British Speedway Forum

CZECH GP

Hey Bila Hora,

I've been to Czecho for the Golden Helmet weekend for the last 12 or 13 years, and I always stay at Bila Hora just by the 22/25 tram terminus, I think that your estimate to walk from Wenceslas square to marketa in 30 minutes is to say the least a little ambitous.

As I recall it takes the tram 20 minutes from just over Charles bridge to Bila Hora and its all up hill at that, so your 30 minutes as I say would be a very quick walk indeed.

Anyway its a cracking weekend, and anyone who has not been before don't know what there missing.

I was sorry to see the Czech Speedway info site was no longer available, and has been replaced as far as I can see with another site that is all written in Czech, and is not as explanatory as the last site as far as I can see.

There was supposed to be a meeting at Slany on the Tuesday after the Lubos Tomicek meeting, but someone said it has been cancelled, does anyone have any information about this?.

Hey Bila Hora,

I've been to Czecho for the Golden Helmet weekend for the last 12 or 13 years, and I always stay at Bila Hora just by the 22/25 tram terminus, I think that your estimate to walk from Wenceslas square to marketa in 30 minutes is to say the least a little ambitous.

As I recall it takes the tram 20 minutes from just over Charles bridge to Bila Hora and its all up hill at that, so your 30 minutes as I say would be a very quick walk indeed.

Anyway its a cracking weekend, and anyone who has not been before don't know what there missing.

I was sorry to see the Czech Speedway info site was no longer available, and has been replaced as far as I can see with another site that is all written in Czech, and is not as explanatory as the last site as far as I can see.

There was supposed to be a meeting at Slany on the Tuesday after the Lubos Tomicek meeting, but someone said it has been cancelled, does anyone have any information about this?.

Blackie, give the team behind the new site ("Speedway Aktualne") time to bed in...They are exactly the same team that were behind "Speedwayinfo" , and the new site will be as good as the "Speedwayinfo" give time

There wont be a "Biercup" meeting staged at Slany the dsay after the LT Memorial meeting...

The Current Czech Calendar for 2005 is available here :

http://www.speedway.aktualne.cz/view.php?c...anku=2004111202

Edited by jeffster

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone for the Cloisters Inn after alot of consideration. I know I am sometimes considered a mean Scot but over the last two years the prices in Prague for accommodation has risen sharply :shock: Worth it though as its a lovely city and other things are cheap :)

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

If you mention my name to Jiri (the manager) you might even get a discount.

Mr Blackie

You could be correct but I can walk from Mustek to Prague Castle in ten minutes and on the basis of that I calculated approximately thirty minutes to stadion U Markety.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

Well, mention my name anyway and when next I am there (which could well be for the grands prix) I might get a discount. I am going off the idea of Bydgoszcz this season, primarily because it coincides with a public holiday.

Regards

BilaHora

Ms Joanne

Well, mention my name anyway and when next I am there (which could well be for the grands prix) I might get a discount. I am going off the idea of Bydgoszcz this season, primarily because it coincides with a public holiday.

Regards

BilaHora

Plus it coincides with the Nato Chess Championships :angry:

-_-

Is that your name BilaHora because if I say that name he might think I'm mad or strange :rolleyes:

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

If you mention Bila Hora to him he will probably give you advice about how to get there. Bila Hora (White Mountain) is a place on the outskirts of Prague where, in 1620, a battle was fought between the Protestant Bohemians and the Catholic Habsburgs in the Thirty Years War.

My name is Andrew Farrar.

Regards

BilaHora

Guest cheetahhawk

A nice clean but rather basic hotel in Prague is the Hotel Marketa and is about a 20 minute walk from the stadium.There is also a very good pub /restaurant called Marketa Restaurace about two minutes walk from the hotel. I know this because the hotel is where me and hubby stayed at the end of November to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

The address for the hotel is Na Petynce 45,Praha 6

The phone number is +420 220 518 316-9

Another helpful website is www.europehotels.cz

I think Bilahora must be a very fast walker if he can walk the distance from St Wenceslas Square to the stadium in 30 minutes,were you running Bilahora ? :lol:

It took us about an hour from St Wenceslas Square to our hotel and the stadium is a little further on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, I've done it...............

I am going to Prague 7th to the 12th July.

I have booked through Czech Travel Ltd. of Braintree. They can arrange pretty much anything you want from whichever airport you like as a package, but the more advance notice the better. It also helps if you can be flexible with the dates, my ideal choice was Weds 6th to Mon 11th, but there was a better flight deal for the other dates. In my case they have even been able to arrange me the plane seat of my choice! They do have a website although it's basically a front cover, so you would be better off speaking to them direct, their number is 01376 560592.

I posted earlier on this thread that my parents went to the hotel Prague Center (also with Czech Travel), they had no problem with it at all, but recommended me to the Hotel Alton as it was a little nearer Wenceslas square and the tram/metro.

Joanne, I'll probably e-mail you in the next couple of days.

Edited by Tigerblade

I'm on the other side of Wenseslas Square. You won't regret it
:lol:  :lol:  One of your best yet Jo.  :approve:  :lol:

You have lost me there Kev, has Joanne's side of Wenceslas Square got a reputation or something? :D

Well can someone try and find roman and gat a contact adress so i can contact him. B)

Hey Matousek,

Sorry I'm only just replying to your request about Roman I am also a big Roman Matousek fan, I first saw him in 1986 at Ipswich when he rode for the witches.

I have always admired his all action style of riding, I have seen him on several occasions when I have been in the Czech Republic for the Golden helmet weekend.

He lives just outside Slany in a little village, although I'm not sure of the name, his mother used to run a small bar quite near to his house.

I saw him last year in Slany, he is working for a roofing company and he doesn't look any different, and he still shakes your hand with a vice like grip.

Sorry I don't have any contact details for him, but if you get to the track at Slany someone would be able to tell you the information.

• 2 weeks later...