British Speedway Forum

FT makes a very good point. With the playoffs and FA Cup final moving to Wembley from next year, I can see the date of the GP being moved to either the beginning or the end of the calendar when they can shut the roof and guarentee a meeting will take place.

The roof was shut for the Rugby yesterday and it felt strange, but if they can guarentee a meeting then why not move it to say beginning of April or end of September?

I'm getting worried now. :P I normally book the same hotel room for the next year when leaving after the G.P. I hope they don't suddenly change from the 2nd week in June to another date. :wink:

Keep it as it is. Who wants to be stood on the patio of Sams Bar in the rain and when it colder in September/October?

Talking about the weather, I see the forcast is good for the next 7 days, so we should have a nice weekend, AGAIN! :D

BSI won't think of fans standing in the rain outside Sams bar unfortunately. They'll only do whats best for them, and with the footy moving back to Wembley there must be a big chance that the dates of the british GP will be moved?

I doubt it and dont believe that Wembley has any plans for speedway.

BSI now has a better bargaining position now that the Millenium stadium has lost the play-offs and FA Final the stadium will need to be used regularly and without the football gives the BSI a great position.

Riders and fans like Cardiff why change ...

In my opinion Cardiff should become a weekend event. Whats the point of laying a track for one meeting when it could be used for three. We all moan about the Elite League riders championship being on a Elite track and the Premiere League riders Championship being on a Premiere track, so why why not use Cardiff for both while the track is down for the GP? We could have the Premiere League Riders Championsip on the Friday night, the GP on the Saturday and the Elite League Riders Championship on the Sunday. Surely this would be cost effective to all parties and would provide neutral venues.