British Speedway Forum

Rickardsson - How Does He Get A Farewell Meeting?

Get a life Rob Peahead. Your constant snipes at the greatest rider ever are pathetic and the reason why Oxford fans are not getting any sympathy.

Tony will go down as the greatest Rob and that gets under your skin.

Maybe the best in our current era, but certainly not the best ever!

and I have to say a little too big for his boots with some of his demands.

I for one would not pay to go to a TR farewell meeting.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes not one iota what certain OXO fans and a few other TRick haters ( the usual cronies) think. Poole will be busting at the seams for TRicks farewell, the last chance to see the sports greatest ever rider in the UK.

With the WTC final the previous night, there will be hundreds of foriegners over who will be making a B line for Wimborne Road for this event. Add the Poole fans in and we haven't got any more room for anyone else anyway!!

TRick is a hero to 99% of Poole fans and nothng Rob P and a few others on here will change that. Sorry but thats the truth and TRick will get a fantastic sendoff from the thousands crammed into Poole Speedway to say bye.

Trick has been granted a farewell meeting - and i'm sure it will be packed.

I won't bother going, even though I respect him as a rider and admit he has been superb over the years.

I still don't get the stance from a certain number of Oxford fans towards him, but when you are World Champion it goes with the territory I guess.

Looks like the chips & sour grapes must be on long term special offer at Tesco's in Cowley!

Unfortunately I won't be in the country for TRicks farewell meeting, but if I was I'd be more than happy to part with some of my hard earned cash one last time to attend the meeting. I think over the years I've had more than my money's worth of on track entertainment & excitement out of TRick.

After the let down of seeing one of the all time greats finish his BL career in a team resembaling an average PL side, I hope his individual career finishes with a bang and world title no.7.

I don't see why there should be any conditions set on a Farewell anyway. To be honest, even if Jonas Raun decided to have a farewell meeting then why shouldn't he? Surely it should be up to individual riders and promoters.

Precisely.

If you want to go to TRicks farewell go, if you don't, don't.

Simple really.

Any news on the format yet? Is it still Poole vs the TR select with inveral attraction of a chat from the guy who scored the most points for Poole back in 1956?

Or is it actually going to be the TR farewell with a select group of the world greatest riders and entertainers each battling it out on track in honour of the great man while the old Poole guys are the interval attraction at a POOLE MEETING!

If ther right riders are there and I don't have to sit and listen to so old guys mumbling on about how great it was to ride for Poole (when I'm there to see TR, not hear about Poole) I'll be there, even if he did "take the piss out of Oxford and British speedway", as we're being told by the Oxford fans!

Well, he's not too popular with some of the Ippo fans I've spoken to, so maybe that's why!!! And the Lynn fans don't seem to like him either - seems Mr. Rickardsson is only loved at Poole, where the fans have turned a blind eye to his selfish, individual ways.

All the best

Rob Peasley

Edited by lucifer sam

Evil indeed is the man with not one woman to mourn him.

Anyway, if Poole want to stage TR a farewell meeting and TR wants to have one and riders are willing to ride in it, who are we to quibble?

Now, usually, I'm all for a bit of quibbling. The more quibbling the merrier. But, on this occasion, I don't really care.

Edited by Subedei

............ and to think my mother used to try and teach me if I couldn't say something nice about someone then best to say nothing at all.  :sad:

Are you trying to close 90% of this forum down? :D

Well, he's not too popular with some of the Ippo fans I've spoken to, so maybe that's why!!!  And the Lynn fans don't seem to like him either - seems Mr. Rickardsson is only loved at Poole, where the fans have turned a blind eye to his selfish, individual ways.

All the best

Rob Peasley

You write more rubbish than anyone I have ever seen on here. Remind me of where Tony stands in the EL averages for his time at Oxford.

As for his supposed selfish ways with your team. Maybe if certain members of your team didn't think that 'they knew it all' they would have got more benefit of his time with the team.

Strange that now Todd has arrived, there is no problem with the riders, who according to BWitcher, know it all.

How odd that they let Todd help them but not Tony. Maybe because Tony never offered to help them and doesn't give a rat's a**e about anyone but himself, maybe??

All the best

Rob

Get a life Rob Peahead. Your constant snipes at the greatest rider ever are pathetic and the reason why Oxford fans are not getting any sympathy. Some of the rubbish they have been spouting about Trick has been laughable.

If you want to blame someone for your pathetic start to the season then look at a certain rider in your team at the moment.

Tony will go down as the greatest Rob and that gets under your skin. Get over it. His time at Oxford will be an irrelevance to all but a few like you when looking back on his career.

I guessed before I read your post that you'd go against the grain on this one Chris ;)

Strange that now Todd has arrived, there is no problem with the riders, who according to BWitcher, know it all.

How odd that they let Todd help them but not Tony.  Maybe because Tony never offered to help them and doesn't give a rat's a**e about anyone but himself, maybe??

All the best

Rob

Is Todd the captain of your team? If so, that is his job.

Remind me, was Tony captain? No I don't think so, so all your blubber about it being 'what was expected' is obviously not correct.

Guest schumifan
Is Todd the captain of your team? If so, that is his job.

Remind me, was Tony captain? No I don't think so, so all your blubber about it being 'what was expected' is obviously not correct.

No he's not - David is :rolleyes:

sorry Poole fans, Lucifer Sam is right only a selfish person would walk out on the supporters and sponsers after signing on for the season . remember he only rode for 6 weeks then pissed off . just think of the comments by some if it had jason or nicki, they would have been hung by now.

Surely if a promoter wants to give someone a 'farewell meeting' that is his decision and a qualifying period or whatever is not required.

There are many people who would like to attend TR's farewell and so be it.

Attendance at these meetings is not compulsary!!

I have no desire to attend myself & I agree that his treatment of British Speedway is shoddy, however the record book will show that TR won 6 (poss 7) world championships and has earned a modicum of respect for his efforts.

Colin :)