British Speedway Forum

Hans Andersen

It's not just Team GB who suffered from Andersen's 'antics', it's the Swedes too. Let's face it, PK had a good chance of winning the race without HA's help, and now HA has gone and completely devalued the victory for them. :angry:

And after all that effort trying to convince sports journalists to cover the final, HA has now made our sport look like a complete laughing stock :mad: . If you were a sports journalist covering that final - your first speedway meeting - would you bother again? I don't think so :angry: .

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it we were unlucky when Scotty stopped and when Pedersen KO'ed Max with Havvy leading. But kucky when the race was stopped when the Pole locked in front of Richardson.

Gate positions didn't work out right either we didn't win, maybe we deserved to, but at least Denmark didn't! And we're allot closer then we've been to winning for a long time.

Chin up.

Edited by Col

hey

this is where i come in now if the world cup was a proper team macth with team riding etiher the four team struture with 2 team members per race or a test macth formula...it would not be left to opponents to team ride..

i rest my case....on hans christian andersen head! ( i didnt see PK ..fairy story?)

he has done speedway a increasing diservice this season

and i do respect the riders who were watching (biased as they may ahve been) louis, ermolenko, tatum who all spotted it!

Swings and roundabouts is the phrase that springs to mind

Agreed Hans slowed, and yes his interview was well . . uneconomical with the truth but PK would have betaen Scotty I'm sure. As many have said we've seen these things before (Aussies at Coventry) and I'm sure we'll see them again.

Throughout the meeting points were won and lost with various re-runs, refs deciscions, the resulting restarts invariably showing a different result from the initial running at the point of stoppage (Havvy when Nicki Wiped out Max, and also Lee getting a 2nd bite and winning over Lindback in ht 23 as examples)

Lets not forget Nicholls wiping out Bjarne early in the meeting but geting back for the re-start - btw how lucky was Bjarne not to hit the 4 inch square wooden post with his legs. Commendable that Poole have the old fence behind to give more rigidity to the air fence unlike Ipswich, but 90% of the time the rider goes to ground at kick board level and submarines under and through the air fence, thus if no kickboard on the old fence behind hes is at the mercy of whats there - wooden posts and mesh only in this case. Very lucky indeed.

Looking at the last 8 heats Sweden outscored Team GB 19-12, deciscions aside that proved the difference.

AJ had a torrid time all night (4 from 4 starts), but his ht24 ride against Loram was a very mature ride. We all know he loves the high line and it had not worked all night for him compared to Thursday (Gollobs downfall as well I think) But in 24 he clamped Mark for 4 laps to the pole line - just what the Swedes needed at the time.

Anyway well done Sweden and comiserations to the Brits - a good weeks entertainment.

PS Was the red light (from an infrared source on the digital camera) as used by the Snapper on the dog track - in the ensuing melee Sky zoomed in on a guy sheepishly leaning over the fence exiting the 4th turn/back striaght ? It was BSI's decision to remove all official photographers from the inside to the outside of the circuit in SGP and SWC events a couple of years ago - we'll never know I guess, Scott knows what he saw. At Wolves riders are occasionally distracted by the brake lights on cars moving around on the 4th bend.

Edited by Papa Bazarou

At Wolves riders are occasionally distracted by the brake lights on cars moving around on the 4th bend.

That figures. I can understand fans wanting to make a swift exit from

Monmore Green. :D

Hans andersen makes the gate then just gives up letting pk and scott both pass him .

If he was out get team gb he could have just pushed scott wide on bend 3 , what a bunch of sore losers us brits are  :mad:  :mad:

This misses the point pretty spectacularly imho, hardly anyone who's come on here has not said the Swedes didn't deserve to win. Indeed most have congratulated them and acknowledged their victory. Most have also said that PK would probably have beaten Scotty anyway.

There's no sore losers there - and whatever happens (probably nothing) to Andersen it won't change the result, so the only reason why people are having a go is because they are fans who value and want to maintain the integrity of the sport. :mad::mad:

Lets take a look at Hans Anderson, he uses his elbows as much as he can to slow his opponants, he closes the door not alowing any room for the rider on the outside, he is arrogant in his interviews and spoils race meetings by pulling of childish tricks what a star.

And some fans have the nerve to compare hime with Niki. There is no comparison Niki might get things wrong sometimes but no way is he so arrogant as Anderson, and Anderson will never be World Champion because he isn't good enough.

I never buy Danish bacon. I like to think that the Pigs have a little bit of freedom in England before they have to be slaughtered unlike Denmark's intensive rearing.

Incidentally we saw a hilarious Pig Race at Brickfields Heavy Horse Centre in the Isle of Wight recently, but even they are destined to be killed in a couple of months time. :sad:

Surely the Pig must produce more variety of meat than any other animal? Bacon, ham, sausages, pork pie, roast pork, faggots......not that I eat any of it myself.

Someone do me a favour at Eastbourne on Monday night and throw a breese block at Anderson when he is going down the back straight.

Well said Mad 3:16. Read through some of the rubbish on here and quite frankly it's just not worth replying to.But i notice some of the people having a go at team GB, or the ref, or saying sour grapes etc support other countries.I bet none of them actually come from THAT country.They are the type of people that give this country a losing mentality, the mentality they speak so often about.Go away Glory Hunters.I have about as much respect for you as Hans 'Sh**house' Andersen.

So that's bacon, ham, sausages, gammon, pork scratchings, roast pork, faggots, pork pie......

Poor little sods they don't stand a chance. :P

Edited by Gemini

All these conspiracy theories are just sour grapes.  Think back to almost every decision the (English) referee had to make tonight.  Every one went in favour of GB.  No wonder the Danes and Swedes were raging at one point.

Apart from the Kenneth Bjerre (who webmaster stole my SWC spreadsheet!!) who fell off on his own vs Rico, now hads that been allowed to carry on, Rico would have got 3 not 1 and GB would win. Go back and work out all the bad luck things and suddenly, Team GB win by 1 point. A team ALWAYS needs luck to win.

That said, I still think that Sweden did have the best team and deserved there win as they did it when it mattered.

Sorry SCB! :cry:

Have just checked the coding on the homepage. Seemed to something had fallen out, so you werre not credited at all. It has been corrected now.

Sorry again. :cry:

BTW it is a good spreadsheet even though it is on 3 pages when printed out. My daughter (at 12) used it when watching the final.

Well I would have liked to have seem GB win it but sadly it didn't happen. What I get sick of hearing though is someone or something else getting the blame whenever they don't win. It's plain sour grapes :angry: . If Scott have gated in the final heat there wouldn't be any need for this argument but he didn't so lets blame someone else! Hans is being made the fall guy but the meeting wasn't just about one race it was about 25! GB got the benefit of some debatable refereeing decisions during the meeting so they can't say they were hard done to.

Yes the result was a pity but lets not detract from Sweden who rode well and deserved their win.