - we'll sort something out a little nearer the time - I'll make sure I have a wander round to the third bend a little more often now as it was good to see people like FD, Steve Turner etc too...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to totally reschedule my Prague timetable today (costing me lots of pennies :-( ). My hubby is taking part in the Nato Chess Championships in Copenhagen so I have to come back on the Sunday. But instead I'm flying out on the Thursday morning so I can see a bit of Prague :)

• 2 months later...

Reading this thread the other half and I really fancy going.

We's a bit late though................HELP!!

Does anyone have any experience of booking late for Prague? I can sort the flight, hopefully, as I expect this to be the most difficult, but what would be the situation with hotels. We can't be fussy about the price at this late stage so could we get a room in a 3 or 4* hotel in the city? What about seating in the stadium. Again we can't be fussy but would booking via the GP website be the safest option? There appear to be lots of seats left so either someone's not updating the site or we have a chance. Are there likely to be tickets for sale on the night?

I'm good at guessing so no guesses please, just genuine experiences.

book your tickets for the gp in advance, it is a very popular gp for the polish contingent and they will descend on prague en masse on the saturday afternoon, we arrived half an hour before tapes up and there were several of them that couldnt get in due to it being sold out. the seats are the most comfortable option, they e-mailed me an application form which was completed and faxed back to them for the credit card signature, this also had a list of hotels on it that they would book for you. We used this service about 4 to 5 weeks before the GP and got in no problems. We stayed at the diplomat hotel which was also one of the official hotels, another choice is the pyramida (not sure spelling :D ) the best course of action is to contact the track think its autoclub marketa and get your form in asap.

Hope this helps, we had a great time in prague 60p a pint, nice and sunny and a good gp, what more can a girl want :D:D

Hi Julie. It's nice to see you back posting on here again.

Hope you have a great time, but I'm sure you will being as you've done the sensible thing by leaving hubby and children at home. :lol:

Try and meet up with Joanne as she is on her own as well. She is even quite keen on the Bees and often comes over to Brandon from High Wycombe. :)

Damn! :-( I know the negative side to Gemini's is that they are changeable and two faced, but I really cannot keep up with Joanne.

I thought she was now a fully fledged Bees fan. She has even got the programme board and pen. :D

Don't worry Gemini I still like Coventry most of all. I've taken the Reading race jacket off and was going to put on a Monarchs one especially for Lioness but its too hot today and I haven't got one on at all now ;)

Mylor, try this site if you're still looking for a hotel www.athos.cz They've been very helpful with me. As for flights I've just looked at easyjet and theres still flights left. Looks like the Friday before and Sunday after are getting really expensive.

Julie, nice to have you back on the forum. If I'm at Brandon before Prague you'll have to come along and say 'hello'.

Reading this thread the other half and I really fancy going.

We's a bit late though................HELP!!

Does anyone have any experience of booking late for Prague? I can sort the flight, hopefully, as I expect this to be the most difficult, but what would be the situation with hotels. We can't be fussy about the price at this late stage so could we get a room in a 3 or 4* hotel in the city? What about seating in the stadium. Again we can't be fussy but would booking via the GP website be the safest option? There appear to be lots of seats left so either someone's not updating the site or we have a chance. Are there likely to be tickets for sale on the night?

I'm good at guessing so no guesses please, just genuine experiences.

Mylor, I am only a couple of weeks back from Czech Republic and a few of our party booked last minute to stay in hotels in Prague for a couple of nights. I'll find out the names for you but two of the guys were told they could only get a top of the range suite-it cost them £35 per night with free drink between 6-10! Everyone who booked late though was more than happy with the accomodation. One thing though-don't rely on the star system for hotels, on the whole there is very little difference!

Re the beer if you are getting charged 60p/pint move bars! In Ceske Budejovice it was 25p/pint but when we went into Prague itself it tended to be around 40p. Watch out for some of the bars which charge 'tourist' rates! Remember and try Budvar-the original bud brewed in Ceske

If I could afford to go back so soon I'd be there like a shot-Prague is a great place. With speedway-wow! Have a great time folks.