-
Posts
13,975 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
75
Everything posted by Bagpuss
-
Get in there Robert, brilliant performance. From his first demo rides round Lynn at 12 years old to this, totally deserved. A proud Norfolker this evening.
-
Bit different; Fricke needs the points, Woryna doesn't.
-
I personally thought Woryna parked it a bit too much in front of Freddie and didn’t really give him anywhere to go.
-
Lebedevs asleep there.
-
Roadblock Doyle.
-
It feels like RC is the kind of character we've needed for many years. As has been said the difficult bit for him will be getting people to follow him but whatever he is proposing has to better than scraping by or losing money every season? There needs to be a longer term plan and a strategy for growth rather than cobbling together the same old format every year and you feel this fella might well be able to provide that. Every interview he does is impressive.
-
Sheffield v Leicester 24/09 7:30pm - PO Semi 1st Leg
Bagpuss replied to 40-38's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Last night wasn't really an issue, I think guests for number ones and reserves in Play Offs from a team who didnt qualify is fine. The wider issue is when teams are full of borrowed riders rather than R/R and riders unattached in the Prem. It's got out of hand rather than being a last resort. Based on what exactly other than wild specullation? Why on earth would he fly/drive a 'GP bike' over the the UK for one meeting when he'll need it on Saturday? Hes already scored well for Lynn at Sheffield twice this year on his British bikes and of course wasn't riding against Sheffield last night which makes his job a lot easier, Leicester have majorly gone off the boil unfortunately for them. Also I'm intrigued why Sheffield would be offering a bonus when they've openly said they have struggled with crowds and finances this season? -
Couldn't ever have been the case though could it?
-
I think I went with Sheffield to finish top/win the title. The loss of Holder was obviously huge for them but BV have comfortably been the best side regardless. PK, Tate & Cairns were the question marks but all have been excellent and therein lies the difference I'd suggest.
-
BSN FINAL POOLE V REDCAR
Bagpuss replied to Fortythirtyeight's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
But then he could be brilliant tonight and then rubbish tomorrow, or vice versa. That's how inconsistent he is unfortunately. -
I don't think he has an 'ego'. I applaud any rider who tries to better themselves by dropping easy money in our Championship and trying to crack the much harder Polish leagues.....unfortunately it didn't work out for Tom this year and he appears to have regressed. A season in the Championship might be sensible if he cant get a Polish gig but I wouldn't give up on that avenue if I was him.
-
Ipswich v Belle Vue PO Semi 1st Leg
Bagpuss replied to Rob B's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
This is a familiar tale in speedway unfortunately. The best racing is often when riders have no idea which line is fastest or the track takes a bit of thought to ride and of course riders generally dont like that. -
Anyone who has been at Lynn and has half a brain has seen him riding his nuts off this year, but lacking both gating and speed which had been very odd. His scores in Poland have been down on last year too. I'd like to think he'll stay at Lynn to put right what went wrong this season but he'll be in demand I'd have thought.
-
Once a national title is in the calendar then no other meeting should run against it, rearranged or otherwise; pretty straightforward you'd have thought.
-
Pairs and CLRC
Bagpuss replied to LisaColette's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Shock result 🙄 -
Ipswich v Belle Vue 10th September
Bagpuss replied to Aries's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I'd say the only reason he's a slow burner is the injuries, one of which was absolutely horrendous. Take those away and he'd be burning a lot brighter by now I reckon. -
Lawson might be available but I think bridges were probably burned there. Could see Klindt coming back but I think we probably need to move away from former riders and freshen up.
-
Last I heard the Lynn management are only interested in top tier speedway. There's something not right somewhere along the line at Lynn, not sure what. This years side should have finished top four at a canter, I would argue only the two youngsters have met expectations. Fricke is averaging about three points less than he should be at home but has held the team together away at times. If he wants to come back Id have him due to his average but apart from him, Jody and Cooper I'd clear the rest out and freshen things up. And provide them with a track they can actually race on.
-
Leicester v Kings Lynn 03/09/26 7:30pm
Bagpuss replied to 40-38's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
The failure to reach the top four wont be because of last night, its the three home defeats and the loss and Northampton. Fricke has regressed, Kvech & Cook havent kicked on and they made a dog's breakfast of the Castagna/Jenkins spot. All a bit of an underwhelming mess unfortunately. Cooper and Jody have been the bright spot. -
Leicester v Kings Lynn 03/09/26 7:30pm
Bagpuss replied to 40-38's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
If we get 40 that'd be a pretty good night, its an awful hunting ground for us.