British Speedway Forum

The most naturally gifted rider

Guest Lil Devil

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I've started to post three times on this topic but I have deleted each one.

Being a moderator can be very rewarding when you get to help people and you see a good outcome but I have to say the last few months haven't been fun. Moderators are forum members too and we like having fun just like everyone else.

Kevin, I have to say you have singled out the most blatant offender but the problem is not limited to just one person ..... often we get two people arguing and certain others joining in purely and simply to wind the first two up as they seem to enjoy watching people argue. I don't agree with the opinion that this is a bonus in making the forum lively and exciting, it can be a fun place without all of that.

The answer is in how the rest of us deal with the few people intent on causing trouble. Anyone with any ideas that will work please yell out !!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a new system should be brought in for the seasons, Teams of seven, with appropriate doublings up, down, left and rights. 3 points for a 3 pages plus flamers, 2 points for two pages or one point for a quality snide posting. At the end of each season the teams with the most points go into an end of season play-offs with the top four choosing their opposition; in order of final position. In the play-offs a golden double ruling can come into the equation with peoples points doubled for their achievements; just make sure you inform the moderators first.

At the end of the year there will be a vote to see who actually wins the league; because like British speedway, this format has no thought put in, no logic and was created by some drunken old painter.

N.B Workington and Coventry fans are excluded from voting due to their being so many of them!

So from the final positions the team who finish last get permanently banned from the forum for not being upto scratch on how to argue properly and all the other teams can sleep comfortably until the next season.

Sandman

CHK - You seem to be missing the point big time.

The mods do a great job - I've not got a problem with any of them whatsoever - The problem lies squarely in the lap of the person you seem to be trying to find excuses for!!!

Give up mate - there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour or posting - it's as simple as that!!!!

Im not trying to make excusses just find answers, I think I too have been guilty of a few innocent wind ups which in hindsite where unwise, thats me but we do seem to be going over the same ground. By keep raking it up is'nt helping matters! That said thats the last i,ll say on the matter :!:

Appart from let the mods do there job :approve:

Now can we all get back to some serious posting :!:

Shazzy just start another thread simple :?

Did think about this CHK but surely that would just waste more bandwidth when there is already a thread with 15 pages on it :?

JB I will look in here from time to time but seeing as you don't want to go maybe it's time I did for a week or so. Then maybe people can re-read threads and realise all I did was comment on the bad language and getting the Canterbury thread locked :evil:

. Workington and Coventry fans are excluded from voting due to their being so many of them!

Oy!! That's not fair. :P

Actually that posting was quite a masterpiece from J.J. and very funny, but then I probably have a warped sense of humour. Think you need it on here sometimes.

I agree with JB though - he shouldn't take all the blame. Admittedly he has posted things he shouldn't but others have been just as outspoken. (No names, no pack drill.) ;-)

Perhaps we should have a thread called the Sin Bin listing members with a Yellow (1st offence) or Red Card (2nd offence) so we all know who they are, rather than just the mods.

Calling someone an arrogant sod doesn't count though does it? :lol:

Shazzy just start another thread simple :?

Did think about this CHK but surely that would just waste more bandwidth when there is already a thread with 15 pages on it :?

not everyone wants reminding of the content that got the thread locked shazzy so better to start a new thread on the subject and hopefully it will stay a good thread instead of turning into an out and out battle of words.

Its worth a try.

I'm not taking sides, I don't want anybody banned and if I don't like the way a thread is progressing then I don't bother reading it any more. Simple as that. However everyone seems to have forgotten Lioness. I read Shazzys posting before it got deleted (Shazzy-this is nothing personal :) ) but as a mod, in my opinion, Lioness had no choice but to delete it.

I will whisper...... anyone out there?

my nan went round for tea - beat that Honey :P

erm..i can..i had tea with him when he was over at the start of last season. I was invited round to his sister in laws in Tooting for Tea with the great man, one afternoon!! wow..what amazing stories he can tell!!

Hey Shazzy, Whats up? I was the last posting, cant figure out what is going on? I am not JB. Also for the mods, respectifully I am not trying to stir the pot. :?

my nan went round for tea - beat that Honey :P

erm..i can..i had tea with him when he was over at the start of last season. I was invited round to his sister in laws in Tooting for Tea with the great man, one afternoon!! wow..what amazing stories he can tell!!

And what a great man he is. Always reminded me of one of the old time cool movie stars, he has tremendous stage presence. You my friend are a lucky man! 8)