British Speedway Forum

• Topics

• Bit of a distance from Hull: not always had money or nowadays the time. Or a team to support, it means waaay more, trust me.  In early days of away coach trips folks wouldn't let me go such relatively far off places as they didn't want me returning at 'stupid o clock' & waking everyone up.  I got away with trips to likes of Halifax home 11.30pm-ish, Belle Vue (told 'em it wasn't actually in Manchester, bit nearer !) back 12 - 1am-ish, same with Birmingham, Coventry & Cradley 'they're outside of the cities, in villages, so also quite a bit nearer (!)' so got away with 2.30am-ish returns 'due to roadworks, honest' - almost every Saturday away trip (!), but Swindon away & a 4am return, waking up the dog & therefore everyone else didn't make me at all popular.  Anyhoo good on Ippo, still sucessfully running speedway....
    • That surprises me! Funny thing is, while we both used to be Thursday night tracks, I've actually been there a helluva lot. Wasn't always great racing, but I like the size and shape of the place. Saw Moggo have a bad one there (actually, seen him do that at most tracks) when he went through the fence on the home straight.
    • Riss and Kerr fail to beat an opponent between them again, we are drifting along aimlessly with points to spare.
    • From what I’ve heard tonight very much doubt if Musielak will be bask in King’s Lynn colours this season.  Seemingly not impressed with the way things are being run compared to his previous UK experiences with Wolverhampton, Swindon and Sheffield.  If this turns out to be true then feel for the Stars fans as he’s a helluva entertaining rider and puts the team in a right mess with already needing a full time replacement for Klindt
    • Another dominant home win for Sheffield.  We all know the Sheffield team has been built to carry the reserves with a firing 1-5, the cause for concern is Pickering, since returning from injury his form has dropped off and his average is going the same way (Woffinden not called him out yet though) where as Howarth on the up with his average with BP’s nudging ahead of Pickering now.  Pickering’s gating has hit worse and seems to have no speed to get past opponents home or away and his spat with Gilkes tonight was just childish due to poor gate and no speed.  I’d personally swap him and Howarth around for a few meetings to give him the number 2 berth, gives him the supposedly easier Ht8 with 2 rising stars and removes the pressure race if Ht14 if a close one.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy