Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

GeneralMelchett

Members
  • Posts

    1,991
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by GeneralMelchett

  1. Mine is the - 'Oh I have heard from a reliable source that it is x to Ipswich' rumours
  2. First time for everything - to be fair there is a chance so lets all crash the updates site tomorrow!
  3. To be fair - Lidsey tho he's been about a few years and is a SWC rider etc - I keep thinking he is much older than 24! Id say he is a senior Aussie now for sure
  4. I think the weakeness for the Witches this year was those 3 home losses, so to cure that riders who are very good at Foxhall are a must - Klindt and Zach Cook fit that bill for me based on this season.
  5. Given how Zach Cook rides (Foxhall) and will be looking for a team place would he fit in there anywhere?
  6. Given how he rides / rode at Foxhall this season i'd almost tempted to recommend Klindt if he could be fitted in and doesnt recommit to KL
  7. I will just leave this here as well - although it was 24 points this time! Lambert surely has done enough for a recall in 2024!
  8. As a speedway fan in general before any club loyalties now - i think its great that Lynn will be back in 2024 - lets hope for a positive season for you as well!
  9. I am slightly surprised at the result at Wolves but Leicester clearly dug in to get the result tonight and have probably just squeezed into the playoffs as a result! so the cup is the final chance unless Leicester get absolutely turned over at Peterborough later this week
  10. For some reason it’s always in a ropey state on a Monday night after the results for an hour or so well done Leicester probably just done enough now
  11. Maybe just maybe Leicester really wanted the win knowing their season might be over without the points
  12. And if yer Aunty had balls she’d be your Uncle! The unpredictability of sport that’ all
  13. Ipswich in the koc for sure Emil is better IMO at Owlerton than Lambert but take nothing away from Pickering on his day he is very good at Owlerton
  14. On paper it suggest an away win but who knows what mnight happen in the KL reserves turn in another 26 point haul between them!
  15. Well good news I can't make either meeting as am on holiday (might try and go to Plymouth instead) so the bad luck charm that is me can't work my magic for the Tigers! My record 3 home losses from 4 matches for Ipswich and 1 from 2 for Sheffield!
  16. The 'Lamberts" aside KL not offered anything really - easy home win - give Holder his due that was a decent comeback to UK racing - there will be tougher tests for sure - Howarth and Pickering also impressive last night but again they will have tougher matches ahead!
  17. In the old days which for me is the late 80s we often did Arena on Thursday or Saturday ( when they switched ) and Hackney on a Friday / we could have done Rye H on the Sunday I suppose for the Hatrick - only ever went once however.
  18. Always loved the 16 lapper and 12 Lappers at Ipswich / Arena of course a lot of individual meetings used to be qualifiers as well like world championship rounds and the Grand Slam etc so there desire was always there for riders to go for it!
  19. I dont watch the GPs in full now, I tend to watch either the shorter highlight version. I much prefer the SWC and team events - even Pairs events I used to like. Individuals can be good for a one of meeting like the NLRC / PLRC etc. I always enjoyed attending Cardiff - but haven't been since Tai came second to Bartosz, and I must admit i feel no need to go again
  20. For me i do i have a fair few tracks about 1 hr to 90 minutes away but they have diminished in options tho - but Scunthorpe, Peterborough, Wolves, Belle Vue, Leicester and Sheffield are all within 90 minutes approx my my house. I suspect Birmingham too. Stoke closed - I made a couple of trips there in the mid 2000s and really enjoyed both. Coventry was probably also about 90 minutes as well, Long Eaton was probably even closer but they have been goen for some time. Of course (sadly) Wolves will join them after this year!
  21. The other thing about those Coventry ones I attended was the riders really wanted to win it or qualify so the racing was often frantic
  22. ah right - that's pre my time. Yes we used to holiday on the Welsh / Shropshire borders for a few years (late 80s) and we had a pick of meetings to attend Wolves, Cradley H - there wasnt a night where there wasnt a meeting on somewhere
  23. A few weeks back I had a free weekend, wife was away visiting her father down in Devon, the was 0 meetings on a Saturday for whatever reason, I think Redcar were running on the Friday but I didn't fancy driving up there on a Friday after work and there was also no meeting on the Sunday within a reasonable drive.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy