Oh dear.
I went to the very first opening match and it was known they had practiced in the afternoon, the match afterwards in front of a crowd that must have been at least 3 thousand was effectively ruined, the racing was gate and go with little if any overtaking other that first bend and mistakes.
Its clear from reading this thread today that a junior meeting took place in the afternoon proves that the idiots in charge are just not learning from earlier mistakes, using sub standard track material or don’t have the expertise to lay a track that provides proper racing, clearly the rain didn’t help but weather forecasts exist these days and should be taken into account.
I haven't been to Northampton since but we are looking to attending the Woffinden Testimonial in October, it will be interesting to see if anything has changed, from what I have read this year I fear not much, we will see.