Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bojangles

Members
  • Posts

    1,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Bojangles last won the day on December 17 2025

Bojangles had the most liked content!

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Male

Profile Information

  • Location
    London
  • Team
    Wembley Lions

Recent Profile Visitors

4,231 profile views

Bojangles's Achievements

Rising Star

Rising Star (9/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter Rare

Recent Badges

1k

Reputation

  1. I don't know the actual points limit, but from what I've heard the Championship will be the same nine teams as 2026 - with the points limit already agreed upon. Not from a direct source though, so don't quote me!
  2. Very good point. I forgot about that rule.
  3. Did he? I missed that! I can't see Scott doing the NDL next year either.
  4. First signings will be announced at the end of season awards on Friday 16th October. Roll on 2027...
  5. Oxford won't be in the top league in 2027. It will be Championship, with first signings announced on Friday 16th October.
  6. In theory, the Oxford finances are there. The previous financial issues were linked to Kevin Boothby, who is no longer part of the club. The club itself is run to a profit, and was extremely profitable in the first couple of seasons. Things started to go wrong with Boothby draining them, and the club running in three leagues. It was a big ask for fans to turn up and pay for entry to each meeting (there were 30 home meetings across the three leagues in 2025). Fans started choosing one league (plus the NDL) and that turned out to be the Cheetahs, and not the Spires. Spires crowds quickly started to become noticeably lower. I'm sure Oxford could afford to run in the Premiership, but they would do that at the expense of the Championship. No way it will be all three leagues again. However, the big IF is around the deal that's been done the stadium leaseholders to continue to operate, I'm not privvy to that. There's no doubt the return of some other sport to the stadium would ease the burden.
  7. As far as I know, the financial troubles started and ended with Boothby. The speedway itself was always solvent, only impacted by Boothby taking many out of the club. He's no longer involved, with Courtney, Austin and Timmo now at the helm. The speedway side of the business makes money, attracts good crowds and could afford it.... the big IF is how much is now being paid to the stadium owners to be able to operate (without the greyhounds to pay a cut). The Oxford Stadium website seems to suggest positive movements though, posting about a 'new era'... https://oxford-stadium.co.uk/
  8. Oxford stepping up again? There's no way they will run in three leagues again, but could drop the Championship perhaps? Especially if the Championship is going to be a diluted product. Peter Shroeck has been very vocal about starting to build a team early for 2027...and they only time he's ever mentioned problems with team building before was having limited time to build a Spires team in 2024. Then again, it's Peter Shroeck so I'm not sure reading him is any easier than Dostoevsky.
  9. Indeed. Two short planks comes to mind.
  10. Indeed, I was referring to the Cheetahs though. Just shows the benefit of having the Chargers to fill out August and September...I bet they get even better crowds for those fixtures. Great to hear team planning is underway.
  11. So another season done and dusted at Sandy Lane. Not the one most of us wanted, but good to see the crowds swelling again and we should just be thankful we got any speedway at all after the greyhound collapse. On a more positive note, it sounds like next year is already being planned. I was a little worried (and still am, if I'm being honest) about there being any speedway at Oxford next season, but Peter Shroeck sounded very excited about it when being interviewed yesterday and said team plans are already under way. Fingers crossed.
  12. Not quite true. He stated he practiced on Monday in the interview... “I had a practice on Monday in preparation for today and unfortunately, I felt worse again yesterday and today and I don’t feel safe to get on the bike tonight and race. I’m really sorry about the whole situation." It's here if you want to read it... https://oxfordspeedway.club/2026/08/erik-riss-ruled-out/
  13. Mitch McDiarmid missing for Oxford because he's riding in Poland.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy