British Speedway Forum

Nominations

Guest Shale Eater

But the chance is now there for the European Championship to make strides and move into a position to challenge the GPs.

Does anyone have any info on the relations between FIM and UEM. Because I remember reading the UEM rulebook, and in many cases it stated that you should look to the FIM book for further detail. If UEM runs under FIM's control, then I'd think that sort's that out.

I'm not 100% sure about these nominations, Hans for example. I cant put a finger on what has happened that justifys Puk and Zagar getting the nod over Hans? I hope he sue's the b¤#¤#d's! :D

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Sube - a while ago you were saying the the next batch should be the ones to get in because the riders from 8-16 had had their chance! I thought you would have been happy with these nominations.

FWIW, think Hans has been very hard done by. The GPs will be a poorer place without him next year if this is true. A rider capable of winning GPs although admittedly his form has dipped slightly this year. I'm still to be won over by Zagar - unproven in the top leagues and only showing up on tracks he is well used to. Look how poor he was at Lonigo. PUK is obviously a talent but again don't expect him to pull up any trees. Would have included Bjerre ahead of him to be honest. As for PePe's inclusion...well the Poles will be happy but it's hardly an inpsirational choice. With the other 2 youngsters in there Kasprzak will have every right to feel aggrieved not to get a place.

I'm well chuffed for Matej. :D (Does this mean he'll be a Racer again in 2006 under the wing of John Postlewhaite? :P )

I've had the pleasure of being able to watch Matej at Smallmead for two seasons. and know he's got the talent, ability and determination to do well. He'll give a good account of himself in the GP's next season.

The same can be said for PUK. Both these riders are the GP stars of the future and have to be introduced into the series now to aid their progression as some of the current top stars draw nearer to the end of their careers.

Not too sure about Pepe's inclusion - personally I'd have like to have another young rider introduced instead.

But Sube - a while ago you were saying the the next batch should be the ones to get in because the riders from 8-16 had had their chance! I thought you would have been happy with these nominations.

I waited until all the nominations were made before contacting BSI. Of their picks:

Nicholls has had too many chances and always failed.

Richardson is there because he's British and will do nothing.

Hampel is justified and should storm into the top 8.

Lindback showed promise and deserved another go, but I think he'd benefit from a year out.

Iversen is 2006's Chrzanowski.

Protasiewicz has had loads of chances and never done anything.

Zagar has much to prove, but after Krsko probably deserves a go.

Iversen is 2006's Chrzanowski.

I don't think he will be, I think Zagar will! I'm still not convinced by Zagar. I've only seen him ride twice but those two times he doesn't look grand prix quality. I saw him at the ASL Freight challenge trophy, he got 6 points (not grand prix quality to me) he also got beaten by riders like Dean Barker and Henning Bager (again not really grand prix quality to me). I also saw him at the PLRC at Sheffield where he scored 6 points (yet again not really grand prix quality to me) and lost to riders like Magnus Zetterstrom, Adrian Rymel, Craig Boyce and Shane Parker. I think in two years he could be a Grand Prix, he needs some Elite League experience first. I think he will do well in the Slovenian Grand Prix but thats it!

I'm not doubting that he's a good speedway rider but he's not ready for the Grand Prix's yet!

If there was a qualifing system he wouldn't have got through!

You see, if I remember correctly, the thing about qualifiers is that there's always those riders who don't believe they need to lower themselves to qualifying. And as long as there's "permanent wild cards", there'll always be riders who don't see why they need to qualify when Uncle John at BSI will see them okay.

How do you know that?   Andy Smith got back into the GP's enough times through a qualifier!

I have two things to say to that:

1. What a surprise your a Reading fan!

2. He wasn't bad then was he (a three time british champion isn't going to be slow, is he)

Edited by Joester

The thing is, Chrzanowski came through the qualifying system.

Chrzanowski only got thro the qualifying system, because Hans had an engine failure in the final race. :(

How can Niels get the place over Hans or even Bjerre? :mad:

2. He's wasn't a bad was he (a three time british champion isn't going to be slow, is he)

He [smith] never made a final, did he? Zagar has.

Chrzanowski only got thro the qualifying system, because Hans had an engine failure in the final race.

Doesn't alter the fact that Chrzanowski came through the qualifiers. Not his problem that Andersen's engine gave up.

Edited by Subedei

So has Hans. Won a GP too if I'm not mistaken. Hasn't done him much good either has it? ;)

And that's the point Andersen's making. And that's why he's apparently going to seek clarification regarding his exclusion. And what a very good case he has. I doubt he'll get clarification. There is just no possible justification for the inclusion of Nicholls and Richardson at the expense of Andersen.

Doesn't alter the fact that Chrzanowski came through the qualifiers. Not his problem that Andersen's engine gave up.

Firstly, Zagar only got in a final, in his home GP, on a track that he rides week in week out!

If I remember correctly, if the qualifiers didnt have the final race, then it would have finished Hans, Lindback, Bjerre THEN Chrzanowski.

Krsko is Zagar's track!! He is the track record holder!! He probably knows the quickest way around there!! And at Lonigo he didn't get into the final then, if he did I would agree that he does deserve a GP place.

Firstly, Zagar only got in a final, in his home GP, on a track that he rides week in week out!

And Nicholls rides Eskilstuna week in and week out, but he didn't make the final. Jonsson rides at Bydgoszcz week in and week out, but he didn't make the final. Hampel rides at Wroclaw week in and week out, but he didn't make the final.

And Andy Smith used to ride week in and week out at Coventry, but he didn't make the final when the GP was staged there.

If I remember correctly, if the qualifiers didnt have the final race, then it would have finished Hans, Lindback, Bjerre THEN Chrzanowski.

Problem is, the qualifier did have a final race and Andersen didn't finish it. That's his problem, not Chrzanowski. If the Prague GP hadn't had semis and a final, Nicholls would've won it. But they did and he didn't. Not as if people turned up at the qualifier not knowing there'd be a final. You get to the final and take your chances. Chrzanowski did, Andersen didn't. Tough.

He is the track record holder!!

Last I heard, TR was the track record holder at Krsko. He certainly broke the track record in the GP earlier this season. Don't believe everything Millard says.

Edited by Subedei