British Speedway Forum

Line up for final grand prix qualifier

Hans might not be the best rider on track, but he tries to do whats best. Hans AND Lindback are BOTH young still, and if Hans, needs to grow up and do better then so does Lindback.

Very well put, and very true. Well done!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Gps are for the best riders how can Lindback or Chrzanowski get into them? Maybe Hans wouldnt be the best rider to go into there either (and yes that is coming from an Ippo/Hans fan) but Andersen would be better than these riders!!

Taken from speedway star:

Andersen CMA 8.49

Lindback CMA 8.54

Ok so a marginal difference, but by statistics Lindback is better, at the least he is Hans' equal so how is Hans better suited for the GP? He's had 2 seasons & failed to make a major impression both times - why not give Antonio a shot, he's also younger than Andersen too. Give him 2 seasons in the GP then compare who is better...I think Antonio would come out on top.

Im sorry but statistics dont matter in this case, speedway isnt a sport of statistics, Hans has been injured for the last Ipswich meetings and Hans can rider anywhere however i feel that Lindback dosnt ride as good as him. I dont think that Lindback didnt deserve do have gotten thro however, Hans (in the elite league) has been a tad better.

Also like to add, while Scotty was injured, Hans took over as Ippo's number 1 AND did a great job of it aswell. I couldnt see Lindback going this well, as in the SWC he got exclued in his 1st two rides in the play-off because he was so nervous. And if that happened in the GPs, then he would be out!!

Edited by Witches Vs Hammers

If the Gps are for the best riders how can Lindback or Chrzanowski get into them? Maybe Hans wouldnt be the best rider to go into there either (and yes that is coming from an Ippo/Hans fan) but Andersen would be better than these riders!!

Taken from speedway star:

Andersen CMA 8.49

Lindback CMA 8.54

Ok so a marginal difference, but by statistics Lindback is better, at the least he is Hans' equal so how is Hans better suited for the GP? He's had 2 seasons & failed to make a major impression both times - why not give Antonio a shot, he's also younger than Andersen too. Give him 2 seasons in the GP then compare who is better...I think Antonio would come out on top.

As any Government minister will tell you statistics can be bent to prove everything

What you fail to say in yours is that Andersen has ridden at number 1 all season for Ipswich whilst baby Lindback started at Reserve.

Nevertheless he has a great chance to prove he is maybe better next year and I hope he makes the most of it so we can suffer the continued smugness from the South Coast :D It wouldn't be the same without SS's post

before anybody gets out of their pram that comment is meant in a light hearted way.........seriously i expect he will do OK, no trees pulled up but if the GP's good enough for the Dryml Bros i fail to see why Lindback can't join in.

PS SS DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE!!

Edited by General Melchitt

Interesting to see we had 3 Poole assets in the final.

But as far as I am concerned Lindback is a better bet for GP honors than Andersen.

True enough Andersen has improved this season, but Lindback is a class act and years younger. His average is also higher than Andersens, and this is Lindbacks first season, whilst Andersen has already ridden over here 4 years.

Can't beleive I am reading remarks that Lindback is not going to add anything to the GP series. Perhaps the posts were made by young girls who don't have a clue about the guy.

As for Chzranowski, he may find it hard, and I classed him in a similar vein to KK, but perhaps after tonight I think he is a tad better. Certainly when he rode for Poole his performances were badly affected by the court case looming over his head. Now that is all in the past, he seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds, as tonights result shows.

Will he return to Poole as our reserve next season? Have wait and see! ;)

We can say what we like about Hans but he is without a doubt one of the best riders in the world(top 10) and easily on a par(if not above) the current world champion!

Top 10?????

The current GP standings suggest he is about 19th, with only 3 of the GP regulars behind him.

The current World Champ is in 5th place.

That doesn't really tie in with your statement now, does it.

or D2 (Wielki finał: Lindback,Chrzanowski, Bjerre, Andersen (d/2)

Polak zajmował w biegu 2. miejsce, ale brutalnie zaatakował go Hans Andersen, uderzając w Polaka, który spadł na 3. lokatę. Sędzia nie zareagował! Na szczeście sprawiedliwości stało się zadość. Po chwili Andersen zanotował defekt motocykla, a Polak wskakując na 2. miejsce awansował do SGP 2005!)

anybody translate

"Chrzanowski was riding second but brutal attack of Andersen made him fall to the third place. The referee did not react. After a while Andersen had an engine failure and Chrzanowski finished second."

A little biased maybe ?

I didn't see any "brutal attack" by Hans A.

The only brutal attack I saw was with KB as victim in the semis.

Guest richtea78

So there is some justice after all - anyone who thought that Hans had been forgiven should have heard the cheer that went up from Eastbourne and Arena fans when we found out his engine had blown up. Discounting the WTC shennanigans he didnt deserve it purely for giving into threats and withholding his services from his team this week. The only thing Hans has done by not riding is prove that people can get to him when he should have toughed it out. At the end of the day the worst he would have faced is some booing which he says he doesnt mind in the S/ Star.

or D2 (Wielki finał: Lindback,Chrzanowski, Bjerre, Andersen (d/2)

Polak zajmował w biegu 2. miejsce, ale brutalnie zaatakował go Hans Andersen, uderzając w Polaka, który spadł na 3. lokatę. Sędzia nie zareagował! Na szczeście sprawiedliwości stało się zadość. Po chwili Andersen zanotował defekt motocykla, a Polak wskakując na 2. miejsce awansował do SGP 2005!)

anybody translate

"Chrzanowski was riding second but brutal attack of Andersen made him fall to the third place. The referee did not react. After a while Andersen had an engine failure and Chrzanowski finished second."

A little biased maybe ?

I didn't see any "brutal attack" by Hans A.

The only brutal attack I saw was with KB as victim in the semis.

It's just a translation ;) . Looks like the author of that words just overacted.

Guest JY2003
Well done to Hans. Got further than Floppy  :lol:

Jess ........... I'm worried about you, Floppy is one of your own Team Riders :shock:

Does that nessecarly(sp) mean that i have to support him? :unsure:

I think personally that Lindback's inclusion into the GP's has come 2 years too early.

I think he will struggle to cope next year.

He wont get all the help like he did at the SWC.

I might be wrong but its my opinion , and its not an anti Poole thing