British Speedway Forum

Hans Andersen

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah in athletics were just cr@p :D

but no world cup in speedway in the last 15 years and even back then it was under painful circumstances.

this country needs to be acting NOW on securing Middlo or whoever is manager has the right kind of talent to work with when it comes round to world cup or whatever....

the sad fact is, GB is extremely over-rated when it comes to sport, and until someone in the right place wakes up and realises this then Denmark, Sweden and even the Poles will be head and shoulders above what we can offer.

lets get behind some sort of training academy for the youngsters, when there are training 'schools' at various tracks, make sure that the riders are actually trained rather than left to get on with it. lets get the future in place NOW and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to cheer GB on to the podium as #1, not 2 or 3.

Should we not be expecting a formal Statement by the FIM regarding what action they are taking to investigate suggestions that the race was thrown and for financial considerations?

You my friend are talking garbage.

I know emotions are high at the moment and I've lost respect for the guy but things are getting a bit OTT here! Kicking him out of British Speedway until the next World Cup, forcing Ipswich out of business by boycotting the place...a bit extreme.

Would be interesting to read peoples views of him if he had made way to let Scotty through!  :P

I think Gollob and Andersen were on a hiding to nothing in Heat 25. GB lost the meeting earlier and would not have even been in the position they were but for some very dubious refereeing decisions. The Silver medal is a tremendous achievement and I'm sorry, the best team won.

Point missed again :rolleyes: Fair enough Sweden won. Well done.

Did Andersen, shut off and allow PK throught whilst covering Scotty? Did all his comments and body language suggest he was lying and didn't give a s**t when interviewed?

Think all Brits should ban Danish bacon Tomorrow .

and restock the shelves with good old British Sour Grapes :rolleyes:

Steve, I used to enjoy a bit of banter with you in the past, but just lately you seem to have lost your sense of humour. Isn't it strange how people change. :angry:

That'll be my fault Liontamer, but then you've probably been told that already :rolleyes:

This is an oppertunity for the authorities to show that this type of thing wont be tolerated and remove the hint that there are certain practices that can be percieved as the sport being bent, surely at the least it brings the sport into disrepute, cant understand why british sponsers would want to put money into a foreign racer that cheats their country when theres plenty of british riders to support, wouldnt want my company associated with this.

I've just watched a video of the meeting and the best team won on the night without a doubt. England (Team GB if you're a PC maniac (& that's not Personal Computer BTW)) were excellent over the week and I think we'd have settled for silver (in front of the Aussies & Danes) before the SWC started but to get so close in the end left everyone gutted apart from the Danes. Heat 25 was certainly open to interpretation and would soon be forgotten under normal circumstances but these weren't normal circumstances were they? This was a vital heat in the SWC live on TV. Not a good time to make enemies. Hans succeeded and then gave a "well up yours, I've done nowt because I didn't see him when I looked round" interview to the lovely Sophie who should have chinned him. I wonder how his English manager viewed the incident?

I thought all the cr*p referees turned up at Peterborough United from August to May but it seems that speedway has its own version and it strayed into Poole on Saturday evening. I liked the way M Bates could clearly explain the reasons behind his decisions on the phone - it was about 5 second a call before he put the phone down on Middleditch, Olsen etc :D

QUOTE=rob[biec45,Aug 8 2004, 11:01 PM] Nah in athletics were just cr@p :D

but no world cup in speedway in the last 15 years and even back then it was under painful circumstances.

this country needs to be acting NOW on securing Middlo or whoever is manager has the right kind of talent to work with when it comes round to world cup or whatever....

the sad fact is, GB is extremely over-rated when it comes to sport, and until someone in the right place wakes up and realises this then Denmark, Sweden and even the Poles will be head and shoulders above what we can offer.

lets get behind some sort of training academy for the youngsters, when there are training 'schools' at various tracks, make sure that the riders are actually trained rather than left to get on with it. lets get the future in place NOW and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to cheer GB on to the podium as #1, not 2 or 3.

Im with you on that one brother :approve:

I feel there are some really over the top comments being made about Mr Andersen. I am not a Hans fan but I still do not believe the level of abuse being aimed at him is justified. Yes he let Karlsson past, but Nicholls passed him too. Lets say it was Scott Nicholls on the outside and Hans looked over to see him and let him by, would there still be this level of complaint and abuse on this forum?...I think not.

Lets say it was Scott Nicholls on the outside and Hans looked over to see him and let him by, would there still be this level of complaint and abuse on this forum?...I think not.

No, there would be on the Swedish equivilent though!

Edited by SCB

Gold or Silver.. or no medal at all.. I am a BRIT and am mighty proud of the

six lads that served BRITISH speedway so well this last week.

Well done to Scott, Floppy, Havvy, Loramski, Ricco and the Screen Machine..

You better make it 7 TomCat and add Mr Bates on the list...

Dear oh dear.. Your no better !!

I'm passionate about my country and my country's sports teams.. I suppose thats a crime is it. I congratulate My Country's Speedway team on a great performance. only spoiled by some Dane using underhand tactics and all of a sudden I get a response like that from YOU!!

I can handle the loss.. its the manner in which we were beaten that gets my back up.. I suppose your one of these.. 'oh well thats life' brigade. I'd love to see your face if someone at your place of work stitched you up with the boss and you got taken down.. I suppose you'd just shrug your shoulders and sign on would you?

We may well have lost that last race without the interferance of that Dane.. but the fans of speedway were robbed of the chance to find out.. Thats what the argument is about in the main.. he spoilt a fantastic tournament in just 10 seconds of one race.. And you dont mind that I suppose?

All I can assume is that if you were there, that you love having cheats waste your money.

Guest Shnikies
Gold or Silver.. or no medal at all.. I am a BRIT and am mighty proud of the

six lads that served BRITISH speedway so well this last week.

Well done to Scott, Floppy, Havvy, Loramski, Ricco and the Screen Machine..

You better make it 7 TomCat and add Mr Bates on the list...

Dear oh dear.. Your no better !!

I'm passionate about my country and my country's sports teams.. I suppose thats a crime is it. I congratulate My Country's Speedway team on a great performance. only spoiled by some Dane using underhand tactics and all of a sudden I get a response like that from YOU!!

I can handle the loss.. its the manner in which we were beaten that gets my back up.. I suppose your one of these.. 'oh well thats life' brigade. I'd love to see your face if someone at your place of work stitched you up with the boss and you got taken down.. I suppose you'd just shrug your shoulders and sign on would you?

We may well have lost that last race without the interferance of that Dane.. but the fans of speedway were robbed of the chance to find out.. Thats what the argument is about in the main.. he spoilt a fantastic tournament in just 10 seconds of one race.. And you dont mind that I suppose?

All I can assume is that if you were there, that you love having cheats waste your money.

Bad day Tomcat? :)

I suppose I am one of those who doesn't see any point in 'crying over spilt milk' as it were. What has happened, has happened and there's nothing anyone can do about it (well...)

There's tons of positives to be taken out of this week (including Sat. night), why not concentrate on that?

And for what it's worth, I'd never get 'stitched up' at work, as I play by the rules! :wink: Not that I think you have any reason to comment on that given that you don't know me(AFAIK!), nor my boss, or where I work!

Good luck on the psychology degree though!

Edited by Shnikies

Tomcat,

whole heartedly agree with your post if only a few more of us Brits had that attitude in day to day life,regarding being stitched up at work,been there and been sh8t on from a great height,it sure does give one a different outlook on life!!

Should we not be expecting a formal Statement by the FIM regarding what action they are taking to investigate suggestions that the race was thrown and for financial considerations?

You my friend are talking garbage.

FlyinRyan,

do you think this sort of thing doesn't go on then,to be honest a couple of top riders were quick off the mark with there summary of events!

This is Iggy's wife (yes he does have one despite being a speedway freak!!). I think that you should all lighten up and get on with life after all it's only pikey formula 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

christ i feel sorry for someone who has a spouse with an I.Q like yours you stupid ignorant poor excuse of a person!!!

wow nine pages in 1 hour has hans beat nicki's record.

JY2003 are you actually from Danmark or are you just a fan of a few of thier riders?

if the latter you are just as bad as that smug t**t Andersen

nah shes just a tubby little groupie with sod all better else to do!