Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

TheWellBehavedWorrall

Members
  • Posts

    1,274
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    14

TheWellBehavedWorrall last won the day on September 24

TheWellBehavedWorrall had the most liked content!

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Male

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
  • Team
    Glasgow Tigers

Recent Profile Visitors

3,731 profile views

TheWellBehavedWorrall's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare

Recent Badges

1.2k

Reputation

  1. I don’t think that’s fair. Not every rider is on a trajectory to reach lofty heights.
  2. Awful for us when guesting against Poole and even worse for Plymouth at Berwick at the weekend. I was open to the idea, but the more I see, the less I like.
  3. It isn’t harsh; it’s having standards. Our number one scored 7 at home in a play-off final, having scored just 4 in the first leg. It’s woeful. In his second and third rides, he did as expected. Hook, Ingram, Palm Toft and Mountain should always be easy meat for Glasgow’s number one. When we needed him, he fell short. I don’t care if he missed the gate in the first heat, or the track wasn’t suited or he tried his hardest; we needed something for our number one in the first heat - anything - and we got nothing. It set the tone. The less said about his contribution - and Harris’ - in the first leg, the better. Shocking. FWIW I like Flint and I’d be happy to see him continue at Ashfield next season, but let’s call a spade a spade; he was nowhere near good enough.
  4. 😂 I actually wish you were correct because it would mean speedway had a degree of loyalty and passion, but I’m afraid I very much doubt it. If Pickering or Masters were paid enough, they’d be in Tigers’ colours next season. A speedway riders’ career is far too short and nowhere near remunerative enough to hold fantasy grudges over rivals of former clubs.
  5. Does anyone have any idea why he (Rowe) was doing a bit of gardening at the start line after the victory parade? I think it was Harris who was being interviewed while the other riders stood around; meanwhile Rowe is kicking the dirt on the first gate. We passed a guy with a pint in his hand shouting “Anders, the meetings finished mate! We’re out! You can’t stop digging!”😂
  6. Pirates must be heavy, heavy favourites for this. Checked the live updates website; Palm Toft, Mountain, Ablitt, Hook and Ingram scored a collective 8 points across 19 rides at Wimborne Road in August. That’s incredible. This could be Pickering and Harrison versus Poole. It’s remarkable - and a credit to them, I should add - that Scunthorpe are even in the final. An exceptional season from them. Championship level speedway has delivered, big time, on the entertainment front over the past week, so here’s hoping for more of the same.
  7. Despite his excellent input on Friday night, I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rowe in Glasgow colours next season, but the above concerns would be eradicated by the depth of the Facenna’s pockets. I support a couple of riders (I’m visible on one riders’ equipment) through sponsorship, so although I’m not in the know, I’ve had a few conversations around the Ashfield pits with club representatives who are. From those discussions, I understand we compensate incredibly well which subsequently, will frustrate the ownership, given this season’s failings. The same person who told me that informed me of Howarth’s pending departure a week or two in advance of it actually happening.
  8. Despite his excellent input on Friday night, I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rowe in Glasgow colours next season, but the above concerns would be eradicated by the depth of the Facenna’s pockets. I support a couple of riders (I’m visible on one riders’ equipment) through sponsorship, so although I’m not in the know, I’ve had a few conversations around the Ashfield pits with club representatives who are. From those discussions, I understand we compensate incredibly well which subsequently, will frustrate the ownership, given this season’s failings. The same person who told me that informed me of Howarth’s pending departure a week or two in advance of it actually happening.
  9. “Boring Glasgow”.😂 This post alone should ensure no-one on this forum takes a single post of yours seriously. A ridiculous comment. Stupid, even.
  10. Did Shielfield host a GP Challenge? Only returned to the sport in recent times, so wasn’t aware.
  11. Just saw that. Gutted, to be honest. A huge scalp for the Bandits, retaining him. Given his performance on Friday night, Rowe might be in the mix. Not sold on that though. Great on Friday night and a Pairs champion, but remember how poor he was at Ashfield for Oxford and in the play-off final last season. Had a look at his scores throughout this season and he’s been okay; nothing special. I wouldn’t be against a big, statement signing, like a Masters or even a Pickering. Creates a challenge with the points limit, but our key riders felt short when it mattered this season; a statement signing addresses that.
  12. I agree there have been worse signings (Ivacic, for example) and I agree he’s not the solely responsible for our collapse, but let’s not beat around the bush; he has been woeful. I wouldn’t include Howarth in the list of issues though. From what I understand, he’s face some difficulties in his personal life. No finger pointing here.
  13. Well done Bandits. What a performance. Kildemand and Morris were outstanding, as was Battye. The latter two returning next season is massive for Berwick. If they recruit wisely, they could make a serious title challenge next season. Gutted for the travelling Plymouth fans. Several Gladiators should be embarrassed by their performance. Took this screenshot last night. What a crowd. I’ve been to Shielfield Park many times, but never have I saw the first bend this packed. Great to see.
  14. Complete delusion, this. Spoke to several people at the meeting last night and have seen several people comment on here since; thankfully none reflect this post. The only plausible justification for Mario Hausl wearing a Glasgow Tigers race suit next season, is if the Facenna’s and Cami Brown suffer serious brain injuries. An abysmal signing.
  15. Great start for the Bandits. Klima absolutely bullied by Battye going into the first bend there. Bodied. Need to be stronger in situations like that; it’s a final. Get your big boy pants on Daniel.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy