British Speedway Forum

Rick Miller

Ross

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the promptings of some of the folk on here, a full four-page exclusive interview with Rick appears in the new issue 7 of Backtrack Magazine.

Apart from recalling his days with the Bees and memories of his British League days, Rick has also emailed us recent pics of himself working as a stuntman and one of him at home with his wife and two children.

Hiya Rick, I`m trying to get a copy of that magazine that you have done an interview for, are they sending you a copy out?

Bees have struggled so far this season but beat Poole last night so hope thats the start of things to come. Did you hear about Billy Hamill`s crash ? Poor guy, he`s such a great rider and i really wanted him back at the bees this season. one last thing before i go, who`d have thought that Hans Nielsen would have been a bees rider after all the battles we had with oxford, and also riding alongside Jacob Olsen after all past problems with Ole. Hope to hear from you soon

Ross

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice to see you're doing well Rick. I remember I was about 16y/o when you were riding in England and my girlfriend at the time never shut up about how fit you and Shawn Moran were. You I could understand but Shawn Moran? c-mon, lol. Anyway I dont still have the same girlfriend, she probably left for southern california. Good of you to chat to fans. Take care

Edited by dee

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you're doing well Rick. I remember I was about 16y/o when you were riding in England and my girlfriend at the time never shut up about how fit you and Shawn Moran were. You I could understand but Shawn Moran? c-mon, lol. Anyway I dont still have the same girlfriend, she probably left for southern california. Good of you to chat to fans. Take care

Thanks for the nice thought. I have had a good time talking to a few people that love speedway as well. As far as your ex, I never saw her over here, must have gone somewhere else.

Rick

Hey Rick,

speedway`s doing very well at the moment, the world cup is on at the moment and England did really well the other night beating the danes!! :-) to go through to the final in Poland next Saturday. Ole is still involved loads in the speedway gp`s and Jacob used to be team manager of denmark for a couple of seasons.

The Bees are doing realy well again at the moment winning loads of meetings, should make the playoff`s with a bit of luck and may be the Title for the 1st time since a certain Bees team did it in 1988 !!!

What you been upto then Rick? more stunts or soaking up the weather !!

hope you are doing ok and in the Coventry evening telegraph a couple of weeks ago it mentioned that Tommy was buying and selling property in Turkey of all places. he did have a sunbed company but sold up to do this new venture.

hope to hear from you soon

Ross

rosspriddy@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

I am very pleased to hear the Bee's have won the title. I love the idea of getting the old team together again. My old friend Rita, did text my wife something about this, but that is all I know. But anyway great accomplishment for the team, and congratulations to the Bee's greater community. I do hope to see my old friends over there soon.

Rick

Maybe there's a chance to see you back on track.John Jorgensen is trying to organize his 30 year testimonial for next year.And i hear that Egon Müller is trying to organize a series of meetings with the "oldies",though that might be longtrack.Not too sure on that :unsure: