I agree, however, getting more away fans in will automatically mean better atmosphere, which, in turn, will encourage more home fans to visit more regularly...
The play offs show the reach of the respective clubs as their crowds sometimes double, and more...
The reason? They actually looks like they have something riding on them (pardon the pun)..
The challenge is to make every meeting "an event" which stands alone to engage people to attend ..
The support is out there, as many, many meetings show..
It's just the lack of any real jeopardy or consequence, that keep people away until the back end of the season, and then any momentum is lost as the season ends .
I mentioned the Wolves matches of the 90's earlier. I never missed them, nor did many others who, like me, didn't attend every week..
It's a virtuous circle, get a decent crowd, then you generate atmosphere, generate atmosphere and you generate further decent crowds, with word of mouth hopefully increasing them further .
I also never missed Nicki P riding at Belle Vue. A perfect pantomime villian...
And also what was noticeable when Nicki P visited was the larger then usual crowd to see him race against Jason Crump...
The blueprint is there, and has been used successfully, they just need to start to use it again, but using a 2026 fit for purpose version of it ..
A minimum of 50 or so, vocal away fans at every track would be a good start in generating some much needed atmosphere...
A real opportunity for promoters...