British Speedway Forum

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

Well I had a business trip up t Nottingham today and driving up the M5 I was wondering where all this snow was. Arriving at Nottingham at 1 pm I ythought I would get the business out of the way and pop up to Sheffield for the meeting. The roads were dry, I hadn't seen a single snow flake and had my wooly hat with me as it was so cold.

However just before leaving nottingham I phoned a mate who told me the meeting was off. To say I was suprised was an understatement. However lookig at those pics taken it seems the band of snow was just up the road. Glad I didn't go up there withought checking.

Obviously I can't go next week as I am not in the area, though I hope the crowds come along to support this meeting.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't have made it last Sunday either but will be able to go now. Was caught in two minds on Sunday morning when I woke up to the snow - didn't want it called off as Sean has been such a good servant of Sheffield for years but had a sly smile now I can make it! Having seen what the rest of the day was like it was 100% the right decision, they could never have raced. Really hope the weather is good on Sunday now and it looks like a cracking meeting.

A lift down wouldn't go amiss so I could get some beers down - you know who you are!!!

Great news that the line up could be even stronger with Billy Hamill and Leigh Adams being available.

Jason Crump, Scott Nicholls, Steve Johnston, Joe Screen, Gary Havelock, Dave Norris, Andre Compton, Simon Stead and Nicki Pedersen have all already been confirmed, and I can also confirm that Ryan Sullivan has managed to change his schedule to be able to ride on Sunday.

I’m also delighted to announce that both Billy Hamill and Leigh Adams have become available and have both confirmed that they will ride.  Both of these guys were really disappointed that they couldn’t be there yesterday, and they were only too pleased to make themselves available for the re-staging.

PS. Shoddy, Will try and sort lift out for you.

The Sussex press are saying that Eastbourne will withdraw Lewis Bridger from the restaging of Sean's meeting.

Otherwise the 16 year old would be riding 4 meetings in 4 days between Friday and Monday - his first weekend riding at above Conference League standard.

Nicki P and Floppy are expected to be there, though.

New lineup:

1. Sean Wilson

2. Chris Harris

3. Ryan Sullivan

4. Leigh Adams

5. Simon Stead

6. Andre Compton

7. David Norris

8. Nicki Pedersen

9. Gary Havelock

10. Sebastian Ulamek

11. Billy Hamill

12. Joe Screen

13. Steve Johnston

14. Jason Crump

15. Fredrik Lindgren

16. Scott Nicholls

Reserves

17. Ben Wilson

18. Kyle Legault

B)

Have to say it - it's a HELL of a good line-up!

Now that is a helluva line-up  B) ...well done Sean !

(I had to make so many changes to arrange coming up last Sunday...don't think I'm going to be able to do the same again...but I haven't given up on the idea yet.)

So it is nothing to do with Shoddy now being able to go and your turn to buy the drinks.? :P

Would love to have gone to this one but I have the Diamonds versus Worky at Brough after the TOON versus Liverpool. :D

Best of luck Sean, hope all goes well this time. :)

:blink::blink:

I'm no fan of Seans (I do apreciate what he has done for the sport, mainly the PL in recent years) but if I thought I could find someone to go to this with me I would. But driving from Newport to Sheffield and back again on my own is a little too far!

That line up deserves a massive crowd.

Not watched Sean all that much with having work on a thursday and Scunny on a sunday to arrange but when I have seen him I have always admired his riding and talking to him he is a wonderful guy with a great personality. I wouldn't miss this meeting for the world! Best of luck to Sean in all he does!