British Speedway Forum

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Krissie leave you vests on a bit longer girl.  :D  or Don't cast a clout until May goes out. lol

Gutted for Sean but we will try and make it next week.

cya then jim...take care all and hopefully see most of you at the restaging :)

ps just given rabbit the news she'd got as far as oxford :(

right gonna go make myself garlic chicken kievs, chips and peas for my dinner :approve:

like evrybody else has said, im gutted for sean, but i'll be there next week instead, i hope the line up is as good.

i've also managed to talk my nephew into coming along, which is no mean feat seeing as he hates all sport with a passion, especially motorsports, but im hoping to get him hooked :D

now im off to have a snow ball fight with him

Sorry to rub it in Orion but they had actually only got a s far as the Cowley exit - she hadnt quite made it to Oxford itself, although it is easier to use the closest City when explaining to these Northern folk!!!!  :D

Sorry Krissie!!! xxxxx :oops:

OI! I agree f4e it is easier to go by the nearest city/town/well known village etc especially when texting as you are usually limited to how many words/letters you are allowed in one text message.

I dont know about rabbit but I'm not made of money or unlimited texts....lol :angry:

I'll go and get back in bed :P

Got back about half an hour ago - from a nice scenic tour of Hampshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. ;) A big, big thank you to both Krissie for the text and then F4E for the phone call - it was much appreciated. :) The only bit of Oxford I know is Cowley so they're one and the same to me - if you get there, you're in Oxford! Between the 4 of us in the car it sounded like a call centre with all the calls and texts coming in and going out. What did we ever do in the days before the internet and mobiles? :rolleyes:

As for you Orion...just you wait matey! Think that makes us 1-1. ;):P

Thanks to one and all for texts and phone calls.

Like Rabbit said,it was manic in the car for a few moments with texts and calls in all directions.

Whatever Ian Thomas may think about this forum,it works for the people who want it....US THE SUPPORTERS.

Once again,thanks for everyones help in saving our time and money.

See you all again next week!!!

Between the 4 of us in the car it sounded like a call centre with all the calls and texts coming in and going out. What did we ever do in the days before the internet and mobiles?  :rolleyes:

stop at ever service station or telephone box seen and ring the hotline. Thinking back, it would have been cheaper to just drive all the way there and find out it's off than ring the hotline!

News:

12/03/06

Bloody weather!

I’ve been at the stadium since 10:00 this morning, and I can’t quite believe how everything changed so quickly.  Heavy snow has ruined everything, and I didn’t want to put on a sub-standard show on a difficult track. I’m absolutely gutted that we couldn’t go ahead today but with the weather forecast saying that the snow would continue, I wasn’t going to put the rider’s safety at risk.

The good news is that I’ve already arranged the re-staging date – Sunday March 19 at 5:00 pm.  So next Sunday, same time, same place. 

Jason Crump, Scott Nicholls, Steve Johnston, Joe Screen, Lewis Bridger, Gary Havelock, Dave Norris, Andre Compton, Simon Stead, Nicki Pedersen and Magnus Karlsson have all been confirmed for next Sunday, the only rider who is unable to ride from the field is James Wright who will be riding for his club.  I’ll be on the telephone to Billy Hamill on Monday to see if he’ll be available to ride because I know how gutted he was to be unable to be there today.  You never know – something good comes out of something bad.

I’d really like to apologise to all the fans who were travelling from far and wide today to be at my 20 year celebration meeting, but we’re not going to give up, and next Sunday everything will be the same – the back straight will be open, the DVD will still be there and the line up will still be as strong, if not stronger.

I’m a little bit bewildered at the moment, but I’ll battle through and will have the rest of the field by tomorrow night.

Must go now, got a lot to do!

Sean

http://www.seanwilsonracing.co.uk/news.html