British Speedway Forum

Shopping list pre Gp Day

A sort of handy reminder of things we may all forget in the run up to the big day--If you think its stupid just put it up anyway as someone will have forgotten....

From my point of view the fact we will be there has somehow overtaken the fact that essential items are still required in the home on this special day so Ill start it off...

1. A 4 hour video tape so the wife/hubby/partner/kids left at home can actually record the meeting live so you can try and catch a glimpse of yourself or the forum banners--now be honest has that helped anyone who may have forgotten it--nothing worse than seeing the big screen at Cardiff and thinking B**ger forgot to get a video!!!!!!

2. A rather large note left in every place possible ie fridge ,back of toilet door(thats always a good reminder place) saying "TAPE SPEEDWAY 6PM"

3.a note on the telly saying "you cant watch sky on any other channel while the speedway is on"

4.Box of chocs so they dont feel totally neglected whilst watching terestrial tv.

5.LOTTERY--DONT FORGET TO DO IT TOMORROW OR FRIDAY IF ATTENDING.........You may just forget and no matter how sweet it will be for your favourite rider winning just imagine if you missed your millions because of it...(that bleedin Nicholls etc cost me £15 million type of thing)

Well thats my lot for now --any more tips??????

don't forget...after buying all that..that you leave yourself enough change to get into Wales on that bloody bridge!!!

and remember ..they only charge you to get in...thats why there are so many sheep this side of the bridge!!!!!!!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

A sort of handy reminder of things we may all forget in the run up to the big day--If you think its stupid just put it up anyway as someone will have forgotten....

From my point of view the fact we will be there has somehow overtaken the fact that essential items are still required in the home on this special day so Ill start it off...

1. A 4 hour video tape so the wife/hubby/partner/kids left at home can actually record the meeting live so you can try and catch a glimpse of yourself or the forum banners--now be honest has that helped anyone who may have forgotten it--nothing worse than seeing the big screen at Cardiff and thinking B**ger forgot to get a video!!!!!!

2. A rather large note left in every place possible ie fridge ,back of toilet door(thats always a good reminder place) saying "TAPE SPEEDWAY 6PM"

3.a note on the telly saying "you cant watch sky on any other channel while the speedway is on"

4.Box of chocs so they dont feel totally neglected whilst watching terestrial tv.

5.LOTTERY--DONT FORGET TO DO IT TOMORROW OR FRIDAY IF ATTENDING.........You may just forget and no matter how sweet it will be for your favourite rider winning just imagine if you missed your millions because of it...(that bleedin Nicholls etc cost me £15 million type of thing)

Well thats my lot for now --any more tips??????

1. Get Sky+. Recorded on the hard drive, no need for a tape.

2. Get Sky+. One press of record button and it's set automatically.

3. Get Sky+. You can watch other sky channels while recording...you can even watch other recordings on the hard disk while recording!

4. Get Sky+. No need for treats cos they don't need any ;)

5. Got to agree

1. Ticket ............ Check

2. Money ........... Check

3. Ciggies .......... Check (sorry all non smokers! will be double ratty if I

forget them)

4. Hat/fleece....... Check

5. Airhorns ......... Check

6. Whistle ........... Check (For when the gas runs out!)

All ready let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn 2 more days yet :cry:

Thanks to this thread, I've now got the tickets and sunglasses at the ready !

Hold on, if I'm taking sunglasses, better stick a brolly in the boot of the car also :-(

Thanks to this thread, I've now got the tickets and sunglasses at the ready !

Hold on, if I'm taking sunglasses, better stick a brolly in the boot of the car also :-(

:lol: Yeah, more fashionable than a sun hat!

Keep the faith. Remember the sun shines on the righteous. ;):P