Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Trotter65

Members
  • Posts

    71
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Previous Fields

  • Gender
    Male
  • Age
    52

Profile Information

  • Team
    Belle Vue

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Trotter65's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

66

Reputation

  1. I don’t think people had Belle Vue as favourites at the start of the season…most of the previews I saw said they were too top heavy with Kurtz and Bewley eating up a lot of the averages and they had a long tail and weak reserves… obviously things changed and they quickly became favourites and strangely I think their best opposition would have been Kings Lynn who ride Belle Vue better than anybody else but haven’t been good enough elsewhere. we have had one sided seasons before though and with no play offs so basically the title being won in May…Cradley 83 the stand out but a few others as well…
  2. I’ve never thought he was greatly suited to Belle Vue and a track like Ipswich was far better suited to his racing…can’t see Belle Vue really wanting him back to be honest
  3. I can’t believe anybody seriously thought that Ipswich could win tonight let alone challenge over 2 legs… serious question…is it likely Ipswich will be staging a GP…Or is it just a rumour given that Richard Coleman runs both shows ?….if Ipswich is definitely in line then it would be a huge mistake
  4. He was never the same after the England match on TV just after the new starting rules and Frank Ebdon kept stopping his starts and he quit the meeting…
  5. PC’s very best years were at the start of the 4 valve revolution when he was one of the very first riders to benefit from the introduction and factory backing which forced every rider to catch up …a fantastic rider but every top rider is in at every development forcing everybody else into catch up to keep up I agree current bikes are not suited to most small British tracks but given the right track and the right riders the actual racing is probably better than I have ever seen
  6. One of the most interesting things at the moment is to watch the progress of Cairns and Rushen…both big futures ..I’ve seen a lot of them both at Premiership level this year and I’d put Rushen way ahead at the moment and when his gating gets more consistent , and it will, I’d say he has a far bigger future…Cairns has struggled really but seems to have put in 2 really good meetings since his last Belle Vue meeting so it will be interesting to see how he goes…it’s good for each other to be team mates I think to spur each other on
  7. Boughen was supremely talented and fast as a speedway rider but seemed to lose his nerve a bit after a couple of crashes and injury ..after that he looked fast if he gated and got fresh air after the first bend but if the first bend was tight then he shut off a bit ….i don’t know his mindset but that is what it looked like to me ..a shame as he was talented enough to have done really well
  8. Not a massive shock for me…I said Sheffield were not as strong as people said…Flint is not a consistent top 5 rider , Killeen gets a lot of publicity and hype and really is quite overrated and Etheridge isn’t going to get any better now….Rowe is inconsistent for a top 5 rider ….they have defeats in them with that line up
  9. Yes, Belle Vue have posted an old Colts race on Facebook from 2017 and Jack Smith was in the race ..he won it but the other riders in it have long disappeared and he’s stayed at that level 9 years on really
  10. Good news…6 teams isn’t too different from 9 as far as a league goes and the team put together will be competitive so it’s good news…and yes there have been fans who seemingly didn’t want this to happen, mainly Championship fans , a lot of who seemingly want the Premiership to collapse and fail for some reason
  11. If it’s 6 teams in the Premiership that really isn’t that much difference from 9 in the Championship really…I don’t get Championship speedway fans being so anti Premiership , it’s all speedway at the end of the day and I’ve happily watched both leagues and enjoyed both …I’d just like speedway to survive and hopefully thrive again yet it seems a lot of fans don’t want that
  12. Plenty of scope for rider changes once the season is underway
  13. Palovaara will prove quite a few people wrong..he was riding unfit for a lot of the second half of last season and will be a good signing on that average
  14. Was he not talking about Poland and why he is happy to ride in Britain ?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy