TheReturn
Members-
Posts
1,731 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by TheReturn
-
Good, his recent BT Sports studio appearance was cringe. He was just so negative with his comments I thought, he really did not fill me with confidence in his ability to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
-
Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020
TheReturn replied to TheReturn's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
At least he is honest unlike Hancock who took time off the SWC a couple of years ago with the lame excuse he wanted to give the kids a chance. I can not believe people think Rosco should stay. Nice guy I am sure, but he makes dubious tactical choices, questionable rider selections and his motivational skills are not immediately obvious... not to mention the utter negativity/paranoia of those interviews at the weekend. -
Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020
TheReturn replied to TheReturn's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
That is thinking for today, not tomorrow. Surely taking an additional under-21 rider would not just provide backup coverage, but should they need to be called to the big stage in a years time they will have spent two days soaking it all in this year, and be slightly better prepared. -
Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020
TheReturn replied to TheReturn's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Well we have know about big problems for years and Tai appears to be the only one having the balls to say it loudly and appearing to do something about it. If we can not listen to the multiple world champion who seems to be talking sense then who can we listen to? -
Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020
TheReturn replied to TheReturn's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Rosco's own ludicrous comments pre-meeting yesterday deserved not just pot shots, great big cannonballs. -
Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020
TheReturn replied to TheReturn's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
All good points. -
Just listening to those comments by Tai in the studio, am I right in thinking he doesn't have a lot of time for Rosco as Team GB manager? To be fair, everything Tai said made sense to me, and everything Rosco says just sounds utter ridiculous. in fact Rosco seems to have a chip on his shoulders about people (assume he means us fans) moaning. The reason he gave for not taking Bewley made no sense at all. Moving forward for next year, Rosco is not the main to drive Team GB forward, that's clear for us all to see. Tai had a lot of good ideas for the future and we would be stupid to ignore him. So is there any reason why even if he is riding Tai could not have a big say on rider selection with Peter Adams there to manage on the day (they seem to get on well and work together well).
-
Tai really doesn't seem to have any respect for Rosco. But Tai is bang on with his comments. We should have had another under 21 rider there for the experience (as it turns out, would have got a ride). Rosco is clueless at this level, is there any reason why Tai could not do both jobs next season, and be team manager, maybe with Peter Adams?
-
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
TheReturn replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Congratulations to Pearson, I am fairly sure that's the first TV meeting of the season he's not mentioned Hancock. -
Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July
TheReturn replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
A bit OTT? I have seen far worse meetings om Sky/BT. The racing was ok, but like all tracks some nights produce better racing than others. As for the track, I didn't see too much wrong with it, again, we have seen tracks at Poole that are far worse than what we saw last night. I have not been to the showground in years, but I always used to like my visits there and generally some good racing. -
I am so bored with British speedway I stopped watching, not having a club to support, only good interesting racing keeps me watching. I think I have watched one full match all season. Well I watched the first few races Monday then switched over, so I missed that comment. As the other poster suggested, look at 6 man teams. Surely it's worth looking at solutions rather carrying on with a failing product?
-
A couple of years ago I would have argued against this idea, in the past the second tier was sacrificed for the top tier, promises of fair rider shares never happened. But right now it makes complete sense. Let's be honest, the Elite league was never Elite, and the Premiership is now so close to the Championship with so many rider overlaps, a merger makes complete sense if it is also a financially viable option for clubs. For the fans it would mean more variety, and hopefully riders would become 'one club' again, not riding for different British clubs at different times of the week. The idea of the reserves being British under 21 makes sense too. A couple of the top riders may decide to give the British League (perfect name) a miss, but sod them, we can't run a league just for a handful of riders. I would imagine young Aussies would still venture over to the UK and ride British league for the start of their careers, so as top riders are not coming back, a merger of the leagues makes complete sense now.
-
Nah, the GPs have been done this way for years, it's fine. It the grand scheme of things winning an individual GP doesn't mean much does it? I actually couldn't tell you who won which individual GP across the years (apart from Harris at Cardiff) because we all know the big prize is the GP standings, and at the end of each GP that's all I look at, who is where in the standings.
-
Some good points on the thread. Speedway is suffering, and the BSPA perhaps needs to review how they operate, that said people have been saying these exact same things for decades and yet here we still are. I actually think the sport could still thrive, but perhaps would need to change. In some respect the modern age of instant media and quick one line social media means is perfect for speedway and showcasing the best of our 60 second races. The problem of course is you need a collaborative approach from everyone, and employing social media experts and professional web designers to create attractive short clips and social media posts... not just employing speedway mates to design websites that are about 10 years out of date and media experts with no charisma (NP). Of course, then turning social media views into attendance and retaining requires more collaboration between clubs, including discounts to get people in the door, providing tracks that enable real racing (rather than 4 riders riding around) and making stadiums appealing to want to attend. I also think making a bigger deal about supporting your local club/team could help, but is pointless when that teams riders ride for other clubs in the UK on different nights. Speedway is not dead yet, but I don't see any sign that the BSPA want to make use of the modern technology that is readily available.
-
Disagree on the banal side. She's the best lead presenter/interviewer we have had for a long time (regardless of sex). She is very knowledgeable, personable and fills in those llong gaps during grading breaks with Scott really well. Tatum adds good technical knowledge before, during and after a meeting. The only issue Sky and now BT have is Pearson, he's an awful biased and repetitive commentator. He's almost gone an entire season starting virtually every race with 'here we go' and saying 'well, well, well' at every controversial incident. A couple of seasons ago Chris Louis and Tatum commentated one of the play off semi's I think, and they did a very good job.
-
I think this may be the case that the start marshal and referee had discussed how the start process was going to be conducted last night. Which is fine, provided all riders had that same communication. I don't know if that happened. If Tai and all other riders had that communication then Tai can have no complaints other than the fact the rule was not rigidly applied to other riders.
-
Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.
TheReturn replied to Steve Shovlar's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Boring racing I thought, close meeting made it interesting, but 'interesting' is the best you can describe last nights meeting. But I must have watched a different meeting Pearson called it a great meeting and his sycophant followers chipped in with comments like fantastic meeting, brilliant speedway. As for Pearson, another 14 odd 'here we go' at the start. Can you imagine if a cricket commentator started every bowlers run up with the same line. Those that are tight with him, give the poor chap some feedback to help him out... perhaps he can start a race with 'away they go', or 'the race is about to start'..... I could probably come up with 15 variations if needed. He must confuse the hell out of causal viewers with his scoring, if it stays like this it will be a 4-2, but if this and if that all within a race. FFS man, call the score in 60 seconds once the race ends.