British Speedway Forum

CZECH GP

Can anyone reccomend any decent hotels in Prague? Is it far to Marketa from the city centre? Cheers folks!

I guess it depends what standard of hotel you are looking for.

First time I went I stayed at the Radisson which was absolutely fantastic. This year we went for the slightly more "functional" (and much cheaper) Pyramid hotel.

You can get a tram from the very center of the City straight to the stadium. I can't remember the number off-hand, I think it might have been the 22, but I'm sure there are many on here with better memories than me that will be able to confirm.

the tram that you need is the 22 ,and get off at either brevnosky klaster or vyspech.

prague is a superb place to visit as well as going to the gp.

for good food , i can recommend Pivovarsky Dom,which is a restaurant as well as

a micro brewery.

also try Bohemia Bagel.

does anyone else have any recommendations for good food,and good accommodation ,as i hope to go with 4 friends next year.

Guest BilaHora

All

A small word of warning. Tram 22 is the main tourist tram in Prague and has been known to have a problem with pick-pockets. Public transport in Prague is quick and efficient, just take care with your belongings.

Regards

BilaHora

I definitely fancy this now I know it is going to be July.

Mum and Dad are going there for a few days on the 13th, staying at the Prague Centre, so will post back on afterwards to say what they thought of it.

www.hotel-net.cz/detail_en_1284_PRAGUE_CENTRE_HOTEL_USD.html

the tram that you need is the 22 ,and get off at either brevnosky klaster or vyspech.

prague is a superb place to visit as well as going to the gp.

for good food , i can recommend Pivovarsky Dom,which is a restaurant as well as

a micro brewery.

also try Bohemia Bagel.

does anyone else have any recommendations for good food,and good accommodation ,as i hope to go with 4 friends next year.

Magpie, the tram stop is called "Vypich"...

Other options :

From "Hradcanska" Metro Station (Line A), take tram 1 or 18 to Vetrnik.

Go to "Andel" Metro Station, walk a few yards to the "Andel" Bus Terminus, and get bus 191 to "Vypich"

:D

We stayed in a Hotel called the Ibis.... Abit of a treck from the City Centre! Wouldnt you agree Beercellar... :lol:

yeh it was quit a treck as we did all walk it that nite,then we descovered the tram when we got there :blink: nice hotel tho,just a bit to far out realy.If its class u want then try the diplomate,its where riders stay some times,like mr gollob or mr richardson.and its right by the metro (tube) as well.Am looking forward to it again this year,loads a good places to eat and everything is so cheep.just watch out for pick pockets and english stage doos.

How far away is the Pyramid hotel from the town centre and how far away from the GP?

Any idea what the taxi price would be?

Which website have you used to book the Pyramid.

Any other suggestions for a 3 to 4 star hotel?

Help, Where is queen of travel guide Joanne?

I'm here, I was doing the ironing :sad:

Don't know about queen, The StartTart and Rico are better qualified than me :)

Too much info Joanne :) I've got a pile in my house needing done, get yourself along the A404 then A4 and help !

I'd put Jeffster as our Czecho expert, perhaps along with Chris Brown and the delectable Bila Hora, however am happy to pass on my experiences of my two trips to Prague.

I've replied to an e-mail from Phil off-forum and haven't saved a copy, however in response to the additional questions about taxis and websites I wouldn't worry about getting a taxi around town, the tram service is superb. Only time I have used taxi's is getting to and from the airport, websites - my good friend HenryW did the booking last year - hopefully he can fill that blank.

Rico :rolleyes:

So you've had an email as well, Rico and I thought I was the chosen one :angry::wink:

Look in your inbox, Phil.

Sorry Rico, can't do that job for you, I'll be on the forum this afternoon probably making a fool of myself, as usual :rolleyes:

We stayed at the Krystal last year. I remember there was some swedes also, and of course the germans we went there with. We walked to the stadium from the hotel. Would have been a 20 minute trek if we wouldnt have got sort of lost. Ended up making a nice number 8 on nearby streets of the stadium.

Theres a tram stop 100m from the hotel entrance, so thats covered. I think a double room would have been around 40€ with breakfast, which by the way was practically non-excistent!

If you want a cheap option not to far away from Marketa I can recommend Pension Klara. I've stayed there on 4 occassions

Its basic, about £25 per night including breakfast for a double room and in Holsovice about 10 minutes by Tram No 1 or 18) from Marketa. It can be found at the link below

http://www.prague-accommodation.cz/

The guy to talk to is Karol Holecek whose number is +420 220 80 90 09. He speaks perfect English and lives at the pension

Guest BilaHora

All

As everyone has said, the public transport system in Prague (trams and metro) are first class - quick and efficient. However, as I said before, petty crimes such as pick-pocketing and handbag theft are not unheard of on the popular tourist routes. As for taxis, you should always agree a set fee before getting into the taxi and, for preference, I would always arrange a taxi through the hotel. On the other hand, I always walk everywhere when I am in Prague (like Mr Rico taxis are for airport transfers only) and it should be possible to walk from Wenceslas Square to the Marketa Stadium in about thirty minutes.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora