-
Posts
974 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Nickinho
-
Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May
Nickinho replied to Jaizer's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I agree with you about Ashton Boughen, he looked like he'd been riding speedway for all his 15 years when in fact he apparently only switched from motocross last year. He looks a natural on a speedway bike and if he takes his career seriously then he could be the real deal. It's been a long time since i saw a real natural speedway rider especially one who looks so at ease and with so much confidence on track and that's with him just coasting out there so the times he put up were only a rough indication of how talented he is. I loved young Cairnsy's donuts as well. -
Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May
Nickinho replied to Jaizer's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I dumped the BBC weather app months ago on account of it always being wrong and i use the Met Office's one now and the forecast is changing slightly for the better with each passing hour so hopefully the weather tomorrow will be fine. -
Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May
Nickinho replied to Jaizer's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Bit off topic but i hope you all turn out for Sundays' British Youth Championship fixture. Last year's event was poorly attended despite it being a very entertaining 25 heat meeting. I think last years price was £10 so it was well worth the entrance fee. And supporting the next generation of riders is no bad thing. -
And the football isn't?
-
Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May
Nickinho replied to Jaizer's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Another nice, dry and slightly breezy evening perfect for speedway so I wasn't at all surprised by the news of the meeting being called off earlier. I wish the promoters would start using another weather app instead of the one they are currently using which is turning out to be wrong every week. -
Edinburgh vs Oxford. KOC 2nd leg. 28th April
Nickinho replied to JanAndersen's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Scott Nicholls shows Armadale mastery | Monarchs vs Oxford | Heat 13 - YouTube -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
You need more Weetabix! -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I've borrowed my neighbour's canoe for getting to Ashfield tonight. He still doesn't know it yet but that's his problem. -
Oh. Then in that case they should have a duty to rehome the club. Spending money on the Pirates cause would be better than whatever they normally waste the taxpayers' money on. Do we really need more rainbow-coloured pedestrian crossings?
-
I think clubs need to start looking into what involvement their local council can play in terms of the land. I think Manchester City Council contributed a lot to Belle Vue's stadium. In the US, local authorities give HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars towards financing stadia (the Nevada Legislature approved $750 MILLION to help fund the construction of the Raiders' new stadium in Las Vegas). I know the promotors at Armadale looked into this kind of help and didn't get very far because local Scottish politics is a corrupt cesspit and you're more likely to get the go-ahead for a hundred kebab shops on the same high street than you are to get for a speedway stadium on the edge of town but if you can prove that it will bring money/jobs/tourism/reputation into the local area then some councils down south might just help a bit.
-
Why can't Poole fans raise some money between them and buy a bit of land off the beaten track and create a track like Workington have done? It doesn't need to be Wembley Stadium. Just one covered stand, 2 air fences, 3 burger vans, 4 portaloos and 5 tons of shale. Get to it Pirates fans! [edit] I just discovered that you can even rent seated stands.
-
Job Interviewer in 2022: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" Me: "Finally getting to see the restaging of the 2022 Jubilee Trophy..."
-
BERWICK v GLASGOW (BSN) April 15th - 7pm
Nickinho replied to crescent girl's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I've had better 6 minutes... ;) -
BERWICK v GLASGOW (BSN) April 15th - 7pm
Nickinho replied to crescent girl's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
6 minutes if it rains... -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Have you tried the pockets of whatever you were wearing that day? Always works for me :) -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I'm pretty sure that was 6 heats too but again i'm also pretty sure that at the rescheduled fixture i just handed over my voucher and got in for nothing. That happened more than once last season but it appears that has definitely changed. I think this will make me a bit more wary of the weather when going to Ashfield this season. -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Doesn't the rained-off voucher entitle you to free entry at the next meeting? I'm 100% sure that it used to but the announcer was prattling on about getting £4 off the next meeting. Have they changed the voucher system? -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Currently pissing it down. No signs of clear skies either. Not good. -
Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits 14/04/23
Nickinho replied to cheggie's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I think the reserves race will be interesting and how Pijper, Coles and Stoneman progress throughout the meeting. I don't think Berwick will be any pushovers though and if they can keep it tight at Ashfield then they will have a good chance of securing the bonus point at Shielfield as the tigers aren't really that good away from home at times. -
Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday
Nickinho replied to Weeyin's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I recieved no such reply. -
Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday
Nickinho replied to Weeyin's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
“When you're overtaking an enemy, do not leave a passing lane free.” - Sun Tzu 'The Art of Speedway' -
Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday
Nickinho replied to Weeyin's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Thanks. I can't understand why riders block you on Twitter. -
Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday
Nickinho replied to Weeyin's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Hi Lioness, i messaged you a couple of months ago about pinning the Championship signings thread for this season. Thanks for the lack of a reply and the lack of any action either. -
Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday
Nickinho replied to Weeyin's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
A rider deliberately knocking off another rider has never happened in the entire history of speedway. Down with this kind of thing, Father!