British Speedway Forum

Speedway Best Pairs

Not sure if the Eurosport commentators were actually at trackside or sitting back home in a studio, but I saw Kelvin Tatum strolling around in the pits at Landshut and watching the racing.

Very good racing last night, the first big speedway meeting here in Germany for a long time. One Sport did a great job to organise this. Not much difference in the quality compared to the events organised by BSI/IMG.

• Like 3

Out of the 2 One Sport events I think they should push the FIM to sanction the Pairs as an official World Championship event. It's my most favourite part of Speedway ever watching rider's team ride. It's beautiful poetry and the reason to love Speedway.

As a note, with how sh!yte Nicki Pedersen was I'd have been a bit p!$$ed if I was Hans Andersen not to get a ride

• Like 2

Had the feeling Norbert the commentator was slightly peeved with Egon Müllers commentary and kept cutting him short and going off in another direction.Kept saying it was a sell out 12,000 crowd,which would be excellent if true.Otherwise congrats to all for a great nights entertainment

Thought I heard useless commentators mention attendance of 5,000. Then again wouldn't be the first time they got it wrong.

Out of the 2 One Sport events I think they should push the FIM to sanction the Pairs as an official World Championship event. It's my most favourite part of Speedway ever watching rider's team ride. It's beautiful poetry and the reason to love Speedway.

As a note, with how sh!yte Nicki Pedersen was I'd have been a bit p!$$ed if I was Hans Andersen not to get a ride

Dare they drop Pedersen from a race, can you imagine what he'd say and do!!!

Andersen was quite relaxed just watching the action from the pits. He seemed to take it easy and did not seem to really expect getting a call-up to ride.

i'm not surprised he wasn't expecting a call up with niels riding so well wasn't that one of nicki's pit crew acting as manager before the gate picks?

What drugs is Jack on? All he has to do is remember four riders and their helmet colours for one minute, and he can't even remember them after first bend, made even Sam "straightaway" Ermolenko sound intelligent. He really was appalling, couldn't tell one rider from another and can't even count to 4. I assume the guy gets paid for this rubbish, get shot of him quick.

• Like 2

What drugs is Jack on? All he has to do is remember four riders and their helmet colours for one minute, and he can't even remember them after first bend, made even Sam "straightaway" Ermolenko sound intelligent. He really was appalling, couldn't tell one rider from another and can't even count to 4. I assume the guy gets paid for this rubbish, get shot of him quick.

Their commentary is so awful its brilliant, you have to laugh with not at them.

Really enjoyed this meeting, some cracking racing in at times difficult conditions.

As someone who's watched Eurosport's excellent motorcycle racing coverage for many years, I'm very pleased that they've taken speedway on board too. I love Jack Burnicle's commentary to bits, I know he cocks up but he's such a nice bloke that I'd forgive him any gaff he'd wish to make. I can see why he gets on some people's ** though!! :D

Anyway, beggars can't be choosers,, just keep enjoying the racing.

• Like 1

i'm not surprised he wasn't expecting a call up with niels riding so well wasn't that one of nicki's pit crew acting as manager before the gate picks?

Also wonder if there is some bias within the German team.We have had 5 riders used in two meetings,but strangely the actual German Champ hasn't been picked!!!!

How is Doyle?? Havent seen any news .. Looked really bad.

There was no broken bones but needed stitches in a gash on his leg.

He also got concussion and will miss a week of speedway

Got off fairly likely. Lucky lad

There was no broken bones but needed stitches in a gash on his leg.

He also got concussion and will miss a week of speedway

Got off fairly likely. Lucky lad

Thanks. Thats nothing compared to what I thought after I saw it.

He's actualy pretty good at BSB and WSBK (IMO anyway), but is completely useless at speedway. Speeway has to be one of the most straightforward jobs for a motorsport commentator - 4 bikes all wearing different colours and 4 laps - quite why he struggles is beyond me.

Calling races after 3 laps. Getting confused between riders - especially "Nicky Peeeedersen".

• Like 1

How was the Swedish commentators?

As I said:

He, Peter Dahlbom, is ok, not as good as the team at Cmore who does the Elitserien broadcasts, but definitely still ok.

Some errors when it comes to notice rider changes, like when Bogdanovs replaced Poudzuks but other then that he is ok.

Especially since he does not have a speedway background (he is a road racing commentator) and have done less then 10 meetings in total.

Edited by Ghostwalker