British Speedway Forum

Swedish Elitserien 2014, Round 1

Please God No!

I will tolerate with them for the benefit of seeing speedway on TV from Sweden. Would you sooner seen no coverage? Thanks Eurosport.I am really looking forward to this — some new riders and definitetly new tracks

Edited by mike1944

Please God No!

Lol lol got to admit my heart sunk a little when i heard who was there, gee it a small old boys circle is speedway broadcasting but at the end of the day i'd settle for Pinky and Perky or the Flowerpot Men (no i'm not that old that i watched them lol) if the price to pay is HD Swedish speedway.

TV showing usual speedway habit of a team changing the reserves riding order with Dackarna's line-up. Very weird wholesale changes to the Indianerna side if the graphics are in riding order, but can they have Iversen, Protasiewicz and Lindgren in positions 1 2 & 3? See how they line up at the start and if they are listed per riding order and not averages or something lol, i'll update the racecard. MULTIPLE official sources all had the same lists and it wasn't these lol.

UPDATE As per MiniMax racecard including gates so the graphic wasn't in riding order.

Nicki doing his Shirley Temple petulant hands on hips after that nudge (no i wasn't old enough to watch her either)

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

I will tolerate with them for the benefit of seeing speedway on TV from Sweden. Would you sooner seen no coverage? Thanks Eurosport.I am really looking forward to this — some new riders and definitetly new tracks

Good God chill out we have not even had heat one yet. :)

Edited by pandorum

Lol lol got to admit my heart sunk a little when i heard who was there, gee it a small old boys circle is speedway broadcasting but at the end of the day i'd settle for Pinky and Perky or the Flowerpot Men (no i'm not that old that i watched them lol) if the price to pay is HD Swedish speedway.

LMAO yes it certainly is something when Sam is the one who sounds sensible :)

UPDATE As per MiniMax racecard including gates so the graphic wasn't in riding order.

yes I groaned when I saw the graphic as I thought oh bollocks

Swiderski looked fast then, Lindgren was holding him up.

He has looked good in Poland too. Fair play to him.

Loktaev too looking good this season. The Russians could well dance the WTC this year iff they don't implode again.

"a brilliant second" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Jack gets the award for daftest comment of the 2014 season.

Edited by pandorum

lmao.. Sam having to step in again, Old Jack doesn't even notice Nicki getting wiped out.

Lol Lol Lol yeah i noticed that. Mind you I'm not going to criticize a commentator new to the sport though that has absolutely no bearing on how did he not see the crash! Anyways let's hope we get lots of speedway racing topics to discuss tonight.

Sam so far is actually doing a very good job.

Maybe he's safely out of range of the 'Pearson and Tatum mass hysteria Syndrome.

On to the speedway if no more rain it looks as if the track isn't dangerous to ride/race on which could bode well for later in the meeting.

OMG so sorry only one more commentator comment Sam firmly interrupting and correcting Jack that "Woodward isn't in this one it's Antonio Lindback"!!! The whole world and his dog has known Lindback is injured, does he just pick up his paycheck and do ZERO research ahead of a meeting? OK enough i chat speedway only from now on lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Give me Nige and Tatum any day of the week.... this is absolutely awful commentary.

I agree completely. Eurosports coverage of the GP's & Euro's etc has been 1st class so why do they get a complete halfwit in the comms who knows nothing about the sport??

They're obviously in a studio in England so why cant they get someone decent in who is actually connected to Speedway & not some other motorsport??

I'm watching it with the sound down its that bad!! The guy is as bad as the Irish muppet that Prem Sports had for the 1st season. Maybe if we inundate them with complaints they'll change it like Prem did. The guy they had on last year was really knowledgeable & a Speedway guy.

It's great coverage by Eurosport that is nice to see but they need someone to commentate.

This pair are clowns. Jack does know his motorsport but he is out of his depth here and Sam has already began to let his mouth be half a sentence ahead of his brain.

Give me Nige and Tatum any day of the week.... this is absolutely awful commentary.

• Like 1

I agree completely. Eurosports coverage of the GP's & Euro's etc has been 1st class so why do they get a complete halfwit in the comms who knows nothing about the sport??

They're obviously in a studio in England so why cant they get someone decent in who is actually connected to Speedway & not some other motorsport??

I'm watching it with the sound down its that bad!! The guy is as bad as the Irish muppet that Prem Sports had for the 1st season. Maybe if we inundate them with complaints they'll change it like Prem did. The guy they had on last year was really knowledgeable & a Speedway guy.

Or maybe they'll say "stuff this" and not bother carrying it.

Guess who was on the wrong thread! :lol: Mr Technology himself. :lol:

Ha! we all been there done that, don't worry we'll check out your comments (wherever you made them) later lol.

Fingers crossed we get some good racing as i had pictured a far gloomier scene before we saw the first pictures.

I see Freddie wasted no time and had no problem putting eight years of service for Dackarna behind him :)

Kylmakorpi is a Swede now?

Been pointed out a few times joonas' situation.He has dual citizenship and was even last season riding "as a Swede",to help out with the regulations.But as Ghostwalker has stated Joonas was also Swedish U21 champ in days gone by

• Like 1

An admirable ride by Dudek.

Millala and Millile :rofl:

I have turned down the sound as these idiots are annoying me

Jack sat next to Sam says Lok-ta-ev, Sam immediately says Lok-tev.

Nice to see we not getting greatly strung out races and again can't empathise enough - whoever commentates - i'm so very grateful for this coverage.

Do wish we had had good weather to show the Elitserien in all it's glory with a larger crowd and Malilla style racing.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1