British Speedway Forum

Prague GP

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have an excellent time at the GP discoll xx

Thanks shazzybird, I think I will enjoy this one. Do they get any rain in Prague at this time of year ?????????? :shock:

Besides, any help I can give my "Darling Harbour" buddies goes without saying.

Thanks buddy, When are we going to do that again, it was fun. :)

Thanks shazzybird, I think I will enjoy this one. Do they get any rain in Prague at this time of year ??????????  

You should be ok discoll....they had their full years quota 17th July, the night we spent at Prague airport cos of the rain :?

We're driving out to Prague again tomorrow night & I must say I can't wait! It looks like Prague will be invaded this weekend!

Is anyone else looking for a meeting to go to on Sunday? (don't say the GP!)

The Polish tracks close to the Czech border all seem to be away this weekend. The only meeting we can come up with is the Czech Pairs tournament at a place called Brezolupy - KO is 2.30 & we can't find a rider line up yet, so if anyone knows who'll be riding......?!!

We're driving out to Prague again tomorrow night & I must say I can't wait! It looks like Prague will be invaded this weekend!

Is anyone else looking for a meeting to go to on Sunday? (don't say the GP!)

The Polish tracks close to the Czech border all seem to be away this weekend. The only meeting we can come up with is the Czech Pairs tournament at a place called Brezolupy - KO is 2.30 & we can't find a rider line up yet, so if anyone knows who'll be riding......?!!

And does anyone know how to get there from Prague station?

Discoll, we were in Prague in August, & I'd say it's just as easy to get a taxi to yur hotel. When you come out of the airport there are big taxi's (u know the 9 seater type ones) called cedaz, and they are 360crowns per party. This is a set price and only worked out 3quid each for us, for a 1/2 hour journey, dropped us rite at the hotel, and gave us a running commentary about all the places we passed, and pointed out the nearest tram stops/major landmarks etc.

Take suncream wiv u!!!! It was unbearably hot when we were there. 38degrees at 5.30pm!!!

Getting around town use the trams. A word of advice...buy several tickets when you find them, as you validate them when you board the tram, and finding somewhere that sells them can be a nightmare, so get them while you can!!!

Have fun everyone who is going!!! Think of me when I'm stuck here at Berwick on Saturday! And watch your bags with your life. We lost all our money & 2 cred cards in wenceles square. The pick pockets are really high in number. Be extra careful on the trams too, were words of advice from the taxi driver. Wear your bags on your front!!!

Take suncream wiv u!!!! It was unbearably hot when we were there. 38degrees at 5.30pm!!!

Don't know about suncream. I've felt quite cold since I got here. Enjoying myself so far. Lovely place :)

Yo!! :D Glad you've arrived safely Joanne. No planes skidding on runways, no turbulence, high-jackers....

I'm only jealous 'cos I daren't fly. :-(

Enjoy your weekend. Hope it is a good GP.

Make sure you keep Pawprint zipped up in that bag at the stadium.

Glad you've arrived safely Joanne. No planes skidding on runways, no turbulence, high-jackers....

I'm only jealous 'cos I daren't fly. :-(

Enjoy your weekend. Hope it is a good GP.

Make sure you keep Pawprint zipped up in that bag at the stadium.

Thanks Gemini.

Just been up to the stadium to collect my ticket. Spoke to one of the lads who normally stands with the forum lot (to your right at Brandon). As for Pawprint she'll have to be really quiet as the sign at the stadium says 'no dogs' :-(

re no dogs.

The stadium also had a sign saying no guns! which was a tad concerning, and all those riot police for a few drunk poles, bizarre!

Hi to all those i met. first off appologies for any one i staggered into, tripped over, spilt beer over, slured drunkly at. especially the four ladies from coventry in the english bar, apparently i was "tired & emotional"

thanks to all in block B who sang happy birthday down the phone to my 6 year old daughter and the eastbourne eagles with who we tried desperatly to work out an english chant, but failled.

and to all those coming back on the delayed flight back to east midlands, it was me who had to sit next to the stag at the back of the plane joy

Good result on Saturday keeping the standings very close.

Had a great weekend. Nice to meet forum members Discoll and other half, Cheetahhawk and hubby, Ballanger, HOTSHOT and girlfriend, Steve Jones, and Full Throttle with Dawn. Especially nice to meet Julie and parents after 2 failed attempts in Wenceslas Square and 1 failed attempt at Brandon. Good sighting of Julie and parents on the TV.

Lovely city Prague is. Definately will be going back next year. Could have done with a bit of company on my non speedway days but I managed OK. Had some fun with FT, Steve Jones and Dawn on the way back from the speedway. Don't worry FT, I won't tell anyone what you got up to . Hope you all got back OK after our forum meeting in the the Old Town Square and thanks for making the day even more enjoyable for me

Glad you are back safely Joanne, Prague always sounds lovely when I hear about it, I will have to get my finger out next year.

Sounds like an Australia reunion what with Discoll, Ballinger and Hotshot :D Hello to you all xx

(I met someone called FT on Saturday as well, but I think the forum FT had a more enjoyable weekend :roll: )

Hi Tigerblade, you should have been there !! We've just got back had a great time and met loads of people from Cov, Eastie & Wimble. met up with born 2b mad he had the right idea travel light, the baggage carosell broke down at Heathrow, nice wait for them to fix it. good to meet up with Joanne. Julie and Ballanger again. It was nice to meet up with my mate Deano again I hope he did ok tonight. I saw Arlington all lit up as we circled around London and the south east waiting to land. Oh yeah the G.P. was good as well proper track and good grading. Some interesting music joices as well anyone know the heavy metal tracks that were played. I'm just thinking ahead to Cardiff next year. I enjoyed the racing at this g.p. it was a shame Mark Scotty and Rico didn't get further but I am not going to knock anyone, it was a good meeting, and Prague is a great place to visit.

Thanks Tigerblade. I think you would love Prague. Good sightseeing, great speedway track and cheap beer (maybe too cheap :shock::D ) The transport system is very good also :) Hope to see a few other forum members there next year. :)

Guest SwayChick03

Got back from Prague a day late coz Mum wasnt well! She was taken ill at the airport! Was a good match! We were in the middle of all the Poles,:-D! Was in a hotel with some Eastbourne and Reading fans!