British Speedway Forum

Prague GP

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going too,that is Hubby,Scorpio,AndyD and me. We are going on the Travel Plus tour.Looking forward to September.

Just want to clarify that AndyD is gone....long live DutchBoy!! 8) :D

Well there isn't any point in me looking at flights anymore. The only reason I was going was to see Billy. :cry:

Like we talked about earlier....hopefully if your parents don't mind you can come with us to the czech gp, to be honest if you don't go I don't really want to go either. I may aswell save holiday to be able to see you instead! :?: :D

Well there isn't any point in me looking at flights anymore. The only reason I was going was to see Billy. :cry:

You'll probably enjoy it more with Billy not being there. You won't be concentrating on the one rider doing well. And lots of others are going from the forum so it should be a big forum get together plus the fact that you'll see some historic sights in the city (if you want).

Go for it Jo :)

to be honest if you don't go I don't really want to go either. I may aswell save holiday to be able to see you instead!  :?:  :D

Mmmmm...Is there a forum romance going on here that I have missed?

Sounds interesting and if I was Cilla Black I might be saving up for a hat now. :lol:

Mmmmm...Is there a forum romance going on here that I have missed?

Sounds interesting and if I was Cilla Black I might be saving up for a hat now.  :lol:

I was just gonna use the one I got for Pammie and Scorpio's do Gem as they seem to have called it off :cry:

Dunno what I'm to do with the bridesmaids dress tho.....

I'm not going to the GP in Prague but I will be there in mid-July on football business if anyone wants any specific hotels, bars etc checked out.

According to the CSA website, theyre only flying twice in september, on the 27th and the 28th.

Tried Easyjet, and they dont fly their, which I dont believe.

Monarch dont either and my best bet is BA Europe, but the prices are sky high at the moment, any alternatives?

Anyone thinking of making a weekend of it, getting time off work is a pain in the a###, however. Its worth the hastle, Prauge is a beautiful City to see, and I,ll make a holiday of it if I can get away with it.

According to the CSA website, theyre only flying twice in september, on the 27th and the 28th.

Monarch dont either and my best bet is BA Europe, but the prices are sky high at the moment, any alternatives?

Anyone thinking of making a weekend of it, getting time off work is a pain in the a###, however. Its worth the hastle, Prauge is a beautiful City to see, and I,ll make a holiday of it if I can get away with it.

Easyjet do fly there Acef. Because I'm flying with them. You're not spelling Prague wrong, are you :?: Just had a look at the Easyjet site and theres definately flights left(well from Stansted, there is).

Easyjet do fly there Acef. Because I'm flying with them. You're not spelling Prague wrong, are you :?: Just had a look at the Easyjet site and theres definately flights left(well from Stansted, there is).

Easyjet and BMIBaby fly from East Midlands Airport - I am flying BMI on Saturday morning - try there web sites.

Joanne, I was spelling Prague wrong, just a daft mistake. Things are coming along nicely now, should be booked up soon, going from Stansted I would imagine. I wouldnt mind Liverpool, its far more handy for me living in Manchester.

Transport may be a problem on arrival, not quite sure the distance from the airport to the stadium.

Things should even out with a bit of luck.

Cheers for the info.

Transport may be a problem on arrival, not quite sure the distance from the airport to the stadium.

There's transport from the airport into the centre of Prague, Acef.

If you are on the early morning flight (Sat) from Stansted, you'll be on the same flight as me. So we can both get lost (if you know what I mean) :)

Guest matty wigs

The airport is 15/20 minutes by cab from the city.

Go/EasyJet are the cheapest domestic carrier to take you - although Czecho Airlines do some good deals I think (provided you don't mind getting on a 45 yr old rustbucket - not for me I hasten to add!!!)

I would recommend the place to anyone. Last year I went to Sydney, Prague and Cardiff and for me Prague was the best of the lot (despite Greg winning Down Under!).

The atmosphere there is unbelievable and it's a gorgeous little track - high up in the hills with a great view of the city down below. Just watching the Poles with the fireworks/toilet rolls/80 foot banners is worth the admission alone.

The city itself is so beautiful. Food and drink are as cheap as chips and if you are a history/architectural buff it'll blow yr mind.

My advice? - don't think - just go for it - you'll go again - I promise you!

The airport is 15/20 minutes by cab from the city.

The atmosphere there is unbelievable and it's a gorgeous little track - high up in the hills with a great view of the city down below. Just watching the Poles with the fireworks/toilet rolls/80 foot banners is worth the admission alone.

The city itself is so beautiful. Food and drink are as cheap as chips and if you are a history/architectural buff it'll blow yr mind.

My advice? - don't think - just go for it - you'll go again - I promise you!

The track is out of the city but easy to get to. (follow the thousands of Poles). It's about half way between the city and the airport on the tram. I think it's a bit more than 15/20 mins to the city from the airport but that's no problem.

Agree about Prague. Went last year and it's beautiful. Wouldn't think twice about going again.

CSA do fly regularly to Prague, direct from Birmingham, but their website isn't up to date. Suggest you phone them and ask for the dates/times you want to fly. ;):P

That has to be the understatement of the century discoll, if a certain Tomasz Gollob is anything to go by. God knows how he gets on a bike and comes off in one peice.

I beleive all Poles are like that, hence the fantastic atmosphere. :roll: