British Speedway Forum

Nominations

Guest Shale Eater

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha normal answer you would expect,  GB lost the meeting they dont need help to lose they can do it on there own. are well theres always next year wonder what the excuse will be in 06.

Next years reason .........

The sponsors of the 2 minute clock are anti Britain . ;)

• 2 weeks later...

HANS ANDERSEN

At the Banks's Olympique at Monmore Green last week, I spoke to Hans in the interval about 2006, he kept pretty quiet about his team plans, only stating he lives next to East of England Showground with a wry smile.

When talking about the GP's he said that he hasnt heard a word about next season but obviously wants to ride in the competition, but if he is out, then he will just have to accept it and try and get back in 2007.

However, if he is left out, it appears that he will be requiring a written explanation from the FIM as to his none selection being a former GP winner and as a rider finished lower than him in 2005 has been reinstated.

It appears that Hans will accept any descision and admits that its just hard luck if he is left out, but would just like some communication as to why he has been left out and why others were given nominations.

He could of cousre be given a nomination and I for one hope he does as he is a young, hard rider who can add more to the series than certain others being talked about.

ANDERSEN

HOLTA

KARLSSON

if form is anything to go on.

I think it will be

Hans Andersen (because KB is injured)

Janus Kolodziej (Polish Champ / Golden Helmet winner, Kasprzak i don't think)

and then:

Matej Zagar Slowenian rider, GP at Krsko impressed at Krsko in this years GP

I think it will be

and then:

While Kolodziej is undoubtedly a very talented rider I don't think he is quite ready for the GPs just yet. He won the Polish Championship on his home track (the meeting was dominated by Tarnow riders) and this year's Golden Helmet had a lower quality line up than usual (I accept of course that you can only beat the riders who turn up!). 2006 will be Kolodziej's first year as a senior rider and I would like to see how he gets on at that level before adding the pressure of riding full time in the GP. As qualifying for the GP looks likely to be reinstated I would rate his chances of success via that route quite highly.

To my mind Zagar has not proven his credentials at the highest level yet but I agree that it seems likely that he will get a place.

I think it will be

and then:

Kenneth might be injured for this very moment, but he is planning to be back on the bikes for the national training trip next February.

Had Kenneth not got injured, I think he would have been nominated as one of the first "extra riders". (Might be a litle biased here) :rolleyes:

October 23 2005

Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix

2006 qualified riders

The FIM Speedway Grand Prix Commission and BSI are publishing below the list of the automatically qualified riders for the 2006 Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix, as well the permanent wild-card riders.

1 Tony RICKARDSSON (SWE)

2 Jason CRUMP (AUS)

3 Leigh ADAMS (AUS)

4 Nicki PEDERSEN (DEN)

5 Greg HANCOCK (USA)

6 Bjarne PEDERSEN (DEN)

7 Tomasz GOLLOB (POL)

8 Andreas JONSSON (SWE)

The riders awarded a 2006 permanent wild card place are:

· Jaroslaw Hampel (POL)

· Antonio Lindbäck (SWE)

· Scott Nicholls (GBR)

· Lee Richardson (GBR)

· Niels-Kristian Iversen (DEN)

· Piotr Protasiewicz (POL)

· Matej Zagar (SLO) :D:D:D

October 23 2005

2006 qualified riders

The FIM Speedway Grand Prix Commission and BSI are publishing below the list of the automatically qualified riders for the 2006 Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix, as well the permanent wild-card riders.

1 Tony RICKARDSSON (SWE)

2 Jason CRUMP (AUS)

3 Leigh ADAMS (AUS)

4 Nicki PEDERSEN (DEN)

5 Greg HANCOCK (USA)

6 Bjarne PEDERSEN (DEN)

7 Tomasz GOLLOB (POL)

8 Andreas JONSSON (SWE)

·      Jaroslaw Hampel (POL)

·      Antonio Lindbäck (SWE)

·      Scott Nicholls (GBR)

·      Lee Richardson (GBR)

·      Niels-Kristian Iversen (DEN)

·      Piotr Protasiewicz (POL)

·      Matej Zagar (SLO)  :D  :D  :D

Is this an official news, taken from FIM (http://www.fim.ch/en/default.asp) ? Because there isn't any other source verifying this, even official SGP page.

Edited by Champion

October 23 2005

2006 qualified riders

1 Tony RICKARDSSON (SWE)

2 Jason CRUMP (AUS)

3 Leigh ADAMS (AUS)

4 Nicki PEDERSEN (DEN)

5 Greg HANCOCK (USA)

6 Bjarne PEDERSEN (DEN)

7 Tomasz GOLLOB (POL)

8 Andreas JONSSON (SWE)

·      Jaroslaw Hampel (POL)

·      Antonio Lindbäck (SWE)

·      Scott Nicholls (GBR)

·      Lee Richardson (GBR)

·      Niels-Kristian Iversen (DEN)

·      Piotr Protasiewicz (POL)

·      Matej Zagar (SLO)  :D  :D  :D

If that is the line-up apart from Zagar this year's line-up will be fiercely contested, by the way Tomazpozrl is normally correct on these things and the meeting is this week.

Well, of those permanent wildcards (if they're accurate), only Hampel stands any chance of getting into the top 8 next time around.

Edit:

http://www.zuzelend.com/php.php?akcja=czyt...97f36b6f32e7f0d

Once again it shows that Ole Olsen is the guy picking the riders. Zagar must be in it because of Krsko, it can`t be his performances in the GP`s because Andersen has a better record than him. Protasiewicz has powerful sponsors so he has probably paid for a spot (just what BSI f**kers want), and Iversen is in because little Denmark always crave to have as many riders as Sweden and Poland. AND IT IS ALWAYS THAT OLSEN, which shows that the Grand Prix has fallen in value as the best riders in the world are not riding in it.

I wish Ole Olsen could go and start doing something other that speedway like his son Jacob wisely did. We don`t need Ole Olsen in speedway anymore.

IF (!!??!!) this is true then I'm really angry now.

Please understand, I'm not a particular fan of Hans Andersen, but there is absolutely no way he should be excluded from the 2006 GP series when Lee Richardson has been included.

Andersen had an average return of 7.11 per round in 2005 compared to Richardson's 6.11. There is no doubt that Andersen had a poor campaign this year, but for a rider who finished lower than him to be included & for him to be excluded just makes a mockery of what is supposed to be the best of our sport.

The sooner we have a straight & honest qualification system the better.

I just hope that this info is not 100% accurate, but I suspect it is, otherwise Andersen's name would have already been announced.

:mad::angry:

Edited by Jools

However, if he is left out, it appears that he [Andersen] will be requiring a written explanation from the FIM as to his none selection being a former GP winner and as a rider finished lower than him in 2005 has been reinstated.

Should be an interesting communication. But my guess is that he won't be getting one. There is no justifiable explanation.

Edited by Subedei