Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

szkocjasid

Members
  • Posts

    9,312
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    49

Everything posted by szkocjasid

  1. I will give Scunthorpe credit for making a signing, far too many clubs just use guests.
  2. Because number 3 doesn't have to be a heat leader. Scunny often have their weakest second string at 3 & 3rd heat leader at 4.
  3. But you also said "Leicester are better without Fricke are they?" Obviously I agree it's better to have a top rider for the big heats, but it's not as simple as that, otherwise Lynn would be in the play-offs. Fricke riding for Leicester may have won heats 13 & 15, but a weaker rider elsewhere could have scored less, countering Fricke's contribution. If Howarth didn't retire or Masters didn't lose form, Leicester still would've made it. I don't think k you can just pick up on not choosing Fricke being the sole "difference".
  4. But Leicester finished higher than Lynn who signed Fricke. With Fricke, Leicester would've had to be weaker elsewhere.
  5. But Leicester finished higher than Lynn who signed Fricke. With Fricke, Leicester would've had to be weaker elsewhere.
  6. Yeah, on the last lap maybe should've tried to get in the way of Pickering more, rather than going for the win
  7. Totally agree. BSPL should do all they can to encourage clubs to step up, of course they don't have to. But if TV is showing Prem Speedway, money should go to Prem clubs only.
  8. Yeah wasn't thinking of the extra 5%. Not a fan of a rule that helps teams be stronger when missing riders.
  9. While I like the idea of clubs having to have an U21 Brit & an U24 Brit (don't think they should have to be at reserve) if a club was clever & signed the best 4 U21s (Rushen, Cairns, Harrison, Scott) then instead of another club having to use the 9th best U21, it'd be the 12th best.
  10. Unfortunately they've gone the other way & allowed foreigners to drop to 3.00.
  11. When's the last time Pickering or Masters had an average low enough to guest for Glasgow?
  12. I would plan my team differently in cup / play-off ties as there ate no tactical. Just in case matches don't go the full 15 heats, could leave yourself weaker in heats 13/14? For example 1. Cook 2. Cairns 3. Lawson 4. Rushen 5. Kerr 6. Newman 7. Lightcap If it's called off after 12 heats, at least Lawson has had 4 rides, if its called off after 13, it's the weakest (statistically) top 5 rider missing his last ride. For Scunthorpe, providing they can head to the second leg with a lead, I'd have a weaker number 5 & "sacrifice" heat 13 for points elsewhere. As a neutral I'd like Scunthorpe to win, but can't see it happening.
  13. I'm not so sure, but I did wonder if it could happen? Didn't change the final standings tough.
  14. I agree they should be allowed tk use those dates, however I don't think it'd hurt Belle Vue's attendance having the second leg at home on a Thursday when it's the play-off final.
  15. Surprised at the field, thought Woffy would've used his "celebrity status" to bring some top riders over, especially ones who don't race in GB to boost the crowd?
  16. To be picky it's actually called the Premiership. Lapsed fans may still think of the Premier league as the second tier. Probably not a question for this post, but did they gain anything from naming the leagues after football? Really hope Speedway returns to Arlington, but won't get my hopes up. Be good if a Speedway fan won the lottery / Euromillions.
  17. Riders should know the expectations will be higher at certain clubs, like Glasgow or Poole. Even if the management tell them there's no pressure, they'll know the fans are used to a winning team (especially at Poole). If they want to learn the sport with zero pressure, could join a team that never wins anything?
  18. I think that's an acceptable number, if you want paid more, score more, simple!
  19. I understand Poole want to keep winning, as that brings the fans in. But I don't feel it's a choice of poor track = winning, good track = losing. Poole have the strongest team, so why not prepare an awesome track for the fans to enjoy, while winning?
  20. The BSN have no control over how tracks are prepared. If you chose not to subscribe & only watch BSN matches at tracks you feel are decent, then the clubs you feel deserve it, will be "hit in the pocket". Your choice obviously, but why hinder other clubs because you feel Poole have poor track preparation? If anyone bought the single match pass for yesterday, I feel you can't complain, you should know how slick & dusty the meeting was likely to be.
  21. Best way to get Kye at reserve would be to find a superstar 4 pointer, who goes up into the team
  22. Will a stronger (i.e more expensive) league bring in more fans to cover the costs?
  23. Can't see it being high enough for teams to have top heat leaders & 6 point reserves, would to be 45 at least
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy