British Speedway Forum

• Topics

• As an Ipswich fan I’m not worried out of these two who wins just hope for a good meeting …. It’s as long as Sheffield and Poole done win anything then all is good lol 
    • So the 2024 season is almost done and the AGM for next year will be upon us soon, so I was just wondering, what would people like to see? Don’t be silly and suggest bloody uprights or 13 heats (move on by the way). Realistic suggestions. Firstly, every club to come back to the tapes. And if so, I would like one Championship to move up, not really fussed who. Leaving us with 2 leagues of 8. 2 home, 2 away in both with a KO Cup for each. I’d like the Premiership to continue with its increase in a professional image. Stuff like, all the start marshalls in the same outfit, bit more of a standardised show. Rising star to stay in place but in the Championship, I’d like the number 7 to be a 2.00 rider. Official number 8s too for both leagues. I understand the reasons for doubling up, but I’d love it if Premiership sides were restricted to one DU rider (aside from the rising star of course) NDL could use a couple of more sides. I like the way it is, with the majority of meetings being on Sundays, is brilliant. Clubs are starting to use social media more and it’s the absolute way forward. Maybe more BTS videos for Instagram and tiktok, as it’s the only way nowadays to grab the young audience. Nothing spectacular, nothing that’s going to reinvent the wheel. 
    • 👍 Now 13, getting there - need to start the 2 minute clock!
    • We'll take a pity victory all day long 😁
    • I said at the start of the season this situation would happen, there have should have been some kind of average retention policy brought in for retaining the new batch of 2.00 riders. It would only apply to new 2.00 riders retained at the same club for the following season. A 15% cut would reward clubs for developing said rider and reward the rider with another team spot for making progess in the sport, not penalising for doing well! Luke's 4.43 would become 3.77, which can become alot more inviting for team building purposes. Whether things like this are even discussed are another matter.
    • Don't count on Cook being left out of Aces ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy