British Speedway Forum

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

Grachan

GEOFF AMBROSE - whatever happened to him? He was one of the first riders who made an impression on me - even though he rode for Crayford Highwaymen!

DAVE DURHAM - rode at Middlesbrough between 1969 and 1975 and then was injured in a second half crash involving Newcastle's Robbie Blackadder and never appeared again.

DOUG UNDERWOOD - rode for Scunthorpe, Leicester, Teesside, Reading & Weymouth between 1972 and 1981 - once did an interview with him and he was full of stories about his speedway career.

GEOFF PUSEY - 10 years at Middlesbrough but also rode for Belle Vue, Stoke & Barrow.

ROGER WRIGHT - First rode for Rayleigh and Hackney and later for Teesside, Workington & Berwick.

What about Dene Davies Cleveland Bay. :):):)

• 4 weeks later...

Declan Eccles

Mark Rhodes

Sam Nicolajsen

Peo Gundmudsen ?

I remeber my brother telling me about a Alan Wilkinson/ John Davis incident at Hyde Raod were Davis knocked Wilkie off on the first bend. Davis then returned to the pit gate to await the rerun and Wilkie walked up to him pulled on his monkey mask and let it go... anyone know about that ?

Most of all a Martch report on Reading V Belle Vue BL match 1982 38-40.......league champions.... my first and last visit to Reading

• 5 months later...

Personally, I would like to see articles on Dennis Sigalos and John Cook - especially I would like to know the full background on why John left the club midseason and what he feels about costing us the 85 cup final as well his other more happier times with the Witches and Hull and either of the Hines brothers (Andy or Mick)

What about something on Alan Sage?

Or Tony Davey.... Ray Wilson is another I'd be

interested in reading about. We used to take the

mickey out of his Bostik sponsored leathers, but

he was a brilliant rider and servant to British Speedway.

Also be nice to have a series maybe, on the Golden

Helmet match race series, particularly the 70's and 80's

era, as that was my time and I used to love seeing those

races before the main meeting started.

What about something on Alan Sage?

Or Tony Davey.... Ray Wilson is another I'd be

interested in reading about. We used to take the

mickey out of his Bostik sponsored leathers, but

he was a brilliant rider and servant to British Speedway.

Also be nice to have a series maybe, on the Golden

Helmet match race series, particularly the 70's and 80's

era, as that was my time and I used to love seeing those

races before the main meeting started.

Some good thoughts there, tom, but Ray Wilson was featured prominently as our main man in Issue 18.

You can still obtain a back copy if you want to read all about World Cup Willie, including those garish (for the time) yellow Bostik leathers...

http://www.retro-speedway.com

What about Lance King we hear very little about him after speedway. Also the Morans, be nice to see something about the Jellyman and hopefully his recovery after his recent ongoing scare with ill health. Peter Ravn and Peter Carr would also be interesting, i believe the B52 is in the motor trade through a friend of a friend!!Anyway keep up the good work, i thought the Jan O piece was top!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I would like to see articles on Dennis Sigalos and John Cook - especially I would like to know the full background on why John left the club midseason and what he feels about costing us the 85 cup final as well his other more happier times with the Witches and Hull and either of the Hines brothers (Andy or Mick)

Also Tommy Knudsen, don't recall any interviews with him....

What about Lance King we hear very little about him after speedway. Also the Morans, be nice to see something about the Jellyman and hopefully his recovery after his recent ongoing scare with ill health. Peter Ravn and Peter Carr would also be interesting, i believe the B52 is in the motor trade through a friend of a friend!!Anyway keep up the good work, i thought the Jan O piece was top!!!!

Lance King is contactable but never answers polite emails! Ex pat speedway riders living in Perth say he will never answer as he thinks he is above every one else in the food chain! You are no doubt aware that all these riders are on Facebook, Lance I think lives in Arizona, both Morans are now contactable. Dennis Sigalos does answer emails as does Ron Preston, both could feature, and both are gentlemen!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...