Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Toady

Members
  • Posts

    710
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Toady

  1. Ha Ha, my point was right and you know it....You were desperate for changes so that when on your travels as a proper fan you would not be upset by the Oxford Spires losing away. You can’t be much of an intelli gent if you can’t remember any of that.
  2. This was exactly my point about this comment. This guy was desperate for changes to Oxford for the same reason as you(attending away fixtures) and now he’s suggesting the complete opposite. Double standards I think.
  3. I seem to remember someone from Oxford saying something similar about their team but a few weeks ago.
  4. Nice thought to think Osbourne would even consider loaning money for a new stadium build it is indeed a shot in the dark.However most of his promises lead on the road to nowhere.I also think we are all becoming a little paranoid with all this speculation.I would shed no more tears if Osbourne went straight to hell as he is definitely one person I would not like to meet on the other side.
  5. The council have spoken (it must be election time)https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24375749.swindon-council-leader-says-abbey-stadium-will-not-used-housing/
  6. Good point, he does seem to generate plenty speed into the first corner from any position on the start grid and from what I've seen he doesn't appear to roll or jump the start but always remains static. Maybe it's his set up, all to often riders I’ve seen get lightening starts only to be passed in a flash down the back straight.
  7. It's good to see Connor in sparkling form after his injuries last year. He has bonded well with the team and on current form must be looking to improve his average. His commitment and energy are there for all to see and it is good to see him attacking the circuit again. I am sure despite some resistance in some quarters the majority of Edinburgh fans look at his signing as a positive for the club. Well done.
  8. Have to agree, no one could touch him.
  9. That’s the Cheetahs for you we get that every week !
  10. Anyone know when “Our Enry” will be back” ?
  11. Agree totally (I must be unwell) for me it’s also the team spirit everyone getting involved and helping out across all the teams it really shows dare I say a bit like at Swindon in 2019.
  12. Yeh so much for all of them and still no mention of the planning infringements that are taking as long to investigate as the whole sorry saga since 2008.
  13. Sadly this is probably the case L&G would see this as a good investment as the likely hood of getting planning permission some time in the future is as you say is almost assured and of course Osbourne gets his money without all of the hassle before retirement. l notice that George Edwards is no longer a director of Gaming maybe he’s the start of the wind down ?
  14. Thanks, I was aware of That, I think we know that the idea was to build on it all along this is just another step along the way.Osbourne has spread his risk by offloading bits and pieces to anyone who will give him cash up front. Swindon Council should stand firm against any future planning requests for the actual stadium, but somehow I do not believe they will especially with the prospect of a labour gov who have said they will allow more building more or less anywhere.
  15. Yes they show the header page of the docs I’ve just read as I say it looks as though he can carry on using it before cashing in his chips
  16. You could be right, reading through to charge docs ( heavy reading) it looks like a sort of remortgage with LG so either way osbourne gets more cash and is able to continue activities at the stadium going forward until he’s finished with it and then they will redevelop it subject to planning (there’s a laugh not) I had this post ready before your latest I will read article
  17. So they become the mortgage/asset holder if Osbourne defaults or sells in the future along with Lloyds ?
  18. I can’t let you away with that, you never dealt with Cook/Kerr and as far as arguing it’s a bit rich coming from you as you’ve been at it all month. I will also point out that Iam not a proper Oxford fan as rather than go to matches for 15 years and cheer for the opposition I got behind that team.
  19. You certainly do have an agenda! Change at any Cost …while on the subject of responses you haven’t done so on your invented Cook for Kerr narrative as yet.did you forget?
  20. As I said You singled out Harris for removal introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your proper Oxford fan agenda. What a Muppet!
  21. Ha Ha ,we’ve finally got there…you would be happy to kick Chris Harris into that curb of yours ,you must have a problem with him.You also agree that I was happy with all the Teams and didn’t want changes. You only introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your narrative as you knew very well that he was only ever signed for 28 days until Kerr was fit to rejoin the side.
  22. Likewise, where did I say this or anything about Lewis Kerr ?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy