-
Posts
1,992 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by GeneralMelchett
-
How could I forget Mariusz, we nicked him for Arena for a season too - he was really a favourite there too!
-
add this to your profile now!
-
It the days when JL was married to Magda the Witches often had up and coming Poles like Zibi Suchecki, Bob Miskowiak, Karol Baran etc some did well others struggled. Plus they got Jarek and whats his name - Pepe Protasiewicz over
-
I think he has a very good notion of what needs to be done and what he is up against - lets hope he doesn't find the barriers to dragging this sport up to a proper level of standards and scrutiny are doomed to fail! Potentially the 'blooding up' of lots of up and coming riders etc - If he makes the gate he is rarely caught!
-
I think he has a very good notion of what needs to be done and what he is up against - lets hope he doesn't find the barriers to dragging this sport up to a proper level of standards and scrutiny are doomed to fail! Potentially the 'blooding up' of lots of up and coming riders etc -
-
off 15m for you!!
-
Sheffield v Leicester- 25th June
GeneralMelchett replied to InTheDeepStuff's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I/R it is then! -
well the promotion are doing something correct - everyone is wondering and talking about it!!
-
No doubting he still has ability / talent - don't mess this chance up Jason!
-
Talented rider who I do enjoy watching at Owlerton - speedy recovery Jack and hope you are back soon!
-
Belle Vue -V- Ipswich
GeneralMelchett replied to PhilTheAce's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
what specially has he said then? Cos from my perspective he's not really gone overboard with any hyperbole etc. -
Belle Vue -V- Ipswich
GeneralMelchett replied to PhilTheAce's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
A proper thrashing - only Danny emerges with credit really but move on! -
Belle Vue -V- Ipswich
GeneralMelchett replied to PhilTheAce's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
He is hardly going to come in and say - well everyone i intend to run this into the ground, but as ever people have the attention spans of gnats and expect success to be achieved with either no investment or overnight. Why everyone is judging them after 3 months and that's why we are on our 7th PM in 10 years! -
Belle Vue -V- Ipswich
GeneralMelchett replied to PhilTheAce's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
If they hadn't have taken over the series then who would have? I really do wonder what goes through peoples minds sometimes do they not see the evidence in front of them? - the GB SGP has gone from Cardiff to Belle Vue and the Danish one from Parken to Vojens - think people think!! The speedways of nations was a terribly badly attended event the other year even the final had a half empty stadium in Poland! There is periodic calls to re-run one down under - completely overlooking the fact that each time one has been run the event has lost shedloads for the relevant promoters! -
Belle Vue -V- Ipswich
GeneralMelchett replied to PhilTheAce's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Bad news to see two of the top riders that commit to the UK leagues out injured - particularly Jason as he has just returned to UK speedway. I think Ipswich might restrict this to about 50-40 but expect a home win. -
Top banter fellas Delighted to see Doyley back and wish him all the best
-
Sheffield V Northampton 11/06/26
GeneralMelchett replied to Bald Bloke's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Despite all the chuntering the pre-emptive rain offs usually are the right call! -
Lions vs Witches PL R1 11/06/2026 19:30 OFF!
GeneralMelchett replied to IainB's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
OFF before we had even started the topic!! -
Absolutely but in all the time i attended Cardiff I do not recall the attendance being more than 45k A ready made stadium is always desirable but we don't really have one big enough to get a decent buzz about it, I do like the NSS but even with temporary seating for a world event its not big enough - that said it never sold out for the Speedway of nations the other year so what do I know! Coventry was always great for these events - a shame its no longer viable!
-
I've been to Athletics there - it's a nice stadium good views no matter where you are sat, and yes if a track could be laid it would be ok for speedway I would think. Another potential one could be the Crystal Palace Athletics Arena - been there for Athletics too similar to Alexander Stadium.
-
I don't really disagree with any of that - however the GP even in Poland and other countries is restricted to smaller stadia now which suggests that at 10 rounds they are maxed, perhaps less is more and build back up from there! I can remember the Danish GP being at Parken (capacity 35k) now its at Vojens 15k? Every promoter down under that's tried has made huge losses if i recall things correctly. I reckon a 20k stadia would be about right - that way it could create that atmosphere and buzz - there is nothing worse than sitting in a half or even majority empty stadium at a sporting event regardless of what it is! I even remember the 1989 world final at the Olympic Stadium in Munich and that wasn't sold out either despite it being a healthy crowd. This might bring back some happy memories - World Final at Odsal 1985 - 37,000 apparently! https://www.yfanefa.com/record/2011
-
In my view no point trying to get speedway in a big stadium unless you can fill it, towards the end of my time going to Cardiff the crowd levels were dropping and whilst the Atmosphere was still good playing out in a half empty stadium doesn't seem right to me! I've watched Athletics at the LS and can confirm its excellent for that! Never been for football.
-
can we change this page to discussions only
GeneralMelchett replied to gjcone44's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I forgot why I came on here! saying that I am one of the under 60s!