Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bitza

Members
  • Posts

    465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Male
  • Age
    67

Profile Information

  • Team
    Poole Pirates

Recent Profile Visitors

1,699 profile views

Bitza's Achievements

Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

  • One Year In
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • One Month Later
  • Dedicated Rare

Recent Badges

252

Reputation

  1. Certainly took till heat 8 before Pirates showed some intent. Could have been a whole lot worse. Minus 8, will make Wednesday night interesting. I wonder how MPT will perform?
  2. Or because Lawson was team riding, looking out for Cairns' back. Which I think probably suited both, giving a young up & coming rider so wins, while also helping to keep Lawson's GSA manageable.
  3. Well I would like to see Poole back in the Premiership next season, firstly to help distance the leagues, then to watch top flight riders tackle Wimborne Road, and of course to see the Pirates win more significant Silverware. But I'm also bored by the arguments about how the leagues aren't at a similar standard, team averages. The reality is that the Premiership needs Poole more, than Poole needs the Premiership.
  4. Spot on, Berwick track could be similarly criticised in the Plymouth semi but the reality was that their riders were just better, riding the optimum lines, leading to limited overtaking etc, is the kinda criticism Wimborne Road gets after EVERY Pirates win ( have to point out these comments are from a very predictable dullard few).
  5. Kneeler the fountain of of "Strong Rumours",
  6. Well great I look forward to watching Friday nights great racing, unfortunately it'll be via BSN and not live.
  7. Should have probably done this first, but have just looked up some heat times for comparison. Plymouth 53secs Scunthorpe 58secs Poole 60secs
  8. I just read something on Facebook where the Eddie Wright track was described as small and fast, is this accurate? I assume when they say fast it's not just because the laps are so short? Is it as small as the Collosium Plymouth?
  9. The problem with Poole's 3/4 partnership is that Kerr always wants to lead and scoot off intó the distance, leaving Rushen to fend for himself. Whereas both Lawson & Cooke are happy to ride shotgun. Having won all 8 bonus points and being over 200 +points (for & against)Poole are clearly favourites. A steady away performance is required, and avoiding the Plymouth scenario. For me it was Edinburgh and Glasgow who have out performed expectations. I was expecting Berwick/Plymouth/Redcar/Scunthorpe to be in the mix.
  10. Deserved win for sure, but where were Plymouth? I was expecting them to be more competitive, they even had a team showing them what to do but it seemed an age before they noticed? If the Gladiatórs pull this back it really would go down in history.
  11. The best of luck to both teams, I hope the result is on pure racing without injury or idiot referring decisions. Good to have the Championship silverware spread about a bit.
  12. Well if he's cut from the same cloth as Slater, he would be very welcome. Lightcap has really impressed me, new team, new tracks, new/borrowed bikes, he rides like a crazy devil and makes overtakes stick. Would really like to see him get a set of Poole kevlars.
  13. First off great result, deserved too. Cairns is one of the best 17 yet olds for sure, Mulford tried to exert pressure, but Will pissed off into the distance. Wind people up and who knows what the outcome will be. What did people think of the first start of heat 1? Cos to me it looked like Wright thought sh.t chronic start best lay the bike down and avoid wiping out 2/3 of our advantage?
  14. Well that didn't go according to plan, for either team I guess loosing a 12 point lead ain't great, being 6 points down isn't either. Poole's mechanicals didn't help the cause, in a perfect world they wouldn't happen I guess. Jordy Loftus did help much either, I was expecting a couple points. A 6 point deficit isn't the end of the world, sure Redcar do have some good riders but it will come down to who steps up tomorrow.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy