British Speedway Forum

No he wasn't. But maybe he learned his lesson.

I think a large part in both (Crump last night and Nicholls last year) was as much frustration with themselves as anything else. Crump had to know that, harsh exclusions aside, he wasn't really on the pace last night. And he hasn't really been the whole season. I think he was angry with the referee and, deep down, angry with himself.

That post is “class personified.”

Second in the WORLD standing before and after Cardiff. Second best rider in the Elite league averages. I can think of over a hundred riders who would like to be “off the pace” like Crumpy is at present. Just to put you straight, Crump was angry with the ref, and deep down, angry with the ref.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please,you honestly think that Crumpie who needed to win the race to have any chance of progressing would go all out to nail Pedersen??....take another look and you will find he caught a rut which drove him across the track,the same rut a lot of the riders were using to gain extra drive during the meeting,but hey-ho I guess we can all read different things into different scenarios?

Sure Crumpie had a disappointing meeting and is playing catch up on Tony,but $hit happens in life and it's not the end of the world but I'm sure the guy will bounce back and still give his enormous amount of supporters a great deal to shout about between now and the end of the season.

yes I do - i'm sure Crumpy was wound up by events anyway but he usually has very good spacial awareness and has worked on his temper...I remember him 'cutting the corner' but I will be watching the tape very carefully for this 'rut'

Jason had a chance to qualify? I don't think so and he knew it....although if my thinking is anywhere near the truth i'm suprised that he was willing to risk a point or two (although he was going to come out of the second bend last if he had taken the corner properly) - out of all the riders on 'the good side' Jason has been the only one to take the mantle of occasionally putting Nicki in his place and I think his intention was to do this again

boss2 you need to get yourself to a few decent league matches if you thought that the racing was good - yes the atmosphere, spirit, noise, spectacle and on track incidents were at a high level but racing?

Second in the WORLD standing before and after Cardiff. Second best rider in the Elite league averages. I can think of over a hundred riders who would like to be “off the pace” like Crumpy is at present. Just to put you straight, Crump was angry with the ref, and deep down, angry with the ref.

Did the referee do something to allow Norris to pass Crump like he was standing still? Didn't think so. Crump was off the pace at Cardiff. Frankly he's been off the pace in most of the GPs. But his determination and will to win is keeping him afloat.

If he was only angry with the referee, then he is deluding himself.

Edited by Subedei

Did the referee do something to allow Norris to pass Crump like he was standing still? Didn't think so. Crump was off the pace at Cardiff. Frankly he's been off the pace in most of the GPs. But his determination and will to win is keeping him afloat.

If he was only angry with the referee, then he is deluding himself.

Average of two points a race in all the races that the ref wasn't involved. Bettered by only three other rides.

14 other GP riders would hope to achieve the same level of offthepaceness as Crumpy, I'd wager.

Seems theres a load of deluded soles such as Crumpy, if reading the various forums is anything to go by.

Come on. He was bang to rights in his last heat. Not even Clarence Darrow could have saved him on that one.

That said, I'm pleased that you were happy with Crump's pace on Saturday. I am pretty sure that he wasn't.

He would have gladly taken second place in each of his races, if allowed to finish, and would only be unhappy about being second in the final.

And you're wrong, anyway. Crump's a winner. Only interested in winning. He wouldn't "gladly" have accepted finishing 2nd in ANY heat he races in.

Edited by Subedei

What no-one has mentioned about Crumpy last night was after he totally wiped out Pedersen and Lindback he didnt even go over and see how poor Lindback was.

No excuses only takes a few seconds to wander over and see if the other rider is OK or not.

well:

1. Maybe he felt that Antonio had shown that he was just fine and dandy by running straight across him! :lol: I am sorry but every time I see that clip it makes me giggle!

2. Many riders do not go to check how the other riders are, the same as in league matches etc many riders do not run out to check on a team mate after a crash! It is a state of mind thing, and hopefully there will be a few riders on here that agree with this!

Oh please,you honestly think that Crumpie who needed to win the race to have any chance of progressing would go all out to nail Pedersen??....take another look and you will find he caught a rut which drove him across the track,the same rut a lot of the riders were using to gain extra drive during the meeting,but hey-ho I guess we can all read different things into different scenarios?

Sure Crumpie had a disappointing meeting and is playing catch up on Tony,but $hit happens in life and it's not the end of the world but I'm sure the guy will bounce back and still give his enormous amount of supporters a great deal to shout about between now and the end of the season.

you are of course right - now that ive had a chance to view the tape I can see that Crumpy clearly hit a rut and gained a massive bit of drive - very unlucky and summed up his night

I was also wrong about there not being much racing boss2 - I don't know what I was doing in Cardiff but I reckon my priority must have been the Guinness :oops::lol:

Come on. He was bang to rights in his last heat. Not even Clarence Darrow could have saved him on that one.

That said, I'm pleased that you were happy with Crump's pace on Saturday. I am pretty sure that he wasn't.

And you're wrong, anyway. Crump's a winner. Only interested in winning. He wouldn't "gladly" have accepted finishing 2nd in ANY heat he races in.

The problem with his last race wouldn’t have occurred if not for the first two dubious exclusions. If you’re only highlighting that race to suit you’re argument then it shows you really feel the same.

You’re seriously suggesting that if Crump had gathered together 10 points, then finished second in a semi final and was lining up at tapes in the final he wouldn’t be “glad”?

Crump has many times said in interviews how he is happy with his overall result, even when not winning a GP. You must have seen this?

you are of course right - now that ive had a chance to view the tape I can see that Crumpy clearly hit a rut and gained a massive bit of drive - very unlucky and summed up his night

I was also wrong about there not being much racing boss2 - I don't know what I was doing in Cardiff but I reckon my priority must have been the Guinness  :oops:  :lol:

Thanks Splatty was starting to think having no track and going to Wolves every week was affecting me! :wink:

Does anyone else think that when Nigel Pearson was praising Crump for "applauding the fans" he was actually taking the pee out of the ref for finally getting one right? :unsure:

The problem with his last race wouldn’t have occurred if not for the first two dubious exclusions. If you’re only highlighting that race to suit you’re argument then it shows you really feel the same.

You’re seriously suggesting that if Crump had gathered together 10 points, then finished second in a semi final and was lining up at tapes in the final he wouldn’t be “glad”?

Crump has many times said in interviews how he is happy with his overall result, even when not winning a GP. You must have seen this?

Balderdash.

Crump wasn't on the pace, end of story. He'd have been lucky to qualify for the semis even without the exclusions. Norris passed him like was standing still. If Crump only blames the referee for his failure on Saturday, then he deludes himself. And if he does that, then TR will walk all over him in the rest of the GPs this season. Because TR is setting the pace and Crump is not even close to that pace.

And I'm an admirer of Crump.

Edited by Subedei

Balderdash.

Crump wasn't on the pace, end of story. He'd have been lucky to qualify for the semis even without the exclusions. Norris passed him like was standing still. If Crump only blames the referee for his failure on Saturday, then he deludes himself. And if he does that, then TR will walk all over him in the rest of the GPs this season. Because TR is setting the pace and Crump is not even close to that pace.

And I'm an admirer of Crump.

Many reply and two question within it. You’ve not answered them. Thanks for that. Balderdash is good though, certainly moves thinks forward.

I’ll gladly agree to disagree with you and end the “debate” now.

Cheers

Ouch.

Okay, your questions and their answers:

Lucky would probably be a better word for what he would be feeling with 5 seconds in qualifying and a second in the semi.

Wasn't happy finishing second in the world 3 times, was he? No, he wanted to win. I think my point is made.

Crump is a profesional sports man and should behave acordingly. You dont see Shumacher, Alonso or Button take thier frustrations out on the itv cameras when things are not going their way? 

"

difference is that you dont get someone running into the garage to stick a camera under Schumakers nose as he get out of the car

Crump is the one who is the disgrace. He's supposed to be the World Champion, he's meant to represent the sport and instead he acts like a petulant little baby just because he was excluded. I saw a few riders have decisions against them, but they didn't cry or bully the sky crew, they actually gave an interview and acted like professionals. Jason Crump is a total disgrace and a black eye on the world of speedway with his childish fits.

Tatum was the Grasstrack World Champion and he did the same a few years ago when he had a coming together with Ollie Allen